About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

This community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

SENSATIONAL SENIORS   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 8/23/15 by ModDee; 1770227 views.
Susan1206

10/4/21

Hi Miss Kitty ~
Fall is definitely in the air. My flannel pjs were put on this am. Rather rainy and gloomy.

Day 9 of COVID. Praying that anyone who lurks and/or reads, will get a vaccine. Despite TWO vaccines, I am considered a breakthrough.  Jim I’ll, Megan, Dan, Bronwen all positive and ill…

and on we go into October…

Diana (DianaSaigo)

10/4/21

Hey Ernie, 

I want to install security cameras on our property too...just love the technology!  but having to wait until I get the house painted...I live in a village here in rural Ohio...and there is a big drug problem...as well as  thefts...so far we have been lucky...maybe cause i live right next to a police officer...and her fire chief husband.  

Though the plan was to go weed the garden today...it is raining..so like you...trying to come up with plan B...I dont have any formal gardens yet...I have a space that would love to create a lovely garden...but not real talented in that department...so would have to have that designed...and hire someone to do all the heavy stuff..LOL  and right now not in the budget.  I was talking about the borders around my house...We have slowly been getting it fully weeded...and putting that black weed blankets around the bushes and plants..and then putting gravel...we have two sides done...and it looks much better...have put off the other side...because I really have some lovely bulbs that grow every spring...as well as some sage, and pretty flowers that show up in the various seasons...around the house...but we have had some invasive weeds...that take over.  I would love to have vegetable garden.  but am liking the idea of a container garden too!  LOL less work!  

Your brother sounds like a piece of work and i would be upset too if he was doing that to the family home...just not sure i agree with doing all the work for him...cause he doesnt have an excuse not to do the basics..

Hugs

Diana

Diana (DianaSaigo)

10/4/21

Dearest Susan!

Oh my goodness!  That is awful!  Catching COVID is one of my biggest fears!  I too am fully vaccinated...am glad you are surviving it.  I can't imagine...and for your whole family to have it--UGH.  Praying that your whole family recovers with no long term damage.  I have seen what it is like on the COVID ward...as they allowed us up there when it was time to say goodbye to my dad..course we had to fully suit up in PPE..but it was insane up there..we were fortunate...because not all hospitals allow that..and then to leave the room---there is a whole process...

So my dad's cousin's granddaughter visited the COVID Memorial in Washington DC..and registered a flag in my dad's name...to see all those flags...and each one was a family member...a human life...it is staggering...

Hope you get to feeling back to normal soon!  

thanks for the congratulations...one day at a time!  now to face the 3 month challenge!  

Kittyarnold

10/4/21

Oh dear....sorry your having so much trouble....holding you close

Susan1206

10/4/21

Thank you for sending this sober reminder of the lives lost to COVID. I simply cannot imagine what the last nine days would have been like had I NOT have had two Moderna vaccinations!  My worst fear (having been a smoker) was what if I have trouble breathing and face a ventilator!  Thanks be to God, that did not happen. I was very diligent in getting tested IMMEDIATELY and also making my PCP at The Cleveland Clinic aware of my positive test.  

How difficult for you to see your Father in that dire hospital setting. I am so sorry for your loss.

Stay safe  I was the cautious one of us two.  Aware of large group gatherings, always wearing a mask   Ha!  Done in by a Texas swing band in Kent, Ohio that my husband bought tickets for   Well, that’s for another discussion.

Enjoy your Anniversary dinner!  Susan

Susan1206

10/4/21

Thanks, Miss Kitty. 
We cancelled our trip to Colorado to see my 87 year old cousin and husband. That’s been very sad.

Stay safe, please

Cocoa60

10/5/21

Good morning Susan.  Sorry you have all been sick.  I just have a bruise here.  My brother insisted

on recovering a chest full of special scrap steel from his house, that his friends in the factory built

for him.  He was a welder.  I fell in the garbage trying to get it strapped to the loader on the tractor.

I don't understand the mentality of leaving garbage everywhere but  haven't ever been handicapped

with a herd of cats either.  The bruise is getting better, was able to exercise almost normally yesterday.

My Glucose was down to 84, very good with no diabetes meds.  I wasn't able to push it into remission

but I am able to control it without meds as long as I can do these exercise routines.  I'm glad you seem to

be recovering from the virus, hope recovery continues smoothly for all of you. 

My granddaughter is a senior in high school taking college courses.  Kitty might remember when my posts

were mainly about granddaughter, pups, and me doing things together.  I miss my little granddaughter but

she had to grow up, the natural order of life.  Even my grandsons are getting older, one a teen and the other

closing in on it.

Rainy here just like there but thankful for everything we have and many things I have put off that can be done

indoors, just can't resist going outdoors.

Have a good day and get well.

Ernie

Cocoa60

10/5/21

Good morning Kitty.  We have the rain and fog also same as you and Susan, we are all in one

region.  Brother is only 3-4 years older than me.  He decided at some point he wasn't going to

take care of his Diabetes and you can't undo the damage you cause when you do that, just can

slow it down if you get back on track.  He drank lots of Pepsi every day, like glasses of sugar.  Took

in about 100 cats that he couldn't take care of.  Got 70 or so to the humane society after he destroyed

his home and was moving into dads old home but he still has about 20.  Couldn't take care of them

and I couldn't get down there every day, only about once a week.  Was to late for the house anyway,

smells like cat urine.  I can smell it just before I enter the house, wife can smell it 100 feet away from

the house.  If I rebuild it, will have to replace the flooring, walls, and ceiling.  Also, seal or replace the

sub floor.  Every family has stuff to deal with, this is just ours.

I'm sure Brian has stuff to do indoors during the Fall rain just like the rest of us.  Just a pain to have

your schedule changed for you.  But we roll with it.  I did some work finishing up the floor vent I

installed in the living room.  Now I'm trying to finish up a Kenwood stereo amplifier I began years ago. 

Bought a modification kit that cost about $400 so should get it working again.

Have a good day.

Ernie

Cocoa60

10/5/21

Good morning Diana.  I bought an open box Nightowl camera system.  16 channel, 8 camera,

it was an open box deal so only paid about $300 and just about all of it was still sealed in plastic.

They didn't even take equipment out and test it.  Must have looked to complicated for them.  Only

thing that was a small problem was string wires through the attic.  I had to wear a filtered mask, about

the same as a gas mask because of the fiberglass, can't breathe it like I could when I was young.  So

the system usually costs 5 or 6 hundred.  Someone dinged two of our vehicles with a screwdriver or

similar and the other car was already damaged form tent collapse in the blizzard last Winter and from

last 15 years.  I took the monitor from my ham radios to use with the camera system.  Found a used

monitor to replace it down there from a barn sale for $5.  The Nightowl system requires a pretty good

monitor 1080 P or something like that, so $150 to $200 more needed.

There's no changing my brother, my sister and I just deal with it.  You already know if you've dealt with

disabled people, slowly dying.  Him and his wife shouldn't have any pets for my sister to take care of.

They just let the house be destroyed if we don't do something, just like they did to their house before

they moved into dads old house.  Sister stays there almost full time so she's mainly the one dealing

with it.

I only garden with my daughter if she gets going on it.  For myself I had enough of it when I was a kid

on the farm.  Glad you have it looking better, garden looks terrible when let go.  Much worse than the

lawn that was there before started. 

Have a good day.

Ernie

Susan1206

10/5/21

Hi Ernie,

Sorry to hear of your accident. It seems to me that you take on an awful lot!  Hope the bruise heals quickly.

A sunny, but cool, day here by the Lake. No color in our trees.

Tomorrow is Day 10, get out of jail card!  Susan