About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

SENSATIONAL SENIORS   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 8/23/15 by ModDee; 1486681 views.
Kittyarnold

Mar-4

already finished my agenda for the day....dusted the whole house and Brian is doing the vacumming......the sun is partly out here but isn't supposed to be...I'll take it....called a friend in Sanibel to wish her a Happy Birthday...that is about it for me....

Susan1206

Mar-4

Dear Ernie ~

Just playing catch up, I'm afraid. Seven miles ?.  Finn and I would surely be dead by the side of the road.  I believe the Vetprofen is helping him.  I take him tomorrow for blood work and weight check.  Let's say a prayer that he is losing a bit of weight. It's essential that I get this weight off for his back knees.

Onward we go.  Spring is springing but not fast enough.  Snow has melted.  Poop patrol was a disaster.  Let's not go down that road.

Hugs, Susan

Susan1206

Mar-4

Dear Miss Kitty,

The new couch arrived and I think I will have to learn to love it.   Very hard to pick out fabric.  It's a bit darker than I had imagined but a very classic style and it looks nice with our wooden floors.  At any rate, I will learn to love it because I doubt you can return a custom piece.  I told Jim that the last leather one lasted twenty plus years and with the recliner, I sold it for $350.00.   This one surely will last as long!

Carry on.  Spring is coming.  Not soon enough for me.  Finn has a vet appointment tomorrow.  Always a chore getting him in the car.  Would love to buy a little Cooper but will not do so until I turn 80!

Hugs, Susan

Cocoa60

Mar-5

Good morning Kitty.  A cold finish to this week but supposed to be in the 50s next week.

I might go south to see how much help my brother needs today.  They lifted the travel ban

a few days ago.  I'm certain the mess is worse than I imagine.  I'm the youngest in my family

and I can still get around and work well.  I hope to buy the old farm house and fix it later.

It will have to have a good part of the floor replaced.  Then I need to put supports under it

and put a new basement in.  After that start on the inside of the house.  Might be just a pipe

dream.  I think if anyone else gets it they will demolish the house and put a new one in.

Enjoy your day.

Ernie

Cocoa60

Mar-5

Good morning Susan.  Brandy is just a year behind Finn, I think,  She is in her

8th year.  It makes me so sad their lives go by so quick.  We will get back up

to 8 miles soon but I'm still walking in Army boots in case I have to go through

deep snow.  We still have a foot or more some places and snow banks will be

here even through the 50s next week.  I try to put happiness in Brandy's life.

She burns up 7 days or more to my one.

I just had to go over to another window to save a song I hear on Youtube sometimes.

It's "Sweet Baby Jane" by James Taylor.  Can you tell I'm a Bob Dylan fan?

I carry a 2 meter ham radio with me to monitor a ham frequency and listen to music

at the same time.  Also carry a cell phone.  Two different transceivers.  I never could

have imagined a world where everyone would carry a wireless phone  back in the 80s

when mostly just hams carried a short range radio that had to hit repeaters almost by

line of sight.

You must be happy with your new furniture.  Enjoy the day.

Ernie

Kittyarnold

Mar-5

I am waiting for the warmth of next week,....nothing to talk about....just made a dental appt...first in over a year...but having had the shots will feel safe..also need an eye appt....have a good one....

Cocoa60

Mar-6

Good morning Kitty.  You're right, it's a cold week and everyone looks forward to next week.

Even my sister in law who's dying with lung cancer, is talking about the warm days.  I went down

south to help them yesterday.  I have a back ache from heavy lifting, I think.  My brother's

Diabetes continues to get worse.  Soon will need ramps for a wheel chair and build the driveway

into a wrap around that comes to the house door.

I go to the dentist for cleaning once a year.

Do you plant flowers in the Spring?  I think I'm going to put a tractor tire where my mom had one

on the farm and plant flowers in it.  Painted white.  My brother didn't remember it but showed him

a picture in April 1963 that showed it in the background.  The flower garden was still there in the

70s.  My wife remembers it.

Have a good day.

Ernie

Kittyarnold

Mar-6

we just got back from Home Depot and another store...bought a gazzilion packs of seeds and some plants...Brian got his red raspberries and asparagus  he has ordered seeds and is working on a greenhouse....he is the gardener  I only do flowers...so bought heavenly blue morning glories....a regular for CT...didn't work on Sanibel...too hot......Brian starts a lot of plants inside so when the danger of frost is gone they are bigger....

Cocoa60

Mar-7

Good morning Kitty.  Another cold day then a little warmer.  Seeds sound

great and flowers.  I don't plat either usually but help my daughter some.

She also sometimes plants veggies early indoors.  Not 6 AM yet and getting

light out.  I probably will plant flowers in the tractor tire where my mom had

it back in the 60s and 70s, maybe in the 50s, not sure.

Heard my brother talking on the ham radio last eve.  I set it up for him Friday.

I got the power supply working yesterday but I have to fix the regulator for

the front panel meter lights now.  For the radio I built in 79.  I have other newer

radios, just want this one from the past working.

Have a great day.

Ernie

Kittyarnold

Mar-7

another bright and sunny day....but it was 24...now up to 31...have planned dinner changed sheets, and sorted thru pillow slips...we have too many since we no longer have 2 bedrooms....will have to pass them on....dinner is planned and Brian is making some shelving in the laundry closet...will be handy...otherwise a quiet day...hope yours is good....