About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Denim50

This community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Fighting February MustQuiteers 2018   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 3/2/18 by slowblumer; 366827 views.
Cazza2468

3/12/22

Thank you lovely Denim the trueDuchess to us all. I’m sorry I didn’t get your private message but you can email me on tango 6079@gmail.com. It’s so lovely to be over two years quit and starting to be more relaxed and comfortable in myself.

it’s very sad that the forum is ending, it seems that it’s been a part of my life for a long long time. The first time I quit was in 2008 for eight years and then I had to come back and do it all again after throwing away a very good week. So I have been here a long time and I can’t imagine it not being here any more. I’ve met so many people here and had lots of fun and laughs along the way.  We really did have a lot of fun back then when we started the fighting February musketeers. A lot of us are now quit and there’s some who is still giving it ago. I hope they all end up successful in the end.

A lot of us are now quit and there’s some who is still giving it ago. I hope they all end up successful in the end.

You’ve always been such a fun person around forum and you’ve helped so many people. I wish I do great things for you my friend and the very best for the future.

queen caz for one last timerelaxed

Denim50

3/12/22

Hey Caz, 

Thank you. I would love to keep in contact. However, I'm looking at your email address and see: tango 6079@gmail.com. Is there supposed to be a space between tango and 6079? Or is it suppose to be together? I just want to make sure I enter it correctly, thanks. relaxed 

Talk more soon. 

Denim50

3/28/22

The forum is remaining open and I hope you both return soon. 

Hugs. 

Have a great day. relaxed 

CC to Jatchat
Cazza2468

3/28/22

Well good morning Duchess

I was happy to see that you are going to take over the forum. And I’ll certainly drop in on a regular basis and say hi and often newbies bits and pieces of information if I can. I hope you have a great day and we’ll talk soon.

Caz

Denim50

3/28/22

Dearest Queen Caz, 

Thank you for that and so much more. Great to see you back! blush 

Talk soon. 

Jatchat

3/28/22

I have just come in from my 6Km walk, and I find your message Denim. That's great news, I have just started another quit, so I will probably need support, and it's great that I also may be able to offer encouragement to others.

Congratulations!

In Christ

Anthony

Denim50

3/28/22

Hey Anthony, 

Thank you! It's so great to see you back here and to know that you're giving quitting another go. I know one will stick. Just stay stay in the moment. Are you using nrt again or cold turkey? Is your wife also giving it another go? I think it's terrific that you're walking like that too. Excercise is not only great for our overall health but also a wonderful distraction during cessation. Thank you for encouraging others also. When is your quit date? Again, I'm so happy that you and Caz are both back. blush 

Talk more soon. 

Jatchat

3/28/22

It's a pleasure Denim to be back, I'm just having a Decaf coffee before I head into my study. I am using NRT, one last night when I reached for a pckt of cigs and it was empty, I panicked my crutch for life had been taken away!! I dived for a lozenge, then this morning I had one lozenge before my walk, and met with friends before lunch time, visited my son, and came home. And now I am writing to you. No my wife is not joining me this time, but is trying to smoke less than 10/day, down from 15/day. My quit date is Monday 28th March at 10:10 pm. I am now drinking filtered water, and the cravings are manageable.

• Edited March 28, 2022 10:18 pm  by  Jatchat
Denim50

3/30/22

Hey Anthony, 

How's the new quit going so far? I'm glad she's cutting the number of them down and that you've got supplies to help you with your quit. I'm sure having the active schedule to keep you busy and distracted is a great help too. If you cut a white straw about the same length as a cigarette and keep it with you it's a great help for those moments when you feel like reaching for one and just miss that feeling of having one in your hand. It tricks the mind a bit I think. It helped me when I first quit and maybe worth a go for you too. Just a thought. Please remember to post too if you need a bit of added support. We're here for you. Stay in the moment, a day at a time. You can do this. 

• Edited March 30, 2022 11:51 pm  by  Denim50