About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

SENSATIONAL SENIORS   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 8/23/15 by ModDee; 1609672 views.
Cocoa60

Jun-9

Good morning Kitty.  Another two warm mornings, 68 right now.  Brandy

will want to turn around soon on our walk, to warm in her fur coat.  Our

grandkids are all local and young.  The three is all we will probably ever

have.  Our other daughter had a stroke at age 24 and is afraid to have kids.

Glad you got to talk to yours.  I saw 2 of mine yesterday.  Got my exhaust

crimped on my daughter's steep driveway yesterday.  It rubbed on the tire

on the way home so I had to stop and strap it over on the way home.  The

tires are 15 years old and now a sidewall damaged so decided to get new

ones.  Dangerous to run them any longer.  Now just have to try to fix the

exhaust.  Guess use the Subaru when I go to daughters from now on.

Fabricated a small net for people to use on the pool, the only one I usually

have is about 20 feet long and cumbersome to try to use on the surface.

Hope you have a good day.

Ernie

Kittyarnold

Jun-10

I'm back....hope all is well....nothing new happening here...I just heard that there was a solar eclipse this morning....visible in NYC....don't know if it was visible around here or not.....not for me....altho I did get up earlier today....Brian is planning on digging my flower garden this morning....now I just have to buy some plants....I am getting anxious to have some cutting flowers...always kept at least one flower at the table...hope you day is wonderful

Cocoa60

Jun-11

Good morning Kitty.  Cooled down this morn, Brandy might enjoy walking better.

Glad you're getting a place to grow your flowers.  We have them mostly around

the pool.  Have some different ones in small patches around the property.

We don't see the sunrise that early because of the trees and mountains.  I

was out on the road anyway, need my welding helmet to watch it. 

Heading down to the PA farm today.  Saturday we will be heading north

for niece's college graduation party, probably come back Sunday.

Have a good day.

Ernie

Kittyarnold

Jun-11

beautiful morning...but now it is clouding up...nothing exciting going on here....one daughter on her way to Vermont to visit her sons.  Brian is out mowing our huge lawn...riding mower still takes 3 hours for that...then another hour for the push mowing....for me...nothing....

Cocoa60

Jun-12

Good morning Kitty.  Cloudy here this morn but 61 degrees, so not that cool.

Mowed grass here Thursday and the farm on Friday.  Cut some low hanging

branches on the farm. 

Got a late start yesterday.  Someone rented a car in my wife's name in NYC. 

She got a bill for tunnel tolls they didn't pay in April.  I printed her credit report

yesterday and they didn't open an account to charge it to, in her name.  So we

can't figure out what's going on.  Just took care of the cats and mowed the lawn,

then ate dinner with my brother.  I just eat a salad. 

Today is my niece's grad party up in Morrisville, NY so get Brandy's shorter

walk in.  I need to get to the farmers market before we leave, they have greenhouse

sweet peas in June. 

Have a good day Kitty.

Ernie

Kittyarnold

Jun-12

uneventful day here...weather? it was cloudy most of the day but now the sun is coming out...yea rah rah....temp?  only 66  pretty chilly for this time of year..but the sunshine is wonderful...having scallops for dinner tonight...one of my favorites...we went into town this morning the plan was to go to farmers market...didn't stop no place to park...hope the sun shines on your world and on ours tomorrow....

Kittyarnold

Jun-13

Good morning everyone...Susan? Ernie? where is everyone?  busy days and staying healthy today is warm but it is so foggy I can't see the hill out there...it is all just white...busy day today...company at 10 and then lunch at daughters house...maybe see the great grandson too....hope your day is wonderful...

Susan1206

Jun-14

Hi Ernie,

Just a quick note to my two Sensational Senior friends ~ time gets away from me.  I rise late and usually have coffee on the patio and wake up very slowly.  I am mindful of the years I woke at 5:30 and was in school by 6:45 a.m. ~ I guess I don't feel THAT guilty.

So, Brandy continues to enjoy her life which is good.  I've noticed that Finn has become more stubborn in his latter years.  He does what Finn wants to do.  We woke to his growl and bark at 3:00 a.m. as some type of critter must have come into our domain.  He rarely ever barks ~ so when you are in a dead sleep, it is a bit alarming.

Cooler today.  Strong storms over the Lake are pushing showers here.   Hugs,  susan

Susan1206

Jun-14

Hi Kitty,

Time gets away from me as I said to Ernie.  Slow to start each day.  9:00 a.m. rise and rarely get going until 10:30 a.m.  Finn a walk and I jut don't take the time to go to my computer.

A few showers here.  Purchased some additional perennials and would love to get them planted.  A gal kindly gave me Sweet Annie and I need to place it in a large pot.  Are you familiar with the fragrant seeds often brought in or made into arrangements?  I just love it.  Very difficult to purchase or find.

So, I've placed delphiniums and coneflowers and my herbs all together.  Some critter ate the dill off, so now it is recovering in a pot.  Love, love to go to my garden to snip fresh herbs.

Hope you are enjoying the summer.  ((hug))  Susan

Continue to recover.  Walking very good....no cane....on my own...just a bit slower than normal.  

Kittyarnold

Jun-14

you get started faster then I do...altho I might get up earlier I don't start moving around too fast.....tomorrow we are having a friend from Sanibel coming here for lunch and a visit...glad she is close enough to do that...plus she doesn't mind a longish drive...today did several errands here and there and now just waiting for time to eat dinner....glad to hear you are moving better...I might be but should probably move more....miss you guys...stay well...hugs  maybe you know the person that is coming?  Karen?....