About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

September Ash-Kickers 2018   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 10/1/18 by ModSue (VentasSue); 187029 views.
awaken1961

10/17/19

You know what today is brother, 13 big ones !!!! how you doing ? 

Denim50

10/19/19

Hey Wuffie, 

I wanted to stop by and say hi again. Btw, I love your last post, lol. How are you doing? I’m still trying to get a bit of the weight off I put on after quitting. I’d like to get back to what I weighed before. I’m not quite there yet but definitely getting closer, thankfully. This weekend I’m trying to get some things done around here before the weather turns even colder. I’m also trying to get some things back out that I had put away last season. Okay, I’m going to go grab a bite to eat and hopefully get some more of this stuff done. Hope you’re having a wonderful weekend. Talk again soon. 

• Edited October 19, 2019 1:41 pm  by  Denim50
Wuffie34

10/19/19

I'm doing pretty good! How are you? I really worked at not gaining while quitting and I think I put on like 5 pounds. I have always struggled to stay a reasonable weight, so that was really important to me. You will get the last of the weight off, it just takes time. It was a balmy 85 here this afternoon and will be in the 90s tomorrow. After that, things should be cooling off some here. I'm ready for some cold!! Love exercising in it!! Hope you've had a productive day!! Take care and will talk again soon!!

• Edited October 19, 2019 7:48 pm  by  Wuffie34
Denim50

10/19/19

Hey Wuffie, 

I’m glad you’re doing good. I go back to the dr. later this week. Hopefully, that’ll go good. Thank you so much for your encouragement with the weight. I’m so glad to hear that you kept a eye on your weight, I wish I had. It was 62 here, supposed to be 64 tomorrow. Did you get the pm I sent several days ago? I spent the day trying to take care of something’s around here I wanted to do before it gets too cold. Didn’t get as much of it done as I wanted but managed to get part of it. I’ll try to do a little bit more tomorrow (fingers crossed). I hope you have a good evening. Talk again soon.  

Wuffie34

10/19/19

I'll check!! Sometimes I'm not the best at keeping up with things!!

Vic091718

10/22/19

Wassuppppp my Pats fan bro. All is good here. Go Nats!!!!!  I hope everyone is doing well. Hugs all around. too if you’re behaving.

Vic091718

10/22/19

Cc everyone else too!!!

Mrissa

10/22/19

Hey Vic,

I'm watching my veggies spring up. The seedlings are all emerging in my garden. 

This year I planted carrot, kale, broccoli, brussel sprout, cauliflower, romaine, butter lettuce, red lettuce, black seeded simpson, parsley, dill, tomato, swiss chard, onion, radish, beets and green beans!

I wonder what kind of smoothie you and Wuffie could make out of that?? smile

CC to Wuffie34
Nanp123

10/22/19

Hey Vic and all!

Go Pats!!! Next year I am getting off the ship on Super Bowl Sunday instead of seeing the game on the ship :(  Wonder if the Pats will be playing wink

Hope everyone is staying strong.  I find it so easy to do these days. Even the whispers are quieting down. I do enjoy spending time with my grandkids and not wondering how am I going to sneak away for a butt! I never realized how stressful smoking had become! 

Thanks for the cookies Vic - they were yummy.  Did you take your trip yet? I am looking forward to my cruise. 3 days in So Beach before and then 7 nights on Oasis with the BEST piano man ever! 

Msg 3843.2508 deleted