About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

SENSATIONAL SENIORS   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 8/23/15 by ModDee; 1671680 views.
Kittyarnold

Sep-14

wonder where everyone is....hope all is well....

Cocoa60

Sep-15

Good morning Susan.  Wife doesn't like celebrating birthdays.  smileBut they come and go anyway.

I've eliminated all of my diabetes meds but I have to exercise and diet everyday, can't push it into

remission like many can that are willing to work at it.  Guess mine comes from my parents and

further back.  I take blood pressure med and a statin but extremely lower dose than the doc prescribes.

Just enough so my blood tests are in a safe range.

Brandy was only 8 1/2, I miss her every day.  I got a 16 x 20 picture of her having fun.  It's the picture

she would want to be remembered by.  We only got rabies vaccinations for the pups.  We first noticed

Brandy's tumor in April, she was gone July 12th, with the help of pain management infusions.  Sad Finn

is losing her friend. 

I have a small closet and all my clothes for the year are there and in a couple drawers.  The only pair of

jeans I have hanging up are bell bottoms a friend of ours gave us before she died back in the 80s.  They

have 32 inch waist.  I could wear them barely when I was at 143 lbs but now at 154, doubt I could wear

them.  I used to wear them about once a year when younger.  Same as a thin leather motorcyce jacket

my dad gave me before he was gone, usually wear for a ride once a year.  Jacket was in pretty bad shape

when he and my sister gave it to me but I used leather conditioner on it and seems ok.

Have a good day.

Ernie

Picture I had enlarged.

• Edited September 15, 2021 5:18 am  by  Cocoa60
Cocoa60

Sep-15

Good morning Kitty.  We went north of day and half.  Came back quick because storms moving in

today.  My one granddaughter has a job but still finishing high school and taking some college

courses. 

Car isn't completed yet so it's still not here.  We will be older soon enough, happens to all. 

My wife got a younger brother about a week after we started going steady at the end of 72,

so the last of our nieses and nephews from that family just moved out on their own. 

Almost all our relatives live in NY and PA.  One in Florida. 

Have a good day.

Ernie

Cocoa60

Sep-15

Good morning Diana.  Hope your days are going well.  We are doing well here.  Starting

to cool for Fall but a warm week coming. 

Ernie

Kittyarnold

Sep-15

good morning...it is cloudy...and foggy.....today is Brian's second eye surgery...home waiting for the call to bring him home...should be soon...hope your day is a good one....

Susan1206

Sep-15

Hi Ernie ~

Well, well...that would make a very fun picture....bell bottoms and a leather jacket.  I shudder to think of the way I dressed in the 60's....short mini skirts and heels...Oh my!    

Do you feel you and your wife will ever have another pup?   I'm inclined to say "no" that I won't....but I've had a dog the majority of my married life.....and I remember that the house is so, so lonely without one.  I know it will never be another Golden like Phoebe or Finn because age and strength have caught up with me......  Love Finn to pieces and hope he lives at least until 12 or 13.  He has become lazy...sleeps a lot....almost 10 and that worries me.  Had him in for his second  canine influence shot today (mandatory if we board when we go to Colorado).....

Keep the Faith.  The picture of Sid (who passed on today) was quite special.  She always took him swimming in Lake Erie.  He walked out on the beach and took a look BACK at the Lake.  Almost to say, it's been a wonderful life.  I cried when I saw that picture ~

Susan

Susan1206

Sep-15

All is good ~

Trying to swap out winter clothes/summer clothes.  Always such a chore.  Did a little shopping today...There are NO clothes anywhere in any of the stores.  Makes me wonder what has happened?   Guess I have to turn to on line clothes shopping but that is such a pia.  Guess I don't need anything.   

We have a reunion of our class on Saturday.  Thought it might be nice to find a cute top.  Fall weather hasn't arrived.  It's HOT...

Susan

Cocoa60

Sep-16

Good morning Kitty.  Looks like a nice day today, rained most of yesterday.

I used most of the day to do basement cleaning, using those wire racks.  Also,

we found more stuff we want to let go of. 

My wife only got Lasic surgery on one eye so she could see far away and close up.

Now she has cataracts.  Not sure if it's both eyes.

Not sure what I'm doing today, basement still needs lots of work and could open

the windows today. 

Hope you and Brian's day goes well and his surgery went well.

Ernie

Cocoa60

Sep-16

Good morning Susan.  The jacket and bell bottoms were different decades.  Strange

to merge them together in one paragraph. 

Still miss my Brandy badly every day, wake up many times thinking of her.  Since retired

spent most of the time with her.  She put up with me stressed before retirement.  Whenever

we worked on anything in the house she took off for a bedroom.  She was very timid and humble.

Cocoa always wanted to be in the action.  I never really know what they're thinking even when I

think I know.  So sorry Finn lost his friend.  Brandy's friends lost Brandy early.  The Nefoundland

next door barks at me like I'm keeping her away.  We were for a while because there was a chace

of her leg breaking at the tumor point.  They did play together briefly on Brandy's last day.

Don't know if and when we will get another.

Have a good day.

Ernie

Kittyarnold

Sep-16

Good morning Ernie....and Susan wherever you are and Diane too.....very cloudy and gloomy again....I need Florida, I say again...maybe the sun shines in October?....hope all is well with everyone....