About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Denim50

This community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

SENSATIONAL SENIORS   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 8/23/15 by ModDee; 1896081 views.
JavaNY

5/23/22

Good morning Ernie,

Sad to hear about your wife's cousin. Yes, 55 is young especially nowadays.

It cooled down here also. Yes, any race over 4-5 miles would not include me.

Interesting diagram. Once the wires are up, would the antenna need to be anchored to the roof?

Enjoy the day everyone.

Paul

Cocoa60

5/24/22

Good morning Kitty and Paul.  About the same as yesterday morn, 49 here.  I went on one of the runs once,

found out I was going much slower than the people that run them.  I jogged about 4.5 miles every morning

before work.  From 07 to 16, when I had to switch to walking, I had dogs with me.  Made it a much better thing.

But a lot of pain goes along with it when your close friends die.

The wire antenna diagram is just an example.  One of my antennas is hooked to our chimney like that, but I have

three wire antennas up.  So 6 ends to tie off.  The lower the frequency, the longer the antenna elements, so at 1.8

Megahertz the whole antenna is around 230 feet long.  From 14 MHz to 440 MHz I use aluminum beam antennas

that have to be turned towards the receiving station or repeater in that area.  One end of the very long antenna goes

off my property but haven't gotten in trouble yet.  It does look like I can secure my compound bow to my motorcycle,

just makes it a little harder to get on and off the bike.  I'm reluctant to leave anything valuable at the farm since my

brother doesn't have a will and his wife has lots of adult kids ready to swoop in.  They've had trouble with some of

them already.  I bought my bow just for launching antennas, I don't bow hunt. 

Glad we are smoke free.  I tend to take it for granted these days but it's still not automatic.  Might get reminded of

that if I have to live through worse mental trauma than I have these last 15 years.  One daughter at 14 years today, I

give her a congrats card every year.  Kitty, Brian must be in an outdoor project by now, wish him luck.  I have our

pool open but only at around 71 degrees last I looked, not warm enough for me yet.  Mower maintenance and mowing

in full season.

Have a good day all.

Ernie

Not my antenna but same one I use from 14 MHz to 30 MHz.

Susan1206

5/24/22

Thank you, Miss Kitty, for your posting ~

I probably need to add that to my list.  I had a former PCP tell me that I should not get the injection....but apparently that is when they were using a live vaccine?   I'm not sure.  I had shingles when I was pregnant with my first child (age 28)  It was short lived but a little scary since I was pregnant. 

I guess I shall look into it.  Have a lovely day.  I'm off on a jet plane very soon.

((hugs)) Susan

Susan1206

5/24/22

Dear Sensational Senior friends and all of those who may lurk about,

I will soon be leaving on a jet plane (I'm sure that was a song once upon a lifetime ago) and head to the Florida Keys (Islamorada, if the spelling is correct).   Compliments of my youngest daughter and her husband.  I've always wanted to visit the Keys and here I go.  Snorkeling, sandbar, KeyWest, with its roosters and six toed cats and staying at a posh resort.  Just what I need.

I will see you all on the "flip side" of a week's vacay.  ((hugs))  Susan

As always, keep the faith and stay smoke free!

Susan1206

5/24/22

A Northern Flicker graced our oriole feeder this morning!  

Kittyarnold

5/24/22

enjoy your stay in the Keys and love the picture....don't forget to look down at the sand ....might see a seashell....

Susan1206

5/24/22

I still have all of yours from beautiful Sanibel. I hope you saved your collection!!!!

JavaNY

5/24/22

Have a great vacation, Susan. 

Yes, a John Denver song. Though I think made popular by Peter, Paul, & Mary. 

Cocoa60

5/25/22

Good morning Susan, Kitty, Paul, and all.  54 here this morn, pretty warm when still May.

Hope you enjoy your trip Susan.  Wife also had shingles during her first pregnancy but we

were both much younger. 

We have a moth flying around in front of a camera, looks like flash the super hero.  I'm off

to the farm this morning after exercise.  I managed to get the bow and fishing arrow secured

to the bike yesterday.  So can get my brother's new wire antenna put up.  He's so proud of it

but it's just a wire antenna with a bunch of tuning coils in the coax connector.  It's ok, we all

have built something up in our minds that wasn't what we gave it credit for.

I still have to bend the fan blades out on the Allis Chalmers tractor.  They still hit the shroud in

front of it sometimes.  At least the old damaged hydraulic drive parts didn't hit the radiator when

they came lose last Summer.  Finding parts for a 1976 tractor isn't easy, got most of the parts from

a guy in Wisconsin.  A place in PA had some of them but wanted twice the price.    I see there's another

shield I can install on the tractor they removed before I was working on it.  Then I will probably take a

couple sweeps around the field.

I was also thinking of Peter, Paul, and Mary.  I had the album in the 60s.  Also had Puff the Magic Dragon.

Had forgotten about John Denver though. 

Pretty much fixed the bullseye caused by the stone from the truck on the highway in my windshield.  Still

looks like a water spot about 1/8 inch across but I can live with what's left.  Also put resin in a bout 5 other

spots fragments hit and didn't cause bullseyes. 

Enjoy the day all, great weather, 72 and partly sunny here. 

Ernie

JavaNY

5/25/22

You enjoy also, Ernie. Similar weather here.