About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

September Ash-Kickers 2018   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 10/1/18 by ModSue (VentasSue); 152465 views.
awaken1961

Oct-23

wow, what a garden, must be huge !

Wuffie34

Oct-29

Yummy!! Definitely kale and carrot in one!!

Mrissa

Oct-30

Hey there,

I hope you are doing well! 

My garden is a decent size plot at a community gardens space... The property is quite large with fruit trees and an herb garden that we all tend to and share. We just harvested a bunch of star fruit. There's some cherry trees too that are coming up.

The garden has been such a gift to me because I received my plot two months into my quit. I had been on a waiting list for awhile.

Gardening became a place to go to distract, manage and cope through the withdrawal period of cessation!

I love it now.

Have you picked up any new hobbies or recreations since your quit?

Mrissa

Mrissa

Oct-30

You got it! Well I think I'll just pass the ingredients over to the chef and he can cook you one up! Here you go Vic!

How have you been doing Wuffie? Have you found a peace in your quit? How's work going?

I hope you are doing well 

Mrissa 

Vic091718

Nov-17

Hi all. Just saying hi. Hope everyone is doing well. Happy 14 months Awaken!  Happy Thanksgiving to everyone. 

Nanp123

Nov-17

Hello Vic!

It will be a Happy Thanksgiving this year, no jeebies  like last year! Wishing you all a wonderful holiday season!  Stay safe, stay strong.  

Nancy

CC to MrissaWuffie34
awaken1961

Nov-18

just stopping by to say hello to you all, keep it going !!

Wuffie34

Nov-18

I believe I have found some peace. Work is the same smile I've been lying low working on some personal things now that I'm over the worst of cessation. I still come and read in between and hopefully soon I can maybe help others from time to time. How is everything your way? Hope all is well! A big hello to everyone else as well!  Hope everyone is ready for the holidays!!

Mrissa

Nov-18

Hey,

I'm glad that you have found some peace in the quit.

I relate to working on some personal things now that the worst of cessation is over...

A lot of what I'm focusing on is relational because nicotine addiction filled relational spaces of my life.

I'm relearning people priorities and satisfaction in relationships... I'm a little awkward but that's ok ... I'm learning. 

I'm glad everyone is hanging in there and thriving in our new lives smoke free... I'll definitely be keeping in touch.

14 months is incredible! We are almost to 1 1/2 years!! Very cool. 2 years will be a big milestone too. Statistics of relapse go waaayyy down after 2 years too.

Keeping keeping on

God bless everyone!!!

Happiest Thanksgiving to you all!

Wuffie34

Nov-30

Hope everyone had an awesome Thanksgiving!! Christmas is right around the corner and I am working on decorating. I bought a new tree and it's almost nice enough to not decorate. I really like the bare look these days so maybe I will just use a light hand with ornaments this year. Maybe just the buri woodland creatures this year. How is everyone doing? Hope all is smooth and no one got injured shopping yesterday!!