About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

SENSATIONAL SENIORS   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 8/23/15 by ModDee; 1422875 views.
Kittyarnold

Nov-25

11 yrs and a day  ....celebrate that is a good long time....I wish I could taste your pumpkin bread tomorrow...and I will see if I can post your anniversary.....

Kittyarnold

Nov-25

Something has changed I couldn't figure out to start a new post for you.....so lets shout it to the rooftops....SUSAN MAYER PUT DOWN THE CIGGIES 11 years and one day ago....COME AND CELEBRATE....HOORAY FOR YOU SUSAN..

Susan1206

Nov-25

Dear Kitty ~

Thank YOU and I mean YOU....because if it were not for you and Bonnie and MaryAnn and others, I may have gone by the wayside for sure.  I will be eternally grateful to you and the others and the Forum for saving my life (literally).  We are not naive to know that smoking did harm to our lungs and most likely, took years from our life.  BUT....there is HOPE and a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow!   Thank you, thank you, thank you.  A reward someday from the Ocean Spirit for giving many of us the encouragement to go forth.

P.S  I'll wish you several pieces of pumpkin bread.  Cooking was easy....now, not so much!

Susan1206

Nov-25

Thanks, Kitty ~

I don't even know how to reach one of the Mods.  Wow....eleven years and counting.  I pinch myself just thinking about it.

((hugs))  Susan

Cazza2468

Nov-25

Congratulations on 11 years and one. What a wonderful achievement.  And yes, I’m with you, as I have no idea how to start a new thread eithersmile 

Take some time to celebrate 

Caz

Susan1206

Nov-25

Thank you for your posting.  Yes, a good feeling...the FREEDOM that the wise ones spoke of.  It finally came...... Probably the accomplishment I am the most proud of!

Carry on....as they say....   Susan

Cocoa60

Nov-26

Morning Kitty.  Don't have to go to Wegmans for pie ingredients.  One of our daughters

bought pies so the ones wife already made are enough.  Hope the therapy has you walking

better to take advantage of the surgery. 

Glad we don't smoke also.

Have a happy Thanksgiving.

Ernie

Cocoa60

Nov-26

Morning Susan.  I've also only posted on existing forum threads for many years.

Congrats on 11 years.  Had a very hard time getting to 11 days back then.

Forum was a great help.

Have a happy Thanksgiving and good baking.

Ernie

Kittyarnold

Nov-26

To all of our friends on Sensational. Seniors Happy Thanksgiving hope you day will be wonderful....love you all  and in helping anyone it helped me....and I will always be grateful for that...

Susan1206

Nov-27

Hi Ernie ~

Ah...the day after Turkey Day...and it's always good to have leftovers!  Dinner was delicious (part catered thanks to daughter and son-in-law.  An extremely moist turkey sliced with rosemary and bacon) and part due to my contributions of scalloped corn, pumpkin bread, stuffing and baked cinnamon apple slices.  Always way too much food.

Looks like we may don our masks and go look at a couch to replace the leather one.  I know it will be crazy out there and we will wait till the black Friday special people go first.  LOL

Enjoy the day.  Susan