About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

SENSATIONAL SENIORS   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 8/23/15 by ModDee; 1332965 views.
Susan1206

Sep-1

Hi Carolyn ~

Nice to see you posting.  Ray is in school already ~ it's pretty amazing!  Molly is teaching remotely from her school (kindergarten).  Sara, a senior and Ryan in eighth grade (hybrid) and Bronwen in her daycare with temperatures taken each day.  Aren't we so fortunate to be retired?   I can't even imagine being in a school with all of this going on.

Finn o.k.  Battled an ear hematoma (high doses of cortisone), now kaopectate and G.I. distress for two weeks.  He'll be nine in January.

Yes, knee after 3rd injection gel is still hurting.  Probably a knee replacement necessary.  Would prefer to wait until the beginning of the year ~

Stay safe and again, nice to hear from you.  Susan

Susan1206

Sep-1

Hi Ernie ~

Just listening to our Governor's weekly COV-19 report.  Apparently, athletes (already) are testing positive.  My guess is that schools will be shut down in a month or so.  So happy, I'm finished with the education field.  I can't even imagine.

Keep the Faith.  Finn still on the Kao-pectate pills.  It's been a long long battle from the Cortisone.   

Susan

Cocoa60

Sep-2

Morning Kitty.  Guess you have to go through closing and moving now.  Some of it should be fun.  We have no relatives near us here except our daughters.

I get to see my daughter and kids again today for pizza.

I had just gotten a new string of LED lights for Cocoa's grave and a deer tripped over it or something.  Had to cut out one light and solder wires together without it.

Have a good day.

Ernie

Cocoa60

Sep-2

Morning Susan.  Sorry to hear Finn is in pain.  Brandy hurt her leg 3 days ago but seems to be back to normal now.  She's been taking Glucosamine for years for her joints.

It's pouring rain here now so looks like no walk until 9:30.  I will do the elliptical first today.

My brother with bad diabetes and his wife with cancer are in danger from the virus I think.

My grands were already home schooling because of all the vaccines required in our state, so not much change.

Wife would've quit the elder care job if we hadn't already retired, no retirement benefits from there anyway so it's just like quitting.

Have a good day.

Ernie

Kittyarnold

Sep-2

lots coming up  closing and moving....and somewhere in between it all the back surgery....I guess I will be sitting at the new home supervising....relaxed

Susan1206

Sep-2

Dear Ernie ~

Catching up a bit on the Forum.... Kitty back surgery?  Oh my!  

Ready for the two-and a half year old whirlwind granddaughter.  Reminder notes All over the  Condo ~ Pick up from DayCare at 5:00 p.m. TODAY.   I will have her for two plus nights while parents are on a get away (their 4th anniversary).  Hoping the knee and Ibuprofen get me through it all.  LOL

Entertaining (against my better thoughts) spouse's family on Labor Day.   Condo big enough to social distance six people (???)   much to do to get ready for a gathering...... And so it goes.

Hugs, Susan

Susan1206

Sep-2

Dear Kitty ~

Back surgery before moving?   Oh my!   Please tell us about the new home.  I'm sure it is a century home and will be wonderful!!!   

Hugs, Susan

Kittyarnold

Sep-2

New house   5 acres with pond....house style..looks like a barn...close to dirt road....beautiful second story "apartment" with huge living room lovely kitchen with bath....no guest room but possible...or roll out couch...surgery scheduled for Oct 1....lets get it over with....apartment needs a new coat of paint...I can't live with bright orange and dark purple  also bedroom needs hardwood floors....love it.... 

Cocoa60

Sep-3

Morning Kitty.  Sad you need surgery but good they believe they can fix it.

Fixed a solder sucker I bought about a year ago today.  Fixed my old one and then this new one quit.  It was only a vacuum hose in the handle, good thing, they are expensive.  They are for electronic repairs.

I might go south and move a ham radio antenna for my brother today.  I looked at it on my last visit and should be able to do it easily.

Was nice to see daughter and grands for pizza, granddaughter couldn't make it.

Have a good day.

Ernie

Kittyarnold

Sep-3

going to our new house today to have the septic and water tested.....can't wait to get the painting done and also can't wait to move in.....but won't be for awhile.....and may happen after my surgery   so I won't be able to do too much.....frustration....hope your day goes well....