About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

This community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

SENSATIONAL SENIORS   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 8/23/15 by ModDee; 1773276 views.
Kittyarnold

11/21/21

interesting to see that someone needs ingredients to an apple pie....I am down to apples, cinnamon, and sugar...sometimes a bit of butter...what else is there?...and now my bluebirds are no longer here.....sunny is shining and it is 42...going out with daughter in a bit to shop....

Cocoa60

11/22/21

Good morning Kitty.  Pretty warm this morning, 37 degrees.  Granddaughter is baking

apple pies for the Thanksgiving dinner, never done it before.  I haven't either.  It's hard to

believe the little birds travel 1000, 2000, or more miles.  Then know to stay there until it

starts getting warm up here.  Was weird talking to a person in Australia on this forum.

She lived south of the equator so she talked about it being hot up north. 

Was unfortunate I ordered our dryer drum bearing on Friday night, wasn't thinking about

them being closed all weekend so the bearing should ship this morning.  I might have to

assemble the dryer so we can use it again before I repair it.

Haven't been down to the farm for two weeks.  My sister came back there with bronchitis,

don't want to bring that back here and spread it to everyone.  Tractor hydraulic pump drive

still isn't finished.  Supposed to check the alignment before putting the chain drive on but I

didn't so had to remove the chains which I did.  Still have to adjust the alignment and reinstall

the chains.

Hope your day goes well, all doing great here.

Ernie

Kittyarnold

11/23/21

Good morning all , I expect everyone is getting ready for Thanksgiving or travel for it...I am so grateful I don't do that anymore....our oldest daughter does it now....the sun is shining here but it is 26 degrees...all is well here and I hope it is for you....

Cocoa60

11/24/21

Good morning Kitty.  28 here this morn.  Have a skin Dr appt at 9 so set my alarm

to get up in time for exercise, breakfast, and shower.  Found out my glucose

was going way up after coffee, already without sugar for many years.  So this

morn I'm having coffee without cream to check if it's that.  Maybe I will go back

to milk and check if that is ok, if I find out it's the cream which I suspect.  I'm

running in the 120s before coffee, 180 to 200 after coffee and down around

100 to 120 after exercise.  I'm having to exercise very hard to get my glucose down.

Sabotaging my efforts by bumping numbers up before exercise and all day.  I drink

one caffeine coffee in the morning, then drink defaf after that.  Lots of time will grab

a cup of decaf instead of snacking on something.  Caffeine causes a body to resist the

insulin it creates to keep its own sugar down so I can't drink caffeine that much.

We have our two grand boys staying over until Thanksgiving day when my daughter

comes over.  Our granddaughter is baking pies for the dinner and is supposed to come

over this eve.

Put my old Subaru sub frame out by the road for the scrappers to pick up along with

the old pipe that held up our old mail box, and threw the old mail box  in with them. 

Ordered a new rear drum bearing for our dryer on Friday eve unfortunately.  So it shipped

late Monday and made it 20 miles down the road to Syracuse and left there last eve, hope

it finally makes it here today so I can reassemble the dryer and we can wash clothes.  It was

making a loud noise.  I wasn't thinking bout it being a regular business since most ebay sellers

are just a person in business for themselves but it's the type of product I'm buying.

Have a good day, we're all doing great here.

Ernie

00 01 02 03 04 Subaru Legacy Rear Crossmember Sub Frame ...Subaru sub frame I put out for the scrappers.

Our Baja rides again.Amazon.com: 2006 Subaru Baja Reviews, Images, and Specs ...

• Edited November 24, 2021 5:01 am  by  Cocoa60
Kittyarnold

11/24/21

Good morning....coffee impacts your sugar without sugar....?  so much to watch out for....today is the day before....so we are going to daughters (this years hostess and chef)  to peel apples for the pies....the least we can do....we had to replace our microwave and Brian is getting the wall ready for installation....he will need some help cause it is heavy and I don't do heavy anymore....sunny and 23 degrees with a breeze so the wind chill is about 17....brrrr.....hope you day is a good one ....

Cocoa60

11/25/21

Good morning Kitty.  Happy Thanksgiving.  It was the creamer we use causing my Glucose

to spike, so this morning I'm trying 2% milk.  Hope I can use it in my coffee.  Already did a

test before coffee. 

The dryer rear drum bearing came yesterday so I installed it and reassembled the dryer.

Ran three loads through it and seems to be working.  Glad with the expense of the Monte

Carlo SS body work and the Subaru Baja frame work, along with other stuff I've spent a lot

of money this Fall.

I've been watching those rubber heated mats for our main deck we use for an entrance way

and it's steps.  So they have a black Friday 15% off sale and got them for wife and I for Christmas.

Will make my wife very happy, she's always concerned about the ice and snow.  She has her own

bag of salt separate from our driveway salt to use out here on the deck and steps.  We have a wall

switch we did use for pool lights but they started leaking water out of the pool so sealed them off.

Now we use them for one of the sump pumps during rainy season.  I can use the switch for these

heated mats in the Winter. 

Have a good time at your Daughter's.

Ernie

Kittyarnold

11/26/21

Thanksgiving was lovely and the food delicious...we always do creamed spinach and creamed onions...beside the regulars,,.....  apple, pecan, cherry, and pumpkin pies  and one guest brought tiramisu our dessert choices........good but not as good as homemade.....(the tiramisu)   all the pies were homemade....for me it almost didn't feel like Thanksgiving cause there wasn't any cooking going on here...great to see so many family members and our new great grand daughter was there for me to sing to and hold ...3 months old and started to gurgle and smile...

Cocoa60

11/27/21

Good morning Kitty.  Glad we all had a great Thanksgiving.  My wife did all the cooking here with very

little sleep the night before.   Our granddaughter did bake all the pies, some cookies, and brownies. 

I have lots of pictures but the camera I got doesn't have bluetooth or anything like that, have to pull

the memory card and plug it into this pc.  Modern for us but still 16 year old technology.  I did go down

to Wegmans and get two platters, one fruit with cream cheese dip and the other veggies with ranch dressing.

The old folks barely touched them but the kids were into them constantly.  I know what you mean about it

being so great to be around our friends and family.  We're so rich.

I finished my experimenting on coffee.  Turns out just the creamer we use was doing the most harm so I'm

using 2% milk in my coffee now.  The one cup of caffeine coffee I have about now every day didn't make a

difference.  The milk does increase my glucose but not nearly as damaging as the creamer.  When our glucose

goes very high it kills cells needed to keep glucose numbers down.  Not sure how long our bodies need to

regenerate those cells but certainly not good to kill them.  Normal is between 70 and 99.  I was at 295 when

they found it.  My Cocoa dog was at 700 when they found it.

Our older grandson is staying here again until Tuesday.  I need to go down to the farm Tuesday to take my

brother to a doctor appt.  My sister went to her home sick with Bronchitis.  I will need to clean up around

there some also, she's been gone for a few days already. 

I got the heated mats for the deck and steps yesterday.  Grandson and I installed them and wired them to

the switch on the wall.  Snowed here so tried them out already.  They are a Christmas present for wife and I

but they need to be installed early.  They sent a coffee cup with them.  I will wrap that and put it under the

tree for my wife.  She will love these, she's been doing battle with any ice on the front deck for many decades.

I shovel the main snow off there but can't always keep up with every trace.

Have a great day.

Ernie

Winter again

Kittyarnold

11/27/21

we don't have snow....30 and sunny.....our grandson and his wife are coming over to see our place...they live in Maryland and are a very sweet couple....he is one of the grandsons that is 6'4" tall....I am about 5'3"  so feel dwarfed when he hugs me....today is Brian and my anniversary....44 wonderful and blessed years...going to daughters for lunch...hope your day is wonderful

Cocoa60

11/28/21

Good morning Kitty.  Snowing here again until 10 am the forecast says.

This is when we get ice on the deck and steps usually, when it snows

every day and I don't get it all cleaned up or I'm busy working on something else.

Good you got to see your grandson and wife.  Our oldest grandson still staying

here.  We played the sequence board game for a few hours yesterday.  I didn't

do much work on anything yesterday.

Happy anniversary.  Hope you enjoyed the day.  Wife and I got married in June. 

I went to the skin doc again last week and got spots frozen off my head they call

precancerous again, with liquid nitrogen.  I seem to get them even if I always have

a hat on outdoors.  Doc is giving me some cream to use during the Winter to help

stop them from forming. 

Supposed to get light snow until around 10 am this morn so probably won't turn on

the heated mats until around then. 

Have a good day.

Ernie