About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

SENSATIONAL SENIORS   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 8/23/15 by ModDee; 1485245 views.
Kittyarnold

Feb-5

sounds pretty confusing to get all together for you diabetes control....used to be simpler  I think   but of course they have made great strides in medicine....so that part is good....no sunshine today  may get snow flurries again but hopefully no accumulation....high 20's at the moment...I don't really have an agenda again today....Brian is going down to the first floor to finish painting down there and install some storage shelves...looking good...take care of yourself....

Susan1206

Feb-5

Hi Kitty ~

Always have a problem signing on.......not sure why....probably just me!

Cold here today.  I can feel the cold on the hardwood floors despite socks and shoes.

I have a hair appointment at 3:45 p.m.  My gal has had COVID so I am not that anxious to go in.......

Not much planned for the week-end.  Jim wants to tear up the flooring that he feels has a gap or two in....I personally would let it go......

Enjoy the week-end.  Susan

Susan1206

Feb-5

Hi Ernie,

Gale Force warning here....Guess I should drive down by the Lake to see the ice jams and perhaps a crazy person or two who decides to wind surf on the open water.....  Yes, always a few down at Edgewater Park.

Cold here....cold floor.

Happy Super Bowl week-ends.  Will watch the game only for something to do....and maybe the ads but I understand the companies are donating money to first responders rather than lavish advertisement.  Good idea.  Oldest daughter and crew flew to Florida this morning at 6:30 a.m.  Son-in-law has a business with an office in Florida and they go there maybe five or six times a year.  Always take the kids so I can't fault that....  Oh to be young and have money to do that... 

Susan

Cocoa60

Feb-6

Good morning Kitty.  It's much more of a pain for the people that don't keep

their Diabetes under control.  By the time they figure out they can't go back to

the way things were it's to late, their body is damaged and there's no going back.

Brandy played with Silva again yesterday while I scraped the melted stuff off the

driveway before it freezes into ice.

My wife is still having problems with her father but is managing.  Her mom's appt

rescheduled for next Friday.  Think she still hopes to come home after that appt.

Probably walk Brandy through the woods again today.

Have a good day.

Ernie

Cocoa60

Feb-6

Morning Susan.  Yesterday was in the lower 40s here, spent some time outside

scraping driveway.  We have a river through our area, no lakes or anything. 

We never made it to Florida while the kids were young.  I haven't been there

since 1966 or so when one of my brothers lived there briefly.  Most of our family

vacations with our kids were in Ocean City, Md. or that area.  We did make it

to Myrtle Beach once but after the kids were adults.

Have a good day.

Ernie

Kittyarnold

Feb-6

I have tested borderline for awhile...so far so good....sun is shining until tomorrow another big snow...we might be on the fringe again but it is okay for us....going to get out today to our daughters house...she has my grandmothers rocker which is mine...it will come here and live with us...wooden platform rocker which she rocked my in when I was 4....long long ago...

Cocoa60

Feb-7

Morning Kitty.  We have snow 4 out of the next seven days.  Took some effort to clean up the

driveway, Spring is coming close.  I am happy for you to be getting your rocker, I just barely

knew one grandparent and don't remember any conversation with her.  I was the youngest

in the family.  I do have that Bakelite phone from when I was 3 but I didn't use it for many

years after.

Gotta go get groceries this morning, short time from now.  Besides exercise and getting Brandy

out for a walk in the woods, about my only plan.

I've seen diabetics that put off treatment for a long time when first diagnosed and some that get

tired of it and stop treating it.

Hope you're enjoying Grandma's rocker.

Ernie

Kittyarnold

Feb-7

My grandparents and parents married young maternal grands were 15 and 21....today I'm sure my grandfather would be arrested....but they married and lived together to the end.....other side never met my fathers Dad...he was a coal miner and died when he was 40  otherwise had a close relationship with my maternal side....if fact lived with them one summer during the war.....Dad was in Germany and Mom worked in factories that made airplane seats for the planes....      today it is cloudy......temp is 26   expecting a few inches of snow....we will see.....

Cocoa60

Feb-9

Good morning Kitty.  I went north to visit my wife for a day.  Was great to see her.  She's

anxious to come back home.  We all played a board game they have set up on the dining

room table.  Brandy always enjoys seeing her sister.

My wife was 16 and I 19 when we got married,  She was more mature than I was.

Have a good day.

Ernie

Kittyarnold

Feb-9

I'm glad you finally got to see your wife....I was two day shy of turning 20 when I married my first husband and had all 5 kids within 8 years.....very busy but loved it....and todays weather is snowing like he$$again.....it is 19 degrees getting bored  expecting 3-6 ".....and no agenda