About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Denim50

This community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

SENSATIONAL SENIORS   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 8/23/15 by ModDee; 1852213 views.
JavaNY

Jun-22

Congrats to your granddaughter, Ernie. 

I occasionally remember dreams, twice a month. Generally, they are odd. 

Cocoa60

Jun-23

Good morning Paul and all.  I'm sure I still dream but no memory of them at all.  I remember lots

of them were scrambled or repeated themselves.  sometimes would remember them briefly when

I woke but soon gone.  I think way back I had dreams where I was smoking and it seemed an ordinary

thing to do, guess that makes them scary.  We all remember how hard it was to get out of that world.

Minutes were tough.  Never want to go back.

Got the pool vacuumed yesterday, was past due.  I got in the pool and cooled down afterward.  Had

to put in some PH- to lower the PH, it's routine with a salt water pool.  The chlorine the cell generates

doesn't work well if the PH is to high.

We have to go somewhere today to get our granddaughter a graduation present.  We don't have an

idea what to get yet.  Money gifts just fade and are forgotten.  I woke early and couldn't get back to

sleep so that's not going to help the day, maybe get back to sleep soon.  My sister has a grandson

graduating this week also.

Hope you all have a nice day.  Think a little rainy here, then temperature goes up near 90 for the weekend.

Ernie

Fun day granddaughter.

Kittyarnold

Jun-23

Hello all hope your day has been wonderful so far....quiet one for me.....breakfast lunch and nap....typical schedule for me.....a nap is an essential part of the day....stay free and happy.....

Cocoa60

Jun-24

Good morning Kitty and all.  Warmer day here in the 80s.  Wife's parents are going near a

reunion of her mother's side but they probably are stopping and staying in Wellsboro, PA

because of the heat.  Wife's dad grew up in the same town I did, that's how I met my wife

50 years ago even though she lived near Syracuse, NY. 

I took a few naps yesterday because of lack of sleep the night before.  Woke in the middle

of the night and got a leg cramp which woke me up further.  Mostly I scraped paint off the

Monte Carlos windows yesterday, think I got it all.  Some reason he put a clear coat on after

taking all the taped papers off the windows.  I went and found a new place for state inspections

because place I've been going to for decades doesn't seem to want my business anymore.  Not

sure what's going on with them.  Found a place I saw along the route Brandy and I used to walk

some mornings.  The old place was about 22 miles away where I worked a couple decades of my

career.

Today I'm going to a grandkids hs graduation, my sister in PA doing the same thing this week.  My

brother in PA is upset she isn't coming to help him this week, very ungrateful.  He never had any

kids so guess he doesn't see how blessed we are to be going to these events.  I sure do miss the little

girl but happy for her life.  I spent so much time with our first grandkid.  Have so many memories.

I have many projects to do but still haven't started planning them.  The life of a retiree. 

Very disappointed with disabled brother.  Insists I'm going to cut branches away from a live power line

on dads old property.  Says the service might give you a tingle.  220 VAC at 100 or 200 is like a king cobra,

lot more than a tingle.  He would need to have the power disconnected for me to mess with it.  Risk

enough to use a chainsaw up high.  Keeps bringing it up, one of the reasons I only go there every 14 days

or so now. 

Have a great day all.

Ernie

Granddaughter 6 years ago.

Kittyarnold

Jun-24

don't mess with electric wires unless power is off....and I have discovered that low magnesium is responsible for night time leg cramps.....I have avoided lots of cramps by taking magnesium within an hour of bedtime...........hope your day is wonderful....we are socked in with heavy fog.....

Kittyarnold

Jun-24

I am 84 and am shocked that Roe v Wade has been overturned....

Cocoa60

Jun-25

Good morning Kitty and all.  56 here this morn, thought it would be in the 60s.  I take a

magnesium tablet but around dinner time.  I expect leg cramps when I spend lots of time

on a ladder or using different leg muscles somehow, but don't think I did that day.

Knew we were in trouble when a rapist was put on the supreme court.  Was just the beginning,

still more to come. 

We went to our granddaughters graduation.  Was something to see, sad to have lost my little girl

but had to happen.  Wish my canine friends had only graduated but they're gone.  She's going to

SUNY Broome for Early Childhood Education to start.  Got some pictures on my Cannon camera

but I have to pull the memory card to get them transferred to this PC.  My sister's grandkid is joining

the Army, but that's where I saw that I needed college.

I mounted two more motion solar lights on the house wall towards the pool.  Was dark there since

our pole light is blocked from there.  Swapped the GPSs between the Subaru and the Monte Carlo

because the one has the speed on the right side where I need it in the Monte, it has a different

transmission than it was manufactured with and doesn't match the speedometer.  So have to keep

an eye on the GPS for my correct speed.

I know Kitty, my wife's aunt had a boyfriend killed cutting branches around a live power line.  Even

without that I know better.  A ground fault interrupt trips at around 20 milliamps or 20 thousandths

of an amp so playing around with 200 amps is reckless.  These branches are 10 to 15 inches around.

A home owner would need to prevent this from happening 15 years ago but dad was in poor health

and the brothers that were to inherit the property weren't thinking about the future. 

Very warm today, might be in the pool for a while.  Grandson is here again but only until later today.

Everyone enjoy the day and stay cool.

Ernie

Granddaughter at Oneida Lake many years ago.

Kittyarnold

Jun-25

First husband was a lineman.....I know I already said that.....lovely day....Brian mowed and I did little....very little.....hope your evening is quiet or noisy however you prefer..... 

Cocoa60

Jun-26

Good morning Kitty and all.  60 here this morn, a little warmer than lately, storms this eve,

I worked at a utility company last 17 years of my career but in a lab most of the time analyzing

and repairing remote terminal boards that control electric and gas flow.  We did go out to the

field and help the field techs, more some years than others depending on who was in power.

I tried taking magnesium at bedtime instead of dinner time.  Did sleep until the alarm went off

which doesn't happen that often, so hopeful it will help with leg cramps at night.  Usually only

happens when I use different leg muscles the day before., like working on a ladder, but didn't see

a reason for it the other night.  So thanks for the tip.

I just did odds and ends yesterday, 89 degrees here and warmer today.  It's illegal in NY for a

motorcycle to go ahead through a red light even if the bike doesn't trip the light.  Got a tip to

put magnets on the bottom of the bike and it may help so put two magnets on my bike yesterday.

I have gone through a red light when making a left turn because just sit there forever and can't

get over to make a right on red turn and try coming back through from a different direction. 

I know to look for the pads in the road and stop right at the stop line, just doesn't work at some

lights.

There were a lot of lawn mowers running last eve so wasn't quiet here.  Guess they were waiting

for the cooler evening air.  Would have preferred to live away from other hones but we were young

and poor when we moved here and couldn't be that picky.  Then the tornado caused us to invest

much more here.  Good chance wherever we lived so long ago, would've had others move in around

us by now anyway.  Glad to hear you got out a little for the mowing.

Have a great day.

Ernie

Granddaughter's graduation.

Pups are 6 months old now.

Kittyarnold

Jun-26

congrats on granddaughter graduation....she is so pretty.....glad you listened to her years ago....and I will hit 14 yrs in July....wow....still can't believe I made it....but so glad I did.....