About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

This community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

SENSATIONAL SENIORS   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 8/23/15 by ModDee; 1772468 views.
Kittyarnold

Dec-12

we had clouds and some rain all day...but last night before midnight we had high wind gusts and downpours...Brian slept thru it...the wind gusts were really loud and worried me a bit....trying to think of trees that might come down...nothing wrong tho thanks goodness...so clear and sunny now and just hit 40 .....Brian is out working on digging and changing the fence....good day for him....hope your day is wonderful

Cocoa60

Dec-13

Good morning Kitty.  We had that wind storm earlier in the evening.  No damage here

either.  Much damage down south.  Was nice weather here yesterday also, our weather

almost a copy of yours.  Even nicer weather today.  I will be trying to get those struts

replaced on the Subaru.  Have to compress the coil springs that are mounted on top of

the struts, that's usually the tricky part.  One year I had to replace the larger coil springs

on my wife's Camaro and one spring compressor slipped off.  It crushed my hand against

the car frame.  Had to have my hand sewed up.  But these coils are much smaller, can be

a real pain to get them into place though. 

Wife will probably get groceries today.  I don't usually go anymore because I am to trmpted

to get myself food that hurts my campaign against my diabetes. 

Got under the rear of my Baja and looked at the welding done.  Interesting how he did some

of it.  Not how I would've but I'm not experienced at it anymore.  Back in the 80s when I raced

a stock car for a while I got sorta good at it but faded out over the years.  Now days I might weld

every five years or so on a lawn mower deck or something like that. 

Glad that Brian and I have this little window to get outdoor work done in  some comfort.  Warm

enough if you're working.  Still have to be dressed pretty well if doing something that is more tedious

than hard work.

The huge Newfoundland dog next door greets me sometimes when I park in the driveway.  She is 100

pounds last I knew and used to play with Brandy. 

Have a great day Kitty.

Ernie

Kittyarnold

Dec-13

Good morning Ernie.....the most incredible sunrise this morning....so bright with many colorful clouds and in the west the clouds were pink....supposed to be cloudy for the rest of the day.....now how will you be able to work on the car with an injured hand?  glad you have a lot of "things" to do to fill you energy level....hope your day is great.

karenvans

Dec-13

Good morning all!1! Just dropped in to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! I had 10 years without smoking on June 27th!! So g;lad I quit and this forum was so instrumental in keeping me SMOBER!

• Edited December 13, 2021 11:44 am  by  karenvans
Kittyarnold

Dec-13

Merry Christmas  so good to see you and hear your 10 successful years...

Hi all you healthy Seniors

Stopped in to wish everybody Happy Holidays. Hope everyone is healthy and happy. 

Weather has been wonderful around here.   

Cocoa60

Dec-14

Good morning Kitty.  Beautiful sunrise and sunsets for us.  Didn't crush my hand this year,

was in 2001 changing the coil springs on my wife's Camaro.  The end was broken off one,

should have left it but didn't know that when I started.  I'm more than half done changing

the struts on the Subaru.  One side is finished and the other side is out with the coil spring

mounted on the new strut.  Have to get the rebuilt assembly up aligned and bolted in.  The

Subaru takes the worst salt because I use it after a storm rather than risk our newer car.

Complete Struts & Coil Springs w/ Mounts Front Pair for 95 ...

Some of the people you helped showed up to wish you a happy time for the holidays.  You did

so much work to help others.

Today I need to finish the Baja and take care of daughter's garbage and ours.  Then tomorrow

go down to the farm and take my brother to an eye appt an hour from their home.  His eyes

are messed up from not taking care of his diabetes.  Now they might have to use a laser to remove

blood from behind his retinas.  I will probably get down to the farm soon enough to clean things up

from the last 10 days or so.  My sister is still sick with her bronchitis and living back at her home

recovering.  She will most likely go to Florida and spend the Winter with one of her sons down there.

She does every Winter. 

I'm certain Brian is getting lots of work done during this good weather.  He must be building the

rock wall all by hand.  I'm grateful to be finishing the Subaru before Winter completely closes in

on us.  Cars are so expensive right now.  They have few late model used cars so charging the new

price for them.  They know someone will buy them. It will correct itself before long because the

car companies and dealerships need volume to make the kind of money they want.  Not us, we

did the work and have years to go now.

Enjoy the day Kitty.

Ernie

Brandy's sister, Dixie, on the left and her friend, Charlotte, on the right.

Last weekend up in Morrisville, NY.

Kittyarnold

Dec-15

good morning everyone...life goes on the sun is partly out today.....only 24 here so far....no agenda today except to make chili for dinner....a good cold weather meal for sure....watching the Omicron ...I'm not really worried about it...just worry for the great grands that are too young....only one was eligible for the shot stay well and enjoy your day I am happy if even one person made it because of something I have said....

Cocoa60

Dec-16

Good morning Kitty.  We just had chili and leftover is still in the frig.  I went down to

the farm yesterday and cleaned up some, then took my brother up to Robert Packard

Hospital in Sayre, PA.  Had to have treatment done to his eye because of letting his

glucose get high for a long period of time.  Supposed to go there once a month for

the next 17 months for eye treatments.  That's about all I did yesterday except exercise

before I left.  It's about 7 hours of driving and waiting at the hospital.

One of my wife's brother's wives called her yesterday twice and talked for a long time.

That family has isolated itself from the rest of the family for years, I guess because his

wife and parents don't get along.  Was nice to hear from her.  We were close friends in

the 70s before everybody started families and careers.  I was best man at their wedding.

Wife put our Christmas tree up and started decorating it.  I moved the furniture around

yesterday morning before I left. 

Have a good day, you and Brian.

Ernie

Grands last Christmas.

Kittyarnold

Dec-16

I like the Christmas picture......sorry your brother doesn't take better care of himself....tough one with diabetes.....hope your day is good....