About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

This community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

SENSATIONAL SENIORS   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 8/23/15 by ModDee; 1770051 views.
Kittyarnold

11/12/21

Good morning.....used to live near Corning in north country NY....we are having a very windy rainy day...lots of leaves will go today...... small agenda for today....working on Christmas stuff....hope your day is great 

Susan1206

11/12/21

Good morning, Miss Kitty, Miss Diana and Master Ernie,

I realize now that I am the one who has been missing in action!  Sorry about that.  Sometimes "life gets in the way".  We diligently worked for two days to complete the vinyl plank wood floor in the dining room.  I have to say that the up and down and up and down on my knees and body have resulted in a lot of aches and pains.  Probably, just too darn old for all of that!  Anyway, it looks lovely and on we go.... I'll try and post a pic from my cell phone.

Fall here.  Color on the leaves is peak or a little past.  We took what was probably our last ride in Jim's convertible Mustang last week.  I had the heater on with the top down!!!  

Finn doing well.  He was in to the Vet for suture removal on Monday.  She said she was amazed and concerned that he had lost so much muscle mass.  Of course, this was while we were waiting for HER to have an opening for surgery.  He is doing well.  We have walked around our entire block two mornings in a row.  Ernie is laughing because he would walk far more than that!   But, Finn is doing well.  I would imagine maybe 1/2 mile or a bit less.

I'm having Thanksgiving here.  My son-in-law tells me the condo is too small and there is a DOG here.  I pitched a bit of a fit since I've not had a holiday in four years.  So, I am in the midst of having all of my recipes out and already doing some preliminary shopping.  A cleaning gal is coming the day before so that is a plus!!

Everyone (except me...knock on wood) has horrid coughs  ~ including Jim.  This is both of my daughters and son-in-laws.  Something strange (other than COVID) is going around and it is NOT leaving...... Most of them are on steroids or z-packs......

((hugs)) to all across the miles.  I will try to be more dutiful with coming on.  Many mornings I sip on coffee and wake up (that takes about an hour) LOL

Susan

Susan1206

11/12/21

Love these glass percolators.....How fortunate for you.   Susan

Kittyarnold

11/13/21

good morning so good to see you here again....this morning is strange....we are totally fogged in....can only see out about 50 ft....no hillside yet....supposed to be yucky all day....going to daughters for lunch whole family will be there....

Cocoa60

11/15/21

Good morning Kitty.  We were up north for a couple days at my in laws.  Was great

to walk Brandy's sister, Dixie, and her friend Charlotte, at my wife's brother's home next door to

her parents. 

We play board games with Wife's parents, sequence.

The Monte Carlo SS ends up spending the Winter up north.  It's still not finished and now

salt will be spread on the roads. 

Wife's parents are naturally older than us and their house is kept up around 76 to 82 degrees

and humidity down close to 0% with wood heat.  Hard for us to adjust and then we have to

adjust back to 68 with higher humidity up around 50%.  The humidity here makes it easier to

heat but its harder on older joints.

We drove home before it snowed in daylight and dry roads.  We have a little snow on the ground

this morning.

We still have Thanksgiving stuff out and I need to get the last of it up, maybe today.  Looks like

wife's parents are coming down for Thanksgiving diner.  I did get the Halloween stuff down.

Have a good day.

Ernie

• Edited November 15, 2021 6:11 am  by  Cocoa60
Cocoa60

11/15/21

Good morning Susan.  Glad Finn is doing well.  I walked Brandy's sister, Dixie, and her friend

last 3 days.  Dixie has worse joint pains than Brandy did so she can only walk about a mile,
then I go back out for about 9 more miles with Charlotte. 

I have only one of the Corning percolators, the smaller one.  My sister is going to keep an eye

out for one of the standard ones at our parents house.  I'm very happy to have the smaller one

but it's probably from after my parents were divorced.  I remember my parents jumping up to

turn down the heat after the water was boiling so it didn't boil over and get coffee grounds in

the coffee.   I've gotten a reminder trying to make coffee with the one I have.  Takes a while to

get the water boiling to start the peculate.  I think old ones are still available but want one my

parents used. 

My Monte Carlo SS got it's last ride in August before the repairs from the blizzard and before

that started.

We did most of our floors in Laminate around 2011.  Look forward to leaving them as they are.

Have a good day.

Ernie

Dixie and Charlotte on their walk 11/13/21.

Charlotte is young and all muscle.

Susan1206

11/15/21

Hi Miss Kitty, It's early....really early for me....awake at 5:30 a.m. and just tired of tossing and turning.  Watching the taping of the Adele show last evening and drinking coffee.  May go back to bed by 7:00 a.m.  LOL

We had our first snow yesterday.  The ground was warm so no accumulation but it certainly was a foreboding sign of things to come!

Son-in-law still not feeling well since his bout with Covid in October.  Has been tested now and has some residual lung problems.  Urge anyone lurking....to get your booster shots!  I will be happy when December 25th comes and the ninety days are up for me......  Too many large group gatherings are looming in November and December and it all makes me quite nervous!

So, will the two of you be headed to Florida this winter?  Spouse would like to go back to Siesta Key.  So far, no openings at any Inn....so I am not sure that is in the plans for us.

Looking for Allspice ~ it's nowhere to be found.  isn't it amazing what there is a shortage of...swim out to all of those container ships......

Well, that is my ramblings for this very early morning.  ((hugs))  Susan

Susan1206

11/15/21

Hi Ernie,

Cute picture of the pups walking...I know that you miss yours.  Finn and I are slowly making it around our block.  Not sure how I measure that....guess I get in my car and drive it..... He's slow, but then so am I.  The Vet says to work on the muscle mass in the legs...so that we are trying to do.  Dislike the cold immensely....even broke out the winter coat last night.  Kudos to you for walking the miles that you walk.  I would make it about a mile or two!!

Posted to Miss Kitty that I can't find Allspice for my pumpkin bread.  I have a feeling this is going to be a different holiday....with shortages, shipping, etc.  Ordered some gifts for SIL at Duluth.  When I ordered online, I asked for them to be shipped to my home.  That wasn't going to happen, I guess because I live within a mile of a Duluth store.  I stopped Saturday and called the number for pick up.  No answer.  I called three numbers and all did not work... So, that means today, I get to go into a store (I don't particularly love) and pick up my packages....Ugh..... 

Maybe giving money to the older grands is a thought this year.  The youngest will turn four at the end of the month.  She went from princess stuff (Frozen movie) to Superheroes.  

Well, must get on with my day.  Cold outside, furnace on.  ((hugs))  Susan

Cocoa60

11/16/21

Good morning Susan.  Have a coating of snow on the ground this morning.

Yes, still think of Brandy every day, such a good soul.  Remember when we

were walking sometimes she would turn away from her curiosity and smelling

to smile at me and wait for me to come up to her and pet her.  I have a 16 x 20

of her in the living room from Valentines Day of 2020 with her new toy.  Another

of her on the farm before it was sold, with my two grand boys.

We just spent the weekend up north with wife's parents.  That's where Brandy's

sister lives next door with her brother.  She just passed 9 years old.

Often this pc takes a long time to bring up a web page.  I bought a new modem

yesterday to try that but spent hours trying to get it working.  I will probably

return it today.  Maybe get a different one later.  I've been working on computer

equipment for decades like most people.  If it takes me hours, we don't really

want it in the house.  So I'm back on the old modem.

Glad Finn is doing well.  I had to wait to get Brandy in for the lump in her leg

that turned out to be cancerous.  I guess it was a tumor that went into the bone

and hereditary type so wouldn't work to cut her leg off.  Would just live on for

about 10 painful months.  She deserved so much better.

We have our grand boys last eve and this morn.  Granddaughter stopped by for

a few hours also.  She's 18 now and helped talk me into my last quit almost 15 years

ago.  The youngest boy and I troubleshot an electronics kit he built last time he was

here.  A little kit that makes your voice sound like a robot or one other sound.

We got it working so he's proud of himself.  Think was three open circuits we found.

He's new at soldering components into a circuit board so makes mistakes.

My Subaru Baja still needs a little work installing the new sub frame but doubt I will

work on it today.  Wednesday and Thursday are supposed to be in the 50s but cold

today.  I have a Dr appt today and have to take care of our daughter's and our garbage.

Hope you find your spice and enjoy the day.

Ernie

Brandy and grand boys at my dad's farm.

Brandy with her new toy, Valentines Day 2020.

Cocoa60

11/17/21

Sort of warm today, probably try to finish up Baja.

Amazon.com: 2006 Subaru Baja Reviews, Images, and Specs ...