About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Denim50

This community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

SENSATIONAL SENIORS   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 8/23/15 by ModDee; 1794137 views.
Kittyarnold

Jan-19

Good morning.....hope all is well....it is 16 partly sunny day.....no plans as of yet.....watching old movies....ashtrays all over and  smoking on screen back in the day ...

Kittyarnold

Jan-19

there you are....now you can tell us about your quit?

HerbSouth

Jan-19

Read message 53 in the topic that starts with January 2022 new ex smokers start here

• Edited January 19, 2022 9:27 am  by  HerbSouth
Susan1206

Jan-19

Good morning, Sensational Seniors ~

I have been locked out of the Forum (for whatever reason) in that they have not stored my password.  Frustrating, for sure.

Cold here....about 8 to 10 inches of snow on the ground.  I just called our Property Management Company to complain about inches of ice on our driveway.  As you may recall a few years back, I slipped and fractured my subtrochanteric (femur) and it took me ten months to come back to walking.  I certainly don't want that to happen again although I do not walk Finn when there is snow or ice on the ground.  That's why we have the nice pine needles off our patio.

I think Finn has a thyroid problem.  Shedding like crazy, intolerance to cold for any length of time and lethargy.  At least I hope that is it.  I have a call in to the Vet who will be in tomorrow.  I sent her an email showing a bald spot on his skin also.  I should have bought pet insurance ten years ago!  But, I love him and he is a good companion even when he is getting older.  I always believe in that you walk the walk....even when your loved pet grows very old.

Not much new here.  Our WalMart pre-lit Christmas tree is defunct.  Several of the pre-lit strands are kaput.  Daughter brought over some fancy gadget to test individual lights and wires.  It's all a bit much for these two seniors.  I can't find the receipt (about $200.00 three or four years ago) and what would they do anyway.  Guess we have a few choices...pack it away.....get individual strands of lights next year for the bare spots or buy a new (NON pre lit tree). ....So, in my judgment, be wary of a purchase at of pre-lit trees. Ernie would have it diagnosed and fixed in a heartbeat!       Moving on into 2022.

Occupy myself with knitting at present.  We leave for Siesta Key in less than a month for ten days.  It will be good to get away.

Hope all is well with everyone.  Stay safe.  ((hugs))  Susan

Susan1206

Jan-19

Hi Herb,

It seems like you may have solved the dilemma in posting!

Welcome to the Sensational Senior Group. We are small in number but we have tons of experience and advice.  Stay with us and keep on the narrow road to having healthier lungs.  Keep on keep in’ on… advice from a long time Forum member.  Susan 

Cocoa60

Jan-20

Good morning Kitty.  Good to see you here.  We traveled to see my wife's brother and family

yesterday on the last warmer day for a while in our region.  Hadn't seen them in years so was

a fun time. 

Found a guy in California and one in New Jersey that have experience working on the amplifier

I'm working on and offered to help me.  So great because it's going to be a lot of physical work

and brain work to get it working on my frequency band.

Was around a lot of smokers and vapors up north but I have no desire to go back there either.

Have a great day Kitty.

Ernie

Cocoa60

Jan-20

Good morning Susan.  Glad you're enjoying your time with Finn, he's so great.

Sad he is having so many medical issues, guess we all are now. 

We have an artificial Christmas tree but it has all white lights so my wife always

puts strings of colored lights on it anyway.   Only uses the white lights to put

ornaments on it.  Right now we're decorating for Valentines, mostly the bay

window but around the house some too.  The hearts I put red light strings

around didn't really look like hearts from outdoors so this year I bought a used

heart built with lights in it, much prettier from outdoors.  I even have the box for it.

My wire's brother's family got a new puppy, a pit bull or boxer type.  Was so much

fun playing with her.   I have pictures but no on this pc.  I got a cannon camera sureshot,

think it was at a hamfest in September for $20 but it went bad so just got a later model

Cannon Powershot for $40.  Like getting these high quality outdated cameras for nothing.

The latest ones are $1500 on up.  Take much better photos than my phone. 

Have a great day.

Ernie

Bedspread my mom made in the early 80s.

Cocoa60

Jan-20

Good morning and good going with stopping the poison smoke.