About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

SENSATIONAL SENIORS   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 8/23/15 by ModDee; 1641550 views.
Cocoa60

Jun-26

Good morning Kitty.  I don't know which is worse, to get wounded or take part

in those messy battles.  I only heard my dad talk about it to a nurse after he had

cancer last 2 years of his life.  I guess they talked about it in earlier years because

my siblings know about the battles.  I did know wife's grandparents because she was

the oldest in her family but I was the youngest and only remember seeing my dad's

mother briefly while he removed a bee nest from her porch.

I exercised.  Then mowed banks and ditches with a hand mower yesterday.  Spent some

time with Brandy and wife.  Think I got the guy next door in trouble.  He hadn't mowed

the ditch on our border all year but saw his wife out there pointing out where he was to

mow.  smile  I also leveled the dirt around our well and pulled the long grass around the

well pipe.  Also have to pull weeds by the road where the bank is very steep. 

I was only couple months old when my parents moved to the farm in Jan. or Feb. of 55.

We had a Corning Glass plant down there in Wellsboro, PA.  My dad traveled up to Corning.NY

to work for a few months after Hurricane Agnus in 72.  The year wife and I met.

Have a good day.

Ernie

Kittyarnold

Jun-26

good morning....cloudy and warm....baby shower at noon....trying to find something to wear....lost weight and my "nice" clothes don't fit me....guess I have to go shopping....

Cocoa60

Jun-27

Good morning Kitty.  Nice to have new clothes.  I bought new clothes from Gander Mountain

and Sears when they closed down.  Also have some of dad's clothes because my brother is

to big for them and was going to throw them out. 

Worked on the Monte Carlo SS a little yesterday.  Supposed to be hot but dry today.  Monday

the humidity is supposed to ramp up so the heat index will be over 100.  Glad we have AC.

Have a good day.

Ernie

Susan1206

Jun-27

Hi Ernie,

Hot Sunday here.  A week-end of guests from Longboat Key, Fla and MI.  Entertained here for lunch on Friday and took them to dinner in the city on Saturday night.  Today, Mass on line and rest up.  Jim is resuming his duties at the assisted living today (communion and homily).  They are to wear masks AND shields.  I'm going to decline today.

Son in law sent us an article about two counties in California where the elderly had both Moderna vaccinations and yet died from the variant.  Bronwen's school has two employees who tested positive.  I have felt all along that its not over....

So, on that note of worry, I hope you have a wonderful day.  Finn has a hot spot on his leg.  Licking constantly and won't let it alone.  Guess the first step is to put on the "cone of shame" so he can't get to it.  Will have to call the Vet on Monday if it doesn't look better.  My oh my, how we worry about these fur family members.....

Susan

Susan1206

Jun-27

Hi Miss Kitty,

I'm rather behind the times.  Did Karen from the Forum visit you?  I thought I read that.....maybe I just imagined it.

So, you lost weight.  Hmmm.  I could only HOPE that I could do that.  Scale bounce about two pounds down and then right back up.  Try to eat very little (one meal a day).  Of course last night, we went to a fancy place with our out of town guests and I had Lobster Bolognese... Oh my with penne pasta...

Enjoy the day and your shower.  ((hugs))  Susan

Kittyarnold

Jun-27

that sounds so good...have to eat left overs and then I want lobsters...my favorite....and yes Karen cam for a visit last wk end and it was great to see someone that was a neighbor...not the Karen from our group...also went to a baby shower yesterday....great granddaughter is due in August...so it was great touching her tummy....fourth grand child....first girl....  as far as weight...I don't understand it either...except I know my appetite dropped...so that is fine....

Cocoa60

Jun-28

Good morning Susan and Kitty.  Supposed to get more humid here today.

I go to a diner with my brother when I go to PA and help on the farm but

it's about once a week so have to be very careful about what I eat.  It's so

often it will have an effect on my glucose.  Garden salad last time.  Supprised

my brother is able to get around with a broken rib along with his messed up

legs from diabetes.   After only one week.

Going to get new tires and one wheel mounted on the Monte Carlo SS today.

I didn't do well with the little spot weld gun to pull dents so will get an estimate

from the shop I'm going to today and one from my brother in law in a week or so.

Have four dents in the roof, two on the front fenders, and couple mars besides

that. 

Hope Finn's sore goes away.  Brandy keeps getting worse, so hate to play god and

decide when a kind gentle soul is to leave this earth but it's coming.

I have no doubt I would live through the virus easily but I go help sick people that are

much weaker.  I haven't been to church in over a year.  I read their emails and many of

them have gotten sick.  I don't go out to public places much except stores and have done

that all along. 

Have a good day.

Ernie

Kittyarnold

Jun-28

it is 88 degrees here right now and the humidity is 60  the sun is shining and Brian went out really early to work in gardens and was back in by 9...already too hot...really anxious to plant my cutting flowers...love flowers on the table all summer...and all winter I buy them at the store once in awhile....and now it is almost time for lunch and that seems about the only schedule that I have these days.....hope everyone has a wonderful day

Cocoa60

Jun-29

Good morning Kitty.  I was outside most of the afternoon getting my SS done,

not working though.  Got an estimate on the damage caused by the tent frame

collapse in December blizzard.  $1274.  There's other stuff needs done but doesn't

include that.

Granddaughter stopped by and went swimming with her boyfriend. 

Brandy much weaker than she was.  Doesn't want to go up the hill for walk in

the woods in the evening. 

Having flowers on the table often sounds nice.  Enjoy the day.

Ernie

Kittyarnold

Jun-29

had a follow up visit with my Doc.....changing my antidepressant and challenging me to Move more 

re...as in exercise....I was lucky to lose weight when we moved north without  exercise...grateful for that but now......a good dr...today it is 93 degrees here and I  will not go out and take a walk....LOL....would probably have heat stroke.....so exercise for body and and brain....another day....will start tomorrow...,