About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

March Warriors 2018   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 3/30/18 by slowblumer; 370667 views.
Rassister

3/29/20

Hey!    
I made it here and looked for everybody I could find. It felt really good to see everybody.  I’m so happy that the stores that carry the brownies cake and fruit salad are not really close to my home.  If they were I would get dressed and see if they could put something on the front porch:)))). Not going anywhere these days. Just not worth it.  I will check back in tonight.  

Denim50

3/29/20

Hey Marilyn, 

Don’t really know where everyone got off to but so happy to see all of these post from you today. I’m glad you’re staying home and staying safe. I think this situation has everyone a bit on edge and understandably so too. Please continue to keep in touch as you get a chance. I hope everyone stays in contact from time to time. The fellas are a bit absent lately. I hope they check in too. I hope you have plenty of supplies. A lot of things are getting scare these days. I think it’s wonderful that you’re reaching out to all of your family members and forming stronger bonds with them throughout this. I spoke with one of my relatives tonight too. I also received a message from a dear friend of ours. I’ll post about it to everyone in a minute.  How is the online teaching going? It’s both strange and sad how the whole world has changed so quickly. It’s..you know..I’ve called it so many things and yet every word I choose seems to fall inadequate, no matter what you call it, it seems worse than the definition. Count our Blessings these days where we find them and be doubly grateful for each. Speaking of that, I’m so grateful for all of you too. So keep staying safe and staying in touch. Love you all. Okay, I’m going to make that other post I mentioned. 

Hugs.   

• Edited March 29, 2020 11:07 pm  by  Denim50
Denim50

3/29/20

Hey Warriors, 

I’ve heard from our dear Becka today. She said she’s fine and she asked me to “Please let everyone know I’m thinking of them and wishing them safety and peace in these crazy times.” 

Cazza2468

3/30/20

Oh denim what an amazing fruit salad. I could do with right about now cause I spent the last 2 hours digging in the garden and I’m well and truely done!  Amazing what can be achieved when you can’t leave the house ha ha.  

It great to be back and good to catch up with old friends

caz

Denim50

3/30/20

Hey Caz, 

It’s great to be here with you too. It really is amazing all we’re accomplishing. I need to get out there and do some work on mine but I’m finding things I need to do inside too. Funny but I do one thing and before I’m finished I’m already thinking of something else that may need done, lol. Who knew I was so lacking before or just so overly bored now? Idk which, lol. I’m definitely going to blame it on the latter though. Happily sending you fruit salad and fruit with chocolate fondue.       Sit back, relax, and put your feet up, and pamper yourself. That’s what I’m doing at the moment but after that cake I’m telling myself it’s exercise, lol. Getting into the initial sitting position (knee bend), putting up feet (leg lifts), typing this (hand exercises), relaxing (exerxises in meditation), being thankful I have my feet up because this  ____’s getting deep (exercise in gratitude), laughing at this nonsense I’m writing (breathing exercises). joy Who knew as tired as we feel we could still conquer a workout like that?! I think we should reward ourselves with a bit of that scrumptious fruit, lol. We definitely deserve it. yum 

• Edited March 30, 2020 2:29 am  by  Denim50
Rassister

3/30/20

Good Morning Denim,

Nothing better than waking up with a post from you full of brownies, fudge and fruit salad!!  I have none of these things. Since I am staying in, I am cleaning out my freezer.  Hoping that by the time all of the food is gone, the pandemic will be over.  Sunny and about 55 here today.  Will be around later this evening.  Sending out work to my kiddos now and then need to do 11-1 shift and be available for the parents.  Thank you for the nudge to get back on the forum.  I do feel so much better! 

hugs

CindiS319

3/30/20

Hi Marilyn,

Good to see you on here too.  I am worried about my parents and talked to them yesterday.  All my mom does is send me these weird things about the virus on Facebook.  Drives me crazy!  lol  I guess she just has nothing else to do.  I've been working from home for the past 2 weeks.  I don't mind it too much, it's just way different.  I make sure to take a shower in the morning and do my hair and put on some sort of clothes...as opposed to being in my pajamas all day.  Plus we do zoom meetings so I need to look presentable.  It's a whole different world right now...that's for sure.  Gary keeps wanting to go visit friends and I keep telling him "we can't do that!".  I'm not sure what he don't get.  He sure is smoking a lot more being home.  I have to admit I have been more tempted to smoke these last 2 weeks...probably because I'm just bored a lot.  Trying to keep myself busy somehow.  Well, keep safe and healthy and talk to you soon!  Big hugs!

CindiS319

3/30/20

Hi Denim, So sorry I didn't get a chance to answer you sooner.  I don't even know what I've been doing really or what day it is.  Oh yeah, it's Monday because I'm actually working (well not now I'm writing to you...lol).  I talked to my mom yesterday and they seem to be doing ok.  I do worry about them though.  My dad isn't really working right now (he works part time at Napa auto parts) so I think he applied for unemployment.  My daughter is still in Columbus doing her own thing.  School is only online now so I'm not even sure how much of that she's doing.  But her business is video games so I'm sure she's getting LOTS of business from these kids (and adults) that are home playing games.  I'm not sure how my non-smoking friends are doing.  They are from the Eagles club and we are closed right now.  Hopefully they're doing well.  Hope you're able to keep busy during this time.  I feel like I'll be ok for another month like this but it might start getting to me.  Who knows, this might become our new normal.  I haven't been painting...just not in the mood for it.  I have been doing a puzzle though, which is something I haven't done in 20 years.  It's teaching me to have patience...which I have little of.  lol  Gotta run.... take care and stay healthy!  Big hugs!

Denim50

4/1/20

Hey Suzy, 

Where did you go? Please check back in. Starting to miss you again. Hugs. 

Denim50

4/1/20

Hey Caz, 

Did you do more work in the garden? I’ve been trying to keep busy around here and not look at the news quite as often the last couple of days. I hope we’re all doing okay and staying safe. Seems no one posted yesterday. I’m going get on here a little bit each day. I hope all of our wonderful quit buddies continue to check in too. After I log out I’ll try to get back on again a little later. Sending you hugs and a salad. blush