About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

SENSATIONAL SENIORS   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 8/23/15 by ModDee; 1485095 views.
Kittyarnold

Feb-2

Good morning Ernie....it seems to have stopped snowing here...,but may have flurries off and on all day....we have about 18 " as of now....we didn't have the wind that was predicted...I'm glad....no agenda for today stay home and stay warm....

Susan1206

Feb-2

Hi Ernie and Kitty ~

Only about 3" of snow here but very very cold and MORE cold coming.  A good day to stay in.  Curbside pickup of bamboo knitting needle soon at Michael's and home to knit..

The snow is blinding.  Sunglasses are in order.  Have a great day, everyone.  Susan

Kittyarnold

Feb-2

it has been snowing very hard here for the last couple of hours....

Kittyarnold

Feb-2

snow flurries now....still....

Cocoa60

Feb-3

Good Morning Kitty.  Went to one of my daughter's yesterday.  Took care of her garbage and

shoveled the drive with her sons.  I set up the indoor outdoor thermometer and whatever you

call humidity measurement.  We got it for her for Christmas.

Early in the morning I cleared the drive here and took wife's car in for inspection and last free

maintenance.  I ended up spending $40 on a cabin filter, will replace it myself from now on.

Have a nice day.

Ernie

Cocoa60

Feb-3

Good morning Susan.  Brandy has had a bad stomach 3 out of the last 7 days.  Not sure

what is going on.  Could be her food.  Don't know what I would switch to.  Was some trouble finding

this kind after Foster & Smith was bought out.

I've been out doing things.  Wife is stuck up north for at least another 10 days so I might

go visit again.

Have a nice day.

Ernie

Kittyarnold

Feb-3

woke up to a cloudy day and now it is snowing like He$$ know we were supposed to get more on Sun. but didn't know it would be like this again....Brian just went out to pick up a few essentials...25 degrees....another day with not much of an agenda   better put exercise on the list....have a good and safe day Ernie...

Susan1206

Feb-3

Sorry to hear that you wife is delayed again.  At the mercy of Doctors and facilities.  Daughter received her second vaccination yesterday and is quite ill in bed.  Said she is experiencing total body aches...  Something for us to look forward to.

Carry on...as they say...

Sorry to hear about Brandy too.  Have you tried the drained hamburger and rice diet?

Susan

Susan1206

Feb-3

Dear Kitty ~

One day drones into the other and then another and another....

Looking forward to no snow and ice.  Very cold here.  Shoveled a bit of snow off the patio and no I should NOT be out on the icy patio.  Girls would have a fit if they knew!!

Carry on

Susan

Cocoa60

Feb-4

Good morning Kitty.  I'm not getting enough exercise right now.  Brandy can't be on the

road or shoulders much right now.  To much salt and other chemicals they mix in.  I usually

shovel and put in 1.5 hours on the elliptical and other exercises.  I measure my Glucose and

I see that it's not enough calories burned. 

I will probably go pick up the prescriptions I ordered today.  The one got out of sequence some

how, so to soon to order this time.  Dr will have a fit if he sees it didn't get ordered.  It's Statins

for LDL Cholesterol.  He wants me to take 2 or 3 times what I have now.  I hesitate to take what

I have now, have heard how damaging Statins are.  Was reading just lately the medical community

recommends they be stopped at age 75 because they cause dizzy spells and memory loss.

Glad you and Brian are doing well.  I was trying to exercise more but not fun if it isn't out walking

with Brandy.

Have a good day.

Ernie