About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

SENSATIONAL SENIORS   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 8/23/15 by ModDee; 1644521 views.
Kittyarnold

Jun-28

it is 88 degrees here right now and the humidity is 60  the sun is shining and Brian went out really early to work in gardens and was back in by 9...already too hot...really anxious to plant my cutting flowers...love flowers on the table all summer...and all winter I buy them at the store once in awhile....and now it is almost time for lunch and that seems about the only schedule that I have these days.....hope everyone has a wonderful day

Cocoa60

Jun-29

Good morning Kitty.  I was outside most of the afternoon getting my SS done,

not working though.  Got an estimate on the damage caused by the tent frame

collapse in December blizzard.  $1274.  There's other stuff needs done but doesn't

include that.

Granddaughter stopped by and went swimming with her boyfriend. 

Brandy much weaker than she was.  Doesn't want to go up the hill for walk in

the woods in the evening. 

Having flowers on the table often sounds nice.  Enjoy the day.

Ernie

Kittyarnold

Jun-29

had a follow up visit with my Doc.....changing my antidepressant and challenging me to Move more 

re...as in exercise....I was lucky to lose weight when we moved north without  exercise...grateful for that but now......a good dr...today it is 93 degrees here and I  will not go out and take a walk....LOL....would probably have heat stroke.....so exercise for body and and brain....another day....will start tomorrow...,

Hi Susan,Kitty and Ernie

iI haven't been here in a long time. It sounds like everybody is hot and humid. 

The College World Series is going on here.  Hubby and I don't go anymore.  Very crowded and hard to park.  No new grandkids.  I think Ray is going to be one and only.  He is six in August and will be going to kindergarten.  How are all the kids, grandkids and great grandkids doing.  Just read Kitty has a new great grandkid.  Am I right?  Our Bella is still alive and kicking at 14, even though she can't really see or hear anymore.  She sleeps and rests most of the time.  Doesn't go for walks anymore.  It was great catching up on the posts even though too many to read.  Take care everyone

Carolyn

Cocoa60

Jun-30

Good morning Kitty.  Last day before the temperature drops.  We had some storms.

My Dr acted upset and told me I have to take more statins.  Not going to do that.

Everyone knows they are a bad med.  He knows I'm trying to get off dangerous meds.

My other doctors moved on to better jobs.  Maybe he's upset at my exercise and diet getting

me close to the day I can do without them.  I could use a counselor to help me get healthy

but he is all I could find.  I just have to keep trying and get my blood test reports. 

Glad you are getting better.

Used the push mower to do trim for couple hours yesterday morning, then I mowed part of

daughters lawn on rider and did the rest of mine on the rider.  Now the world is soaked from

the storms. 

Still thinking Thursday to go help on the farm.  Heard my brother on ham radio last night. 

Operator told him he should let the chickens go when he said he fell in the chicken coop again

but didn't get hurt this time.   We have a high chance of rain every day so might take the SS this

time instead of the bike. 

Have a good day Kitty, Thursday will be cooler and you will be able to get out.

Ernie

SS in front of dad's old barn.

• Edited June 30, 2021 4:41 am  by  Cocoa60
Cocoa60

Jun-30

Good morning Carolyn.  I just have 3 grands.  Kitty has many grands and great grands.  My oldest

is a granddaughter at 17.  She plans college and not having a family right away. 

Our pup is almost 9 but has a cancer tumor in her leg and we know it is spreading to the rest of

her body.  We don't have that much time left with her. 

Have a good day.

Ernie

Kittyarnold

Jun-30

Carolyn (pennylayne1) said:

and

great to see you here....and we have 8 grands and almost 4 greats....3 boys and a little girl due in Aug.....only two are close .....glad you are doing well....we are doing well and full time back in CT....come more often....

Cocoa60

Jul-1

Good morning Kitty.  Rainy this morn but still 69 at 4 AM.

Today is a farmer day anyway, we have rain in the forecast for a long time.

Didn't get much done yesterday, getting prescriptions and meds for Brandy.

Caught 2 chipmunks and relocated them but still at least 2 more out here.

Making nests in an old drainage ditch built in 89.  If my bird feeder is low on

seeds they get inside and have a hard time getting out.

Have a great day.

Ernie

Kittyarnold

Jul-1

a typical morning here partly cloudy and much lower temp   73*  but the humidity is 90  soupy..,..just did my exercises for my back....getting stronger   which is good.....almost 14 yrs for me on here since I quit smoking...will keep you posted on that one....

Cocoa60

Jul-2

Good morning Kitty.  Yes, our 14th year Kitty.  So sad that we lost some

along the way like Barb and John.  2010.

I did 1.5 hours of exercise here, then worked on the farm.  They had a lot of

trouble this week on the farm with one of my brother's wife's sons.  He called

state police and told them that my sister in law was waving a gun around.  So

sister in law had to go to the hospital to be evaluated and the police confiscated

their guns.  They have to get them back next week.  Sister in law was paying her

son around $180 to come down and open the chicken coop door or another simple

job like that so bank told my brother to close the account and he did.   Can tell the

week took a tole on my brother, he's weaker.

I got a lot of work done there but lawn was to wet to mow.

Glad you are getting exercise and feeling better.

Ernie