About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

SENSATIONAL SENIORS   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 8/23/15 by ModDee; 1642974 views.
Susan1206

Jul-22

Good morning, Miss Kitty ~

Haven't been on for a while.  Just sent a note to Ernie about his loved Brandy.  Makes me feel sad.

Cloudy and cool here by the Lake.   Jim's family is gathering in Avon Lake this week-end.  I'm in the throes of cleaning....

I suggested a cleaning lady.....he said he would help me.....

Must do a potato salad for a gathering on Friday night and a Costco visit for muffins, fresh fruit, etc. on Sunday morning.  In between, a Cleveland Indians game.

Summer is going by quickly.  We have a trip to the Finger Lakes planned for our anniversary, two days and three nights.  An anniversary 50th in Cary, North Carolina in August and Highland Ranch, CO to see my cousin in October.  Trying to book a flight to North Carolina as I just don't love an 11 hour drive down I-77.

Hope all is well.  It is here.  Finn healing from his hot spot.  Down to 90 lbs. on his new dog food.

((hugs))  Susan

SusanK1960

Jul-22

Hi Ernie,

I have noticed you haven’t been on here for a couple of days.  I am hoping it is due to busy-ness and not any additional badness. 

Cocoa60

Jul-24

Thanks Susan, we miss Brandy very much.  She had to much pain to control.

I just spent couple days on the farm and walked through the woods where

Brandy and I walked.

I've caught 5 chipmunks in out bird feeder and moved them to the road below

us on the mountain.  One drowned in the pool and there's still at least one left.

They take lots of seeds and they're building nests in the gravel in our drainage

ditch.

Good luck with your cleaning and your family get together. 

Have a good day.

Ernie

• Edited July 24, 2021 7:20 am  by  Cocoa60
Cocoa60

Jul-24

Good morning Kitty.  My brother was in the hospital for 6 days so my sister and I

took care of the property, animals, and his wife.  I tried to finish mowing that field

but the tractor broke with about an hours mowing left.  We're thinking a smaller

tractor might be able to complete it.

Think we have the one automatic sump pump working correctly and another that

can be turned on manually.  Getting heavier rain than we have in many years.  At

least we didn't get 8 inches in 20 minutes like they did in Germany, killing many.

Hope you and Brian are doing well.

Ernie

Kittyarnold

Jul-24

I can't stop coming on to see what is happening....too many years to end....so I won't .....we are okay and have had a lovely sunny day here...not for the next few days tho....you sent the rain to us....LOL

Cocoa60

Jul-25

Morning Kitty.  Little rain here this morning.  One eye started hurting yesterday

and still hurting today.  Don't remember an injury. 

We have our daughter;s two boys for a couple days.  Have a small electronics kit

I'm teaching the youngest one to put together.  Identify parts mount them on a

circuit board and solder them in. 

Have at least one chipmunk left to transplant down the road.

Have a good day.

Ernie

Kittyarnold

Jul-25

please get the eye checked...nothing to fool around with....we had a lovely day today...didn't do much but enjoy....

Cocoa60

Jul-26

Good morning Kitty.  Cool morn at 59. 

Got the lens replaced in the Monte Carlo SS.  Almost a perfect fit.

Grandkids went home after 3 nights here.  Loved having them here,

miss my granddaughter but she's older now.  Lot of time has passed since

we stopped smoking.  My granddaughter helped talk me into that final

attempt when she was 3-4 years old.

Glad you enjoyed the day, enjoy the next one also.

Ernie

Kittyarnold

Jul-27

did you get the eye checked?  hope it is ok.....another hot day expected here....feel bad for Brian too hot to work outside for too long...he isn't a person that can just "hang on"  has to have projects.....hope you are well...

Cocoa60

Jul-28

Good morning Kitty.  Cool morning but cooler mornings coming.  Friday I might go

on the walk Brandy and I did most. 

I had the dermatologist look in my eye, didn't find anything.  Some of the field I was

mowing was 5 to 8 feet high, most likely some polon or something burst a cloud right

into my eye.  It improves every day.

The skin dr froze about 10 spots off me and she holds the gun there 5 to 10 seconds,

hurts and sometimes she hits same spot again.  I remember having one removed

years ago and only took couple seconds.  Then I was helping my daughter move some

piles of brush into the woods and uncovered a ground bee nest.  Didn't see them until

one got my leg.  Felt like what I thought a hot branding iron would feel.  I can still feel

it this morn.

Hope Brian didn't get to hot, I was sweating outside and was before noon.

Have a good day.

Ernie