About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

SENSATIONAL SENIORS   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 8/23/15 by ModDee; 1599890 views.
Cocoa60

Jun-6

Good morning Kitty.  Having to get up early to get our walks in before the heat.

Glad you had a good time.  We finally all got together for pizza last night.  Has

been weeks since we were able to do it on a night my granddaughter wasn't

working.  Missed her.  I have a nephew in NC but I haven't seen him in decades.

Picked up my prescriptions and made sure our replacement screen was ordered.

Has come in damaged, or wrong size, or never ordered for two years.  Back when

we replaced all of our house windows and put the bay window in.  I love the bay

it's the highlight of that room now.  We bought this house quickly after the tornado

destroyed our mobile home back in 83.  So it's very basic.  Had to install our own

ceiling fan, phone jacks, etc. 

Daughter and I still making plans to build the horse farm in PA someday.  I showed

her the video of the horse farm between her house and ours.  The horse lady on our

walking route finally got to go back to her horse show for the first time in a year and

a half because of the virus.  It's about all she has.  Those two horses and her 3 border

collies.  She usually goes every weekend from Spring until Fall.

My brother called me last night so have to call him back this morning to make sure it's

not an emergency.  I have to go to bed at 8  to get up at 3, for our cool walks.

I got the spot welder with two pullers to pull the dents out on the SS.  It's assembled

and waiting for me.  Also got a used replacement widow that got shattered in the blizzard.

Saw on my last ride I have a cracked taillight lens I need to replace.  Most likely from the

tent collapse. 

Other than Brandy having cancer we're having good days.  Have to go to Ithaca, NY early Monday

morning for her to get an intravenous pain management treatment. 

Have a good day.

Ernie

Kittyarnold

Jun-6

it sounds like you always fill your days....I used to...now I sit more....already went food shopping and going to daughters for wine later to visit more with the grandson and his darling wife...he is 6'5"  and she is under 5 ft....cute couple...another sunny day that might get up in the low 90's  too hot but I can stay in AC have another wonderful day...

Cocoa60

Jun-7

Good morning Kitty.  Fairly hot here.  Haven't selected a day to go south to work on farm yet.

Actually didn't do much yesterday after exercise.  Was 3 years since we lost my daughter's

German Shepherd and taking Brandy to the hospital this morn for her intravenous pain meds.

I have 16 x 20 photos of our canine friends I bring out to the living room during the time they

were born or when we lost them.  Many we don't know their birth date. 

Grandkids have been in the pool twice already.  It's only up to 74 degrees, the minimum I will

usually get in so I haven't yet.  Glad the kids enjoy it.  Lot of work to maintain it. 

Got the little spot welder to pull dents on vehicles.  Hardly any instructions, will have to see what

I can find online.  Does small weak welds so doesn't destroy the finish on the inside of the metal

and cause it to rust from the inside.

Have a good day.

Ernie

Kittyarnold

Jun-7

today was my last day for PT...good and not so good....moving better,,...Medicare only covers 20 visits a year...and I decided I should save some in case it gets bad again...and it is 89 degrees  here,...hot....but clear and sunny....staying in the AC... 74 used to be the coldest that I would get in the pool....but as I aged it had to be warmer...LOL....we used to put the solar cover on and let it get up to 78 then I would go in...,.,.now we have no access to a pool...our granddaughter has an above ground one that we could go in but haven't   hope your day has been a good one for you and Brandy...

Cocoa60

Jun-8

Good morning Kitty.  68 degrees here long before daylight.  Dr was very happy with

Brandy, she's active, spirited, and putting full weight on the leg with the tumor.  But

she did get the intrusion meds. 

Worked outside yesterday for a while so I did finally get in the pool for a few minutes.

We have someone dinged both our cars.  7 or 8 little dents together.  Suspect a neighbor.

Have to put up some cameras with alarms for movement. 

Will get Brandy's walk in soon but have rain coming shortly after so maybe no walk after

hers.  Probably go down to the farm Thursday.  We have a niece's college graduation party

Saturday.  Wife has a little brother born about 7 days after we started going steady back

at the end of 72.

I will probably try to stop at the farmers market quick Saturday morning to see if they have

the greenhouse sweet peas yet.  I buy lots every weekend until they stop growing them.  With

this heat they might not have them this year.  Very hot in greenhouses. 

Hope you have a good day and your back keeps improving.

Ernie

Kittyarnold

Jun-8

end of the day and I finally got here....grandson out in LA just called and visited ON the telephone for awhile...love that they in touch with the "old folks"....a lovely day in the neighborhood...hope your day was fantabulous....

Cocoa60

Jun-9

Good morning Kitty.  Another two warm mornings, 68 right now.  Brandy

will want to turn around soon on our walk, to warm in her fur coat.  Our

grandkids are all local and young.  The three is all we will probably ever

have.  Our other daughter had a stroke at age 24 and is afraid to have kids.

Glad you got to talk to yours.  I saw 2 of mine yesterday.  Got my exhaust

crimped on my daughter's steep driveway yesterday.  It rubbed on the tire

on the way home so I had to stop and strap it over on the way home.  The

tires are 15 years old and now a sidewall damaged so decided to get new

ones.  Dangerous to run them any longer.  Now just have to try to fix the

exhaust.  Guess use the Subaru when I go to daughters from now on.

Fabricated a small net for people to use on the pool, the only one I usually

have is about 20 feet long and cumbersome to try to use on the surface.

Hope you have a good day.

Ernie

Kittyarnold

Jun-10

I'm back....hope all is well....nothing new happening here...I just heard that there was a solar eclipse this morning....visible in NYC....don't know if it was visible around here or not.....not for me....altho I did get up earlier today....Brian is planning on digging my flower garden this morning....now I just have to buy some plants....I am getting anxious to have some cutting flowers...always kept at least one flower at the table...hope you day is wonderful

Cocoa60

Jun-11

Good morning Kitty.  Cooled down this morn, Brandy might enjoy walking better.

Glad you're getting a place to grow your flowers.  We have them mostly around

the pool.  Have some different ones in small patches around the property.

We don't see the sunrise that early because of the trees and mountains.  I

was out on the road anyway, need my welding helmet to watch it. 

Heading down to the PA farm today.  Saturday we will be heading north

for niece's college graduation party, probably come back Sunday.

Have a good day.

Ernie

Kittyarnold

Jun-11

beautiful morning...but now it is clouding up...nothing exciting going on here....one daughter on her way to Vermont to visit her sons.  Brian is out mowing our huge lawn...riding mower still takes 3 hours for that...then another hour for the push mowing....for me...nothing....