About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Welcome January 2018 Ex Smokers   Introductions/Newcomers Nook

Started 12/27/17 by ModSue (VentasSue); 195448 views. (Closed)(Closed to new replies)
Bev_1977

2/2/18

Sue,

I knew there are no rules. We all have the same goal. Not everyone can do it in one shot.

My day is going OK. I had one huge crave after breakfast. I took a nap to handle that one. I had 2 huge craves after lunch. I just let it take it's course when I drank some coffee and chewed some Trident.

I'm still on the 21 mg patch. I have not had any 2 mg gum today. I have that as a back up for really bad craves. I have been waiting the crave out. I had 2 pieces yesterday, one in the morning and one after dinner.

How are you doing?

Bev

Quit January 17, 2018

Two weeks, two days, 5 hours, 20 minutes and 20 seconds. 486 cigarettes not smoked, saving $48.67. Life saved: 1 day, 16 hours, 30 minutes.

earth_americasearth_americas

SueP (josep2001)

2/2/18

Bev,

Sounds like you have things under control, which I hope stays that way.

I am doing well. We may be going to NJ Sunday to Monday for a Super Bowl Party at my nephews but depends on the weather - they are saying lots of snow and ice may be coming our way and if that happens my brother would not get back up his driveway and would need to get to his cat and bird. So is still up in the air.

Enjoy the rest of your afternoon...sue quit 3/17/2016

Bev_1977

2/2/18

Sue,

My last relapse was the shortest relapse I have ever had. Something was different. My relationship to them changed. I crave, but it's for nicotine, like the gum, not for smoke. I get that feeling in my chest, but I know that inhaling smoke won't cure it. 

My boyfriend and I are watching the super bowl here at my apartment on Sunday. Well, he will be watching it and I will be sitting next to him reading my book. I hate sports, but I am interested on the commercials that will be playing.

We got hit with some cold weather and we also got a little snow last night and this morning. It was so cold this morning, my boyfriend couldn't even finish his cigarette. I was appreciating my quit at that moment. I never smoked in my apartment. We have smoked in his, but since I started this most recent quit, he stopped smoking in his apartment. He doesn't even smoke in it when I'm not there.

In a few minutes I am leaving. I have to pick my bf up, run him on some errands, drop my son off at a bowling party, then go to my dad's for taxes. I won't be in here until tomorrow some time. Hope you have a good evening.

Bev

Quit January 17, 2018

Two weeks, two days, 5 hours, 39 minutes and 32 seconds. 487 cigarettes not smoked, saving $48.71. Life saved: 1 day, 16 hours, 35 minutes.

earth_americasearth_americas

SueP (josep2001)

2/2/18

Bev,

Sounds like you have a busy evening planned.

I will not be watching the bowl game either - never was in to football. We also plan on going to great nephew's basket ball game - he will be 10 in a couple months but spends most of his time with adults at pro foot ball games.

Have a good evening....sue quit 3/17/2016

Hi Sue, It was more than just a puff I think I smoked abut ten cigarettes, so it was a definite relapse not just a slip Anyway I take full responsibility for my actions I become option blind when I'm under stress I could see no other wa out. Back on the quit again after two cigarettes this morning.

Thanks for your support Sue

Have a great smoke free day

Kind regards

Anthony

3 hours, 41 minutes and 58 seconds. 5 cigarettes not smoked, saving $3.89. Life saved: 25 minutes.

Thanks Mustquit

We will carry on

Have a great smoke free day

kind regards

Anthony

Dear Sue,

My policy is one puff a slip one cigarette a relapse, I have not read the articles posted but to me If you repeatedly draw on a cigarette that's intentional and requires the conscious will and thus constitutes relapse.

Kind regards

Anthony

I hope so Bev

Kind regards

Anthony

SueP (josep2001)

2/2/18

Hi Anthony,

Yes I would have to agree with you that it was a relapse that you experienced. But glad to see you are back on a quit  again.

So now I guess you will be in the February group.

Hope you can make it this time - you sure are trying.

sue quit 3/17/2016

SueP (josep2001)

2/2/18

Makes sense Anthony

Have a good smoke free day/night....sue quit 3/17/2016