About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Denim50

This community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

SENSATIONAL SENIORS   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 8/23/15 by ModDee; 1893212 views.
Susan1206

1/6/22

Hi Miss Kitty,

I am sorry to read on your postings that you have been ill!  I hope they have discovered the reason for your discomfort.  

i have taken to becoming a recluse. I bought some yarn and will begin knitting a hat during January. I must repair a crocheted Afghan my Mother made in the 1950’s first…..

Take care. Sending hugs.   Susan

Susan1206

1/6/22

I am stressed too.  Jim is out and about with AA Meetings and people all of the time.

Because of an auto immune situation and my slightly damaged lungs, I am very very fearful of all of this. I had COVID once and it is no picnic in the park!!  

Take care. Winter months are long and difficult.  Susan

Cocoa60

1/7/22

Good morning Susan and Kitty.  23 here this morn and snowing, Winter.  In spite of the

Winter weather we will probably venture north Saturday to visit wife's parents mostly, and

Brandy's sister.  Wife's parents are in pain and older, don't know how much longer they will

be able to visit with her.  My parents are long gone but she was the oldest sibling and I was

the youngest.  A good match for us.  One of our grandsons stayed over to take this trip with

us.

My granddaughter couldn't make it to our birthday party last eve and I missed her but will

see her next week, I'm so rich it's unbelievable.  She used to make it over a day early, mostly

to do the cake decorations.

I did get the supplies to put a new outlet in the bathroom, didn't get started on the project yet.

Picked up my prescriptions over there on the other side of the river where most everything is

now.  We have a huge mall down here in the valley but doesn't have much useful to us now.

I also took the tv box back to swap for the right one but they gave me another wrong one, this

time for a newer and more expensive system than we have.  We already pay $163 a month for

cable and internet.  I can remember when that was enough for a very good car payment and

cable was less than $10 a month.  I'm so old.  So I had to make another trip yesterday for a different

box.  It looks like it works, is a DVR, and isn't the later enhanced DVR so hope done with all of that.

Our last one lasted about 10 years I think.

Also got my replacement cable modem and wifi unit yesterday and it seems to have solved our problem

with the internet.  It sometimes took me 10 minutes to get on the internet.  Now it's back to almost instant.

I was getting the computer up long before I needed it.  I use the internet every day for things like this forum

and ordering parts to maintain everything here, at daughter's, and down on the farm.  Also, sometimes need

to know what goes wrong with different machines, electronics, appliances, etc...  and sometimes hints on

repairs.   The rear drum bearing just broke on our dryer, $12 for the bearing instead of $600 or so for a new

dryer. 

My granddaughter was the one helped convince me to try quitting the smoke for the last time, and it stuck,

unlike many times before that.  Back when she was 3 years old.  Unfortunately we only got my wife to convert

over to vaping and she still does today, but at least no carbon monoxide and hope fewer poisons mixed in to

enhance the addiction.  You must be so proud of your granddaughter at Kent State. 

Hoe your days go well and you get out once in a while. 

Ernie

Susan1206

1/7/22

Dear Ernie,

Such a sweet picture of your granddaughter. Oh how fun it is when they are young!  
 I have a similar photo of dear Sara when she was young in the garden of my forever home back in North Canton.  Oh how I miss the home we built. Life goes on, but never quite the same when we move away from our home and gold friends.

I do hope from time to time, you may tell your wife my story. Joe was a smoker and had four aneurysms before the last one took him.  I know little about vaping but I’m sure there are ramifications to your lungs. Could she try The chewing gum alternative? 

Snow here. Quite pretty but cold. Must take CRV to have tires rotated. I’ll have to ask you about engine oil leaks another time!  2012 Honda CRV with 77,000 miles..,,

Enjoy the weekend.  Susan 

Cocoa60

1/8/22

Good morning Susan, no Kitty again.  We miss you Kitty.  I didn't know I had that picture, have so many.

I will have to have that made into an 8x10 and frame it.  Think my wife is a little worried about my 8x10s

and 16x20s.  Latest is a 16x20 of Brandy with her Valentines gift in 2020, hung in the living room. 

Brandy, Feb 14th, 2020.

I've forgotten why you moved up north.  Oh, think it was the Cleveland clinic for you husband's health.  I

remember you letting your husband's Jeep go.  I told you to keep it, you can go into 4 wheel and out

while moving now.  Not like the old days when you had to stop and get out and take the front wheels

hubs out of 4 wheel, just before I was a teen so many years ago.  That must have been 2012 when you

got your Honda.  I have over 140k miles on my Subaru Baja I got beginning of 2007 when we stopped smoking.

I've never had a Honda car but many motorcycles.  In fact, I have a Honda street bike, 750 cc, and a dirt bike,

350 cc, in the basement now.  The dirt bike has a minor problem with the carburetors, but the street bike has

an engine problem.   I've been stuck on my Suzuki GS1100GKs bikes for many years.

Yosmite National Park, California.

I will tell my wife your story, so sorry you lost your husband.  I can't even think about trying to live without my

wife.  I'm just the support for her life.  The world needs kind and understanding people like her, us technicians

are quite normal.  Though I run into many men who don't function well outside of their jobs.  It more than doubles

our income to keep things running, also to analyze and repair them after they break down.  

I rotate my Subaru Baja tires when I change the engine oil.  I have the bike and Monte Carlo SS to run during the

Spring, Summer, and Fall so I run Cooper Blizack tires on the Baja now, for snow.  Subaru have been all wheel

drive from way back before all the others. 

We are headed north for a couple days to visit my wife's family, also, Brandy's sister, Dixie, and her friend Charlotte.

That's how I keep my exercise up while we are north.  Dixie can only walk about one mile with her hips, then walk

Charlotte another 9 miles because she is solid muscle.  So I will be missing from the forum couple days.

Dixie and Charlotte.

You enjoy your weekend also Susan, you too Kitty.

Ernie

Kittyarnold

1/8/22

Good morning....I always check this site daily...my tummy is better...diverticulitis is not fun...so haven't done much....we have about 5 inches  of snow and the sun is shining but only 10 degrees so far....no agenda...too cold to go out for me.....hope all the car work will make a difference I know you enjoy it.....

Kittyarnold

1/10/22

hope everyone is okay.....staying quiet around here...don't know who the blank messages are from....any ideas??our ground is still covered in snow and the temp is still low....23 here at 9 ish......