About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Denim50

This community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

SENSATIONAL SENIORS   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 8/23/15 by ModDee; 1789226 views.
Cocoa60

12/25/21

Good morning Kitty.  Merry Christmas.  Still a white Christmas here but not for long,

the all day rain they predicted has started. 

I did get the step built for my daughter's family but the paint is to new.  Probably be

ready for me to take over Tuesday.  It's built out of 4 x 4's and 2 x 8's so it should way

outlast the old one. 

I looked up how to reset my Cannon camera, had just a black screen.  But the reset I

found worked and it's back working.

My largest and newest ham radio had stopped receiving signals.  I have it sortta working.

I will get it working normally soon but it worked well enough to talk to my brother.  No doubt

I hit a button with a knuckle while using it.  Just takes a while to figure it out.  My brother got a

new radio to use in the hf bands, cats had ruined his old one. 

Hope you and your family have a Merry Christmas and all the other passers by on the forum.

Ernie

Ham radio station I have an operator problem with.

Kittyarnold

12/25/21

MERRY

CHRISTMAS TO ALL OF 

OUR FRIENDS

Cocoa60

12/26/21

Good morning Kitty.  Hope you all had a good Christmas, did here.  I ate to much but will

try to get back to eating what I burn.  I got the porch step finished and wrapped it for a gift

to my daughter, large and heavy gift.  smile  Enjoyed seeing the grands and their dogs also.

My antennas are working much better but still room for improvement.  I'm receiving the

repeater 100 miles away in my hometown, where my brother is, at full scale on my strength

meter but I'm still cutting out to them.  I changed microphones in case that's the problem.

Haven't tried that out yet.  I am able to talk to my brother on different frequencies since he

got the new radio and I put up that antenna for him back about a month ago.

Our snow all melted in the rain but no more snow his Winter would suit me fine. 

Enjoy your day.

Ernie

Kittyarnold

12/26/21

we did have a lovely Christmas with all our children and some grands and the greats  it was still white with some very light sprinkles...today it is bright and sunny and 34...with all the food yesterday we didn't end up with any leftovers so need to figure out dinner...not typical daughters have offspring home (grown ups) so they will eat it all up......still doesn't seem like we had Christmas tho for some reason....have a wonderful day after .

Cocoa60

12/27/21

Good morning Kitty.  Have snow and then mix headed here around 10 this morning and

then lasting most of the day I think. 

Used a coat I want to climb the pine tree to take the antenna down out and got the gunk

from the tree all over it so spent some time getting that off.  Did some more work on that

antenna also.  I get through on those frequencies but cut out some still. 

Glad we all had good times with our friends and family for the holidays.  Sure seems quiet

now.  I took the outside lights down yesterday since it was 36 degrees and no precipitation. 

Wife probably won't want to go out into the Winter storm today so I might need to get the

groceries for this week.  I don't mind going out into the storms especially with the Subaru.

Don't know what else I will do today.  If there is a break in the storm might try something

else with the antennas.  Soon I need to get down to the farm to catch up but need a day I

can work outdoors without being in snow, sleet, and rain.

You and your family have a great day.

Ernie

Kittyarnold

12/27/21

clear and sunny here all day.....

Cocoa60

12/28/21

Good morning Kitty.  Don't think we got any sun yesterday but supposed to get some

1st part of today.  Can see the moon this morning.  Got groceries yesterday and took

recyclables to the land fill.  Drove by where we had to have Brandy put to sleep. 

Today have to take care of garbage.  Should get some work done on antenna, supposed

to be warmer today.

The one Cardinal that flies against the bay window started flying against the car windows

also.  Stated parking the cars further back and he stopped for the one day, hope for good.

Have a good day.

Ernie

Kittyarnold

12/28/21

Love the cardinal but sorry he keeps flying into the window....I hung a small mobile inside so the birds would maybe not fly in...it seemed to help...we are totally fogged in again this morning...had some snow overnight very light and not a problem......30 degrees right now.....enjoy your day....

Cocoa60

Dec-29

Good morning Kitty.  33 here so warm for this time of day.  Supposed to freeze at the

beginning of next week. It's snowing here this morning and we have some on the ground

from last night.  We do have decorations up in the bay window for just about every season

and holiday, doesn't seem to have any effect on the cardinal banging into the window. 

He does seem to have stopped flying into the car windows since I moved them back.

A little harder to park them back there though. 

Worked on the antenna yesterday after taking care of garbage.  It does work better but

still doesn't get through to the repeater almost 100 miles away.  Think its time to let it go

and use other frequencies that lend themselves to that distance.  Sometimes I can get through

for a minute or two. 

My grandsons got those virtual reality goggles from their father so they walk around seeing

whatever it is they see in those view finders.  I'm glad they enjoy their gifts.

Think our cable box died so might have to go swap it at the cable store today.  Doesn't power

on.  You would think that they would send people out to swap them with what we pay them

every month. 

It's been two weeks since 've gotten down to the farm so need to do that again soon.  At least

my brother found other people to drive him to his eye procedures.  It's 7 hours of driving for

me to do it from here.  Think I've been fired because he mentioned there was a Kentucky Fried

Chicken place there and I didn't make any attempt to go there after the appt.  I'm not sad to

have lost that job. 

Have a good day.

Ernie

What Is Virtual Reality? | Wonderopolis

Kittyarnold

Dec-31

Happy New Year....I spent 3 days in the hospital....diverticulitis.  easy treatment....take pills etc.   so I a home now and okay....keep on keeping on