About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

SENSATIONAL SENIORS   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 8/23/15 by ModDee; 1466015 views.
Kittyarnold

Jan-23

Won't stop it then.....daughter is the attorney and was diagnosed with MS 3 wks before she sat for the bar....she made it thru....and that was long ago when she was mothering two children...her husband was wonderful   she went to night school....so she has done very well with the MS...just doesn't need anything that is too serious....she isn't on a list yet...she may be registered, but isn't sure of that either...really messed up in CT...  that kind of a day for sure....climbing into bed one night and I never go anywhere without my full glass of ice water...so I knocked it over and it poured into my underwear drawer...thank goodness Brian is here and grabbed a towel etc.....22 degrees here this morning..

Kittyarnold

Jan-23

two more weeks?  I would hate it....we are 22 degrees with partly/mostly sunny....just really glad the sun is out...glad you did get to see your wife.....hope you are motivated to do the electronic stuff....have a good one

Susan1206

Jan-23

Hi Kitty,

Sounds like we pretty much had the same kind of day.  Take one step forward and TWO steps back.  

Jim is interested in a movie called English Football so he was watching that and I was organizing my knitting supplies  Missing a 13 bamboo needle!   Hope to find some lovely yarn and make granddaughter a scarf for graduation.  Could not believe how much the price of better yarn has increased ~ somewhere in the 25 to 30 dollar a skein.   Perhaps imported or COVID??  Not sure   

A sunny day.  Finn and I took our morning walk.  His friend, Sydney, appeared from his condo with a stuffed woobie in his mouth.  Before you could say Jack Sprat, Finn took the woobie and put it in his mouth.  He wouldn't let it go until we came home and he had a treat!   Guess he wants a woobie....not worth the price...he tears them apart in minutes.

Not much planned this week-end.  May take a drive up to Vermilion.  There's a fun market with specialty fish, etc. on the Lake.

Take care.  ((hugs))  Susan

Susan1206

Jan-23

Hi Ernie ~

Yikes, colder where you are than here.  I did wear my long down coat on our walk this a.m.  No wind apparent, so that makes it seem less cold.

You'll have to read in Kitty's post how Finn kidnapped a woobie stuffed animal this morning!  Good thing that Sydney is a compliant black labrador.   He just walked away after Finn confiscated it.  Ah, the life of dogs.

Not much new here.  Jim is tearing up the transition pieces on our wooden plank floor.  This project started in March and is still not completed.  What can I say.  We need to get the shoe molding up (previously had carpet and no molding)  Will buy the painted white to make it easier.   

Enjoy the week-end.  Long days/nights without you spouse.  Sorry.

Cocoa60

Jan-24

Morning Kitty.  Getting colder 11 degrees here this morn.  Probably no

walk for Brandy and I today.  Means I have to go on the elliptical for two 1.5

hour sessions.  I'm discouraged after visit with doctor but try to keep on until

figure out the future. 

Probably get groceries this morn, pretty soon before the crowds move in.

Have a good day.

Ernie

Cocoa60

Jan-24

Morning Susan.  Glad Finn's world is bright.  Brandy and I not doing much in

this cold streak, tomorrow back up around 30 in the afternoon. 

Good Jim has some indoor work to do.  I've been trying to figure out our

refrigerator.  Last Summer it started warming up and found a bad relay on

the control board.  Now I'm getting water coming down into the bottom of

the freezer.  It's gathering up humidity from the refrigerator part or from the

air in the room, not sure.  It's not that old that I should be replacing it.  Might

have to.

Have a good day.

Ernie

Susan1206

Jan-24

Hi Ernie,

Brrrr it’s very cold here in Avon Lake.  We are loving the new birch log electric fireplace. Best money I’ve spent in a long time!!

jim worked all day on getting the transition strip in place. We ordered it at Menards, the same color and type of our floor.  Necessary because of the difference in heights in the room.  Ps. Being a good wife in a stressful situation, I backed off and let HIM figure it all out! Sometimes that’s a good thing!

Have a good Sunday. It’s a day of rest!

Susan1206

Jan-24

Hi Miss Kitty ~
brrr. Very cold up here by the Lake. No snow predicted and that’s okay with me!!

We thought about the Art Museum, but nothing is open.  May take a drive up the Lake Road to Vermilion. Scallops for dinner tonight.  How about you?

hugs. Susan

Kittyarnold

Jan-24

it was 14 when I got up...now it is up to 20,,,,but the sun doth shine.....plans for the day?  none....I already dusted the whole house....and now Brian is vacumming...I haven't done that in a long time the vac I mean....can't dust bottom shelves yet either....so have stripped the bed and Brian made it and washed the sheets.....I'm done....having leftover chili for dinner...and the only thing between now and then is lunch and a nap...LOL 

Kittyarnold

Jan-24

I hope your day goes well....you work so hard I am impressed...