About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

SENSATIONAL SENIORS   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 8/23/15 by ModDee; 1604001 views.
Kittyarnold

3/20/21

Clear sunny and 27...I was expecting warmer temps this morning...but it is coming soon....agenda?  I haven't figured one out yet....I think I am going stir crazy....but laughing at the same time....glad you got to take your walk

Susan1206

3/20/21

Hi Ernie ~

It was a absolute dreadful night.  The kind of night that when your kids are both little and have the flu at the same time.

I sat with him through the afternoon and evening to make sure he would not lick the incision or attack the staples.  

At one point I left the room and he licked the small pad off.  So, the cone went on.   And with the cone came whining, low howling, barking and crying.  It went on all night.  The only time he settled was when I laid next to him on the floor.  Constant, all night.     We got him up via the harness this a.m.  He walked out to the common grounds by himself and did what was necessary.   I took the cone off and have been beside him each minute.  I spoke to the Vet and she is going to give him a medication to help him sleep so perhaps (with the cone tonight) there will not be the problem.

Thought, he would come home and be able to bound up ....that's not the case.  On we go.  Week 1 and Week 2.

Hugs, Susan

Cocoa60

3/21/21

Good morning Kitty.  Even warmer today and tonight not as cool.  Brandy

and I walking every day. 

We had our pizza night for this past week, probably have spaghetti this

coming week.  We had lots of fun playing a board game.

Didn't get much done.  Have to get used to exercising 4-5 hours a day

again, and then getting stuff done.

We still have snow melting here and there.

Enjoy your day.

Ernie

Cocoa60

3/21/21

Good morning Susan.  Doesn't sound like fun for either of you.  Hope Finn

heals quickly.  Hope you both got some sleep tonight.  I'm glad the surgery

went well so there's a reward for all of this.

Have a good day.

Ernie

Kittyarnold

3/21/21

we are up to 62 degrees and it looks and feels so nice....was able to go out and watch Brian rake up some of the gardens and move rocks and plant grass seed...I expect the neighbors will be happy to see the improvements that are being made here../.it was kind of the neighborhood bad spot.....now it is looking pretty good...so much more to be done   Lots of flowers (I hope) and a veggie garden too..I just wish I could do more and help...

Cocoa60

3/22/21

Good morning Kitty.  Warming up.  Your yard work sounds good.  Waiting

for the grass to grow here, is probably going on now, just doesn't show up

that much yet.

Took down the St Patrick display from the window, putting up Easter now.

Little floor heater I use in the basement quit.  Bypassed the thermostat so the

fan is on all the time now.  It was on almost all the time anyway. 

Have a good day.

Ernie

Kittyarnold

3/22/21

your house must look nice with the different house wreaths....our main door is in the back not on the roadway so nobody would see it....and we wouldn't either....hope your day is wonderful.....I am not sure what I am doing as of yet.....

Cocoa60

3/23/21

Good morning Kitty.  Was a beautiful walk with Brandy yesterday.  I didn't do

much besides my exercise and walk.  We did expand our walk out to 10 miles.

My Glucose was below 100 even though I've left behind the two strong meds

I had.  Still taking the weak one.  It's taken me much longer than I had planned.

My wife does most of the decorating.  I try to help with some including the lighting

and setting up the timer for evening to 11 PM, then 6 to 7 AM for the poor people

that are rushing off to work.  We have an Easter wreath but it's hung on a door because

it's only decorated on one side.  We have egg lights in the window along with bunnies.

Enjoy your day.

Ernie

Kittyarnold

3/23/21

another beautiful day....will be going outside shortly to keep Brian company....other then that nothing big..

Cocoa60

3/24/21

Morning Kitty.  Was a nice day, Brandy and I went 10 miles again.

Rainy today.  Helped daughter with garbage.  Coming over for

spaghetti tonight.  Granddaughter will make it tonight.  Didn't

make it last Saturday.

Might ride my bike down into PA to help relatives tomorrow, not

sure yet.

Glad you and Brian are enjoying nice weather.

Ernie