About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Denim50

This community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

SENSATIONAL SENIORS   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 8/23/15 by ModDee; 1855817 views.
Cocoa60

May-31

Hope everyone is doing well.  Today is the really hot day here.  Will be hot and humid tomorrow before the storm.

I had enough of cold and snow, this is good for now. 

It's so great we are smoke free and enjoying life.

Replaced some output power transistors in my Kenwood audio amp.  Found a shorted transistor in a IC also, but

still failing and going into protect mode at power on.  So continue troubleshooting.

I'm sure Brian is keeping busy, always has.

Ernie

My mom and dad's rotary phone from 1957.  I'm fortunate to have it.

Kittyarnold

May-31

it was 73 here at 6 this morning....no open windows for us....Brian will be mowing later and it is supposed to be getting up in the 90's too hot for so early in the season....I have no agenda as of yet....maybe I will play the piano.....see if I still can....haven't touched it in over a year.....used to be hard to play when I was smoking....a piece of music took a long time....used to have an ashtray on the piano.....no more....and no still can't believe it....

JavaNY

May-31

Good morning, everyone. Hot here yesterday also, the same today. I think it cools off tomorrow.

Ernie, yes, sailors, marines, & coast guard dock in NYC for a week before Memorial Day. I guess it's great for any of them who have never been to here. They also open up the ships for tourists, so it's a chance for civilians to see them. One of them told me, the NYPD gave them tours on their police boats. The FDNY opened up their fire houses to feed them.  

USS Bataan.

Attachments
Cocoa60

Jun-1

Good morning Kitty, Paul, and all.  62 here for early morn.  Think this is the second time we've approached

90 degrees already.  Cool down after the storm, cool temps coming from the east so gets to all of you first.

Kitty was wondering how smoking slowed piano playing at first.  I wasted lots of time smoking that could've

been better used.  I wasn't very musical except listening.  I learned the trombone in elementary school but

they sent a letter home eventually, had to purchase the instrument for around $260, a fortune in the 60s.

When a new car was around $1200.  Told my parents I didn't want it.  Glad you got back to your piano Kitty.

Paul that looks like some pictures of helicopters I used to see at work.  Mark 5, think we used to develop,

build, and test for the military, at IBM Federal Systems Division and Lockheed Martin in Owego, NY.  I also

worked on the Black hawk, Stealth, B52, B1B, F15, and surveillance aircraft. 

All our grandkids were here last eve to swim, was great to see them.  Also great to get some use from our

pool.  Takes some work to keep it up and it's initial cost was around $17k.  Almost 3 times that to put in now.

Put ours in in 89.  Our granddaughter went home but the boys are staying for couple days. 

Was checking voltages in the Kenwood amplifier I'm working on and found different readings for pins on two

ICs that were supposed to be connected to each other.  Eventually found a broken jumper, must have somehow

gotten broke in the last couple years while I was working on it, installing the modification kits.  So see how it works

today.

Stay cool and enjoy the day all.

Ernie

JavaNY

Jun-1

Yes, much nicer weather today.  Enjoy everyone. 

Cocoa60

Jun-2

Good morning Paul and all.  We had storms with walls of rain yesterday, 64 in the AM so

cooling is just reaching us.  Humidity 99% but will drop.  Supposed to get more rain next

couple hours. 

Lost about $38.00 of parts in my Kenwood amp but lucky the guy I bought the mod kits

from gets me parts way below retail.  Would've been twice that.  So waiting parts again.

Grandboys are still here enjoying the pool.  Water has gotten up to 76 now, was 70 couple

days ago.   Our daughter is picking them up today so probably have some pizza. 

Our granddaughter graduates high school this month, happy to be going to her graduation.

We should have a graduation party for her.

Have a great day all.

Ernie

Anne2020

Jun-2

Wow, I have my dad's rotary phone from years and years ago.  When my Dad passed in 2003, I was astounded to find that he was still paying $5 a month rent of the phone and the phone company was actually billing/accepting the rental charge up to 2003.   I was very annoyed with the phone company for that and I let them know it too.  

My Dad's rotary is a cream colour phone.  Cheers to antiquities.

Cocoa60

Jun-3

Good morning Anne and all.  I would be disappointed at the rent also.  My dad's had been stored in a backroom for many years

and I asked about it when my sister was living there and taking care of him.  It had stopped working and was replaced.  They gave

it to me and I fixed it with the help of another person.  I get the 4 wire phone service just to use it.  Tried to use it on cable phone

service for years but barely worked.  Now the receiver cord opens intermittently so I need to fix that.  My mom replaced the

standard receiver cord when I was a teen because I pulled it off it's stand many times while talking on it.  Guess I was the first

of us kids that talked on the phone a lot.

Have a great day.

Ernie

Kittyarnold

Jun-5

Good morning all.....not many of us left here....but I would miss "us"  even tho I haven't been around much....a lovely sunny smoke free day....hope yours is too...

JavaNY

Jun-5

Enjoy the day, all. Nice weather in NYC also.