About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

SENSATIONAL SENIORS   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 8/23/15 by ModDee; 1492959 views.
Kittyarnold

Mar-2

we woke up to bright sunshine and 14 degrees...and strong winds all night...we were lucky and did not lose our power    again last night I went over all the pluses in my life for not smoking anymore....If I could visit the kids they would probably all send me outside....that was never enjoyable....cause you puffed fast to get back in the house and then you "stink"  I never realized that until after quitting when I could smell others...happy day

Cocoa60

Mar-3

Good morning Kitty.  It was a sunny day here also.  Daughter and grandkids

came over to visit and play a board game.

I don't know many smokers anymore.  The guy that moved in next door with

the dog Brandy plays with sometimes.  His brother or a friend is a doctor and

told him there's no use quitting in his 60s, of course there is.  His mind is addicted

so it grabs onto that false information.  There's been 6 families move into that house

since we've been here.  That's the way with many of the homes around here.

Have a good day.

Ernie

Kittyarnold

Mar-3

a Dr. said that?? how foolish...I am grateful that I quit and know that I extended my life span...the coughing etc..was getting pretty bad....and I didn't quit until just before my 70th birthday...and that was nearly 14 yrs ago...and I am still in pretty good shape for an old lady

Cocoa60

Mar-4

Good morning Kitty.  Was in the 40s yesterday but 20s today.  Brandy and

I headed back out on the road yesterday for 7 miles.  Kind on stiff after, we're

not used to it now, but will be soon.

Didn't get much done, waiting for parts for everything.  I see where the water

is going around us from the excavating we did last Summer, from the snow melt.

Hope your day goes well.

Ernie

Kittyarnold

Mar-4

already finished my agenda for the day....dusted the whole house and Brian is doing the vacumming......the sun is partly out here but isn't supposed to be...I'll take it....called a friend in Sanibel to wish her a Happy Birthday...that is about it for me....

Susan1206

Mar-4

Dear Ernie ~

Just playing catch up, I'm afraid. Seven miles ?.  Finn and I would surely be dead by the side of the road.  I believe the Vetprofen is helping him.  I take him tomorrow for blood work and weight check.  Let's say a prayer that he is losing a bit of weight. It's essential that I get this weight off for his back knees.

Onward we go.  Spring is springing but not fast enough.  Snow has melted.  Poop patrol was a disaster.  Let's not go down that road.

Hugs, Susan

Susan1206

Mar-4

Dear Miss Kitty,

The new couch arrived and I think I will have to learn to love it.   Very hard to pick out fabric.  It's a bit darker than I had imagined but a very classic style and it looks nice with our wooden floors.  At any rate, I will learn to love it because I doubt you can return a custom piece.  I told Jim that the last leather one lasted twenty plus years and with the recliner, I sold it for $350.00.   This one surely will last as long!

Carry on.  Spring is coming.  Not soon enough for me.  Finn has a vet appointment tomorrow.  Always a chore getting him in the car.  Would love to buy a little Cooper but will not do so until I turn 80!

Hugs, Susan

Cocoa60

Mar-5

Good morning Kitty.  A cold finish to this week but supposed to be in the 50s next week.

I might go south to see how much help my brother needs today.  They lifted the travel ban

a few days ago.  I'm certain the mess is worse than I imagine.  I'm the youngest in my family

and I can still get around and work well.  I hope to buy the old farm house and fix it later.

It will have to have a good part of the floor replaced.  Then I need to put supports under it

and put a new basement in.  After that start on the inside of the house.  Might be just a pipe

dream.  I think if anyone else gets it they will demolish the house and put a new one in.

Enjoy your day.

Ernie

Cocoa60

Mar-5

Good morning Susan.  Brandy is just a year behind Finn, I think,  She is in her

8th year.  It makes me so sad their lives go by so quick.  We will get back up

to 8 miles soon but I'm still walking in Army boots in case I have to go through

deep snow.  We still have a foot or more some places and snow banks will be

here even through the 50s next week.  I try to put happiness in Brandy's life.

She burns up 7 days or more to my one.

I just had to go over to another window to save a song I hear on Youtube sometimes.

It's "Sweet Baby Jane" by James Taylor.  Can you tell I'm a Bob Dylan fan?

I carry a 2 meter ham radio with me to monitor a ham frequency and listen to music

at the same time.  Also carry a cell phone.  Two different transceivers.  I never could

have imagined a world where everyone would carry a wireless phone  back in the 80s

when mostly just hams carried a short range radio that had to hit repeaters almost by

line of sight.

You must be happy with your new furniture.  Enjoy the day.

Ernie

Kittyarnold

Mar-5

I am waiting for the warmth of next week,....nothing to talk about....just made a dental appt...first in over a year...but having had the shots will feel safe..also need an eye appt....have a good one....