About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Smoke Free Warriors 2018   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 7/31/18 by slowblumer; 259817 views.
Molly010

10/30/19

What a great little meme!  Made me laugh since I wear glasses myself to read.  

My pups are doing really well now.  Had a bit of a rough start with my new doggie.  He snapped a couple of times at my boyfriend, but it turned out he had a really bad ear infection and was just protecting his ears.  Poor baby.  I felt like a bad fur mama for not noticing right away, but he had so many other issues when we first got him.  We got the ear problem taken care of and he is doing so much better!  He gets along with our other dog really well.  

His name is captain but I call him old man dog because he is a senior and he did have a lot of issues when we first brought him home.  

Do you have any pets?  I suppose cats would be easier because you don't have to walk them, but kitty litter is probably not a fun thing to deal with. 

I have had that smoking dream three or four times, but it had been a while.  Always glad to wake up and realize it was just a dream.  

Hope you are having a great week!  Talk to you soon.  Hoping to hear from Gloria soon too.  :)  

Denim50

10/31/19

Hey Molly, 

I use them to read too. I’m glad you found out about the ear infection and that the he’s doing better, that’s wonderful. You shouldn’t feel bad. You did a good thing giving him a home and tending to his many issues, including this one. He’s a lucky little fella and quite loved I’m sure. I’m so happy the two of them get along so good too. It’s terrific for each of them to have a companion. No, I don’t have any pets, did before though. I’ve had a great week, thanks. I hope you have too. I’m going to go and post congratulations to Gloria, maybe she’ll see it, idk, and I’m looking forward to congratulating you tomorrow. Movin’ on toward year two, who would have imagined when we joined? So cool. Have a great evening and Happy Halloween.  

Denim50

10/31/19

Hey Gloria, 

Congratulations on fifteen months smoke free! We’re all missing you around here. I hope you’ve been having a wonderful day. It’s been raining and the rain is really picking up, it’s thundering too. I wonder if this will be the last thunderstorm of the season, idk. How are you doing? And your Dad and brother? Are the pups still chasing the car? I hope everyone is doing good. They’re predicting the nights are going to be cold throughout the weekend. A family member in the upper midwest said they’re getting snow. So happy we aren’t getting any yet. Thank goodness. Molly, JR, and I have left you messages. We all hope you’ll stop back by again soon. Have a great night and huge congrats, fifteen months is awesome!  

Denim50

11/1/19

CONGRATULATIONS MOLLY! 

Hey Molly, 

Congrats on fifteen months smoke free! Hope you have a great day. Hugs.  

Molly010

11/1/19

Thank you Denim!  I have had a good day today.  Looking forward to the weekend.  :)  How was your halloween?  We didn't get any trick or treaters but we usually don't.  Although I usually like to watch scary movies, I ended up going to bed early because I was so tired.  

I have not heard from Gloria.  I may try to message her and see how she is doing.  Have a good weekend!

BMann (bmann018)

11/3/19

I hate you, we had over 700 Halloween kids as we always do. My wife loves halloween and will always decorate and be ready with treats. Most of our neighbors close down their houses. 

I am happy to see you still skipping forward after 15 months. Ain't it great we don't have to stress anymore regarding that stinking habit. I think about smoking every now and then, but never enough to remember its value.

Take care, enjoy limited trick or treaters and stay strong.

Denim50

11/4/19

Hey Lori, 

Congratulations on sixteen months smoke free! I’m sorry I’m a late but hope you had a wonderful day yesterday and have a great one today. Hope you’re doing good and enjoying the Fall Season. Hugs.  

• Edited November 4, 2019 8:58 am  by  Denim50
Brenda (1sept19)

11/4/19

BMann (bmann018) said:

I think about smoking every now and then, but never enough to remember its value.

I like that.  Thank you !!

Denim50

11/5/19

Hey JR, 

I know you’ll be off on your cruise this week, so wanted to go ahead and wish you happy thirteen months. I thought you might like the cruise ship cake. I hope you’ll post us when you get back. So happy for you. Hope you have a wonderfully fun time. You so deserve it. Bon Voyage and safe travels.  

• Edited November 5, 2019 3:57 pm  by  Denim50
Molly010

11/5/19

LOL Brian!

I wouldn't mind a trick a treater or two, but we never get any.  I put up a few decorations this year which didn't seem to help.  It is great not to have to stress anymore about the habit.  I recently dreamed about it and had not had a smoking dream for a long time.  Felt so strange and I smoked a cigarette that was not a brand I usually smoked.  It was a relief when I woke up and realized it was a dream.  I felt awful during the dream thinking I gave up 15 months!!  

How are you doing?  It's great to hear from you.  Thanksgiving is coming up already in a couple of weeks.  One of my favorite holidays because we don't travel and I have a four day weekend off from work.   My boyfriend and I really enjoy the peace and quiet.  Hope you have a great holiday if I don't hear form you.