About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

SENSATIONAL SENIORS   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 8/23/15 by ModDee; 1485260 views.
Cocoa60

Feb-4

Good morning Kitty.  I'm not getting enough exercise right now.  Brandy can't be on the

road or shoulders much right now.  To much salt and other chemicals they mix in.  I usually

shovel and put in 1.5 hours on the elliptical and other exercises.  I measure my Glucose and

I see that it's not enough calories burned. 

I will probably go pick up the prescriptions I ordered today.  The one got out of sequence some

how, so to soon to order this time.  Dr will have a fit if he sees it didn't get ordered.  It's Statins

for LDL Cholesterol.  He wants me to take 2 or 3 times what I have now.  I hesitate to take what

I have now, have heard how damaging Statins are.  Was reading just lately the medical community

recommends they be stopped at age 75 because they cause dizzy spells and memory loss.

Glad you and Brian are doing well.  I was trying to exercise more but not fun if it isn't out walking

with Brandy.

Have a good day.

Ernie

Cocoa60

Feb-4

Good morning Susan.  Hadn't tried any alternative food for Brandy yet. 

I added our lit up glittery pickup truck to the Valentine window decoration.

I kept the little push button sample light they have installed in the store from

the manufacturer.  I cut the pig tail wire off it and connected a cell phone

power pack to it.  So it can be plugged in to the programmed outlet.  That

way comes on at night and morning before daylight without me keeping AA

batteries in it and turning it on with the switch all the time.

Have a good day.

Ernie

Kittyarnold

Feb-4

a slow start today....the sun is shining brightly and that makes me feel good and happy  also in the high 30's    made homemade spaghetti sauce for supper...it is always more than two can eat...so I made up a recipe that I call spaghetti pie...put sauce on all left over pasta....then layer it in a deep pie plate..like lasagna...if I don't have ricotte....cheese I use cottage cheese instead...layer of pasta...meatballs....cheese and moz then do it again....tasty...and can be made and frozen for another day....as can the sauce too...

Cocoa60

Feb-5

Good morning Kitty.  Sounds like a great pie.  We did have a spaghetti

dinner with the grands every week for years but everyone decided they

wanted to switch over to pizza.  Maybe so my wife could retire from the

task, I'm not sure.

We enjoyed the sun here also.  Only a few bits of the driveway melted.

Hope quite a bit more melts today. 

They changed to a different Glucose meter and test strips without telling me

so I have to call and make sure everything is in today and go back over there

again.  At least my Dr office is in the same building as my pharmacy so I could

go upstairs and have the receptionist order the new prescription and send it to

the Dr for approval.

Have a good day.

Ernie

Kittyarnold

Feb-5

sounds pretty confusing to get all together for you diabetes control....used to be simpler  I think   but of course they have made great strides in medicine....so that part is good....no sunshine today  may get snow flurries again but hopefully no accumulation....high 20's at the moment...I don't really have an agenda again today....Brian is going down to the first floor to finish painting down there and install some storage shelves...looking good...take care of yourself....

Susan1206

Feb-5

Hi Kitty ~

Always have a problem signing on.......not sure why....probably just me!

Cold here today.  I can feel the cold on the hardwood floors despite socks and shoes.

I have a hair appointment at 3:45 p.m.  My gal has had COVID so I am not that anxious to go in.......

Not much planned for the week-end.  Jim wants to tear up the flooring that he feels has a gap or two in....I personally would let it go......

Enjoy the week-end.  Susan

Susan1206

Feb-5

Hi Ernie,

Gale Force warning here....Guess I should drive down by the Lake to see the ice jams and perhaps a crazy person or two who decides to wind surf on the open water.....  Yes, always a few down at Edgewater Park.

Cold here....cold floor.

Happy Super Bowl week-ends.  Will watch the game only for something to do....and maybe the ads but I understand the companies are donating money to first responders rather than lavish advertisement.  Good idea.  Oldest daughter and crew flew to Florida this morning at 6:30 a.m.  Son-in-law has a business with an office in Florida and they go there maybe five or six times a year.  Always take the kids so I can't fault that....  Oh to be young and have money to do that... 

Susan

Cocoa60

Feb-6

Good morning Kitty.  It's much more of a pain for the people that don't keep

their Diabetes under control.  By the time they figure out they can't go back to

the way things were it's to late, their body is damaged and there's no going back.

Brandy played with Silva again yesterday while I scraped the melted stuff off the

driveway before it freezes into ice.

My wife is still having problems with her father but is managing.  Her mom's appt

rescheduled for next Friday.  Think she still hopes to come home after that appt.

Probably walk Brandy through the woods again today.

Have a good day.

Ernie

Cocoa60

Feb-6

Morning Susan.  Yesterday was in the lower 40s here, spent some time outside

scraping driveway.  We have a river through our area, no lakes or anything. 

We never made it to Florida while the kids were young.  I haven't been there

since 1966 or so when one of my brothers lived there briefly.  Most of our family

vacations with our kids were in Ocean City, Md. or that area.  We did make it

to Myrtle Beach once but after the kids were adults.

Have a good day.

Ernie

Kittyarnold

Feb-6

I have tested borderline for awhile...so far so good....sun is shining until tomorrow another big snow...we might be on the fringe again but it is okay for us....going to get out today to our daughters house...she has my grandmothers rocker which is mine...it will come here and live with us...wooden platform rocker which she rocked my in when I was 4....long long ago...