About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

September Ash-Kickers 2018   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 10/1/18 by ModSue (VentasSue); 191405 views.
awaken1961

11/18/19

just stopping by to say hello to you all, keep it going !!

Wuffie34

11/18/19

I believe I have found some peace. Work is the same smile I've been lying low working on some personal things now that I'm over the worst of cessation. I still come and read in between and hopefully soon I can maybe help others from time to time. How is everything your way? Hope all is well! A big hello to everyone else as well!  Hope everyone is ready for the holidays!!

Mrissa

11/18/19

Hey,

I'm glad that you have found some peace in the quit.

I relate to working on some personal things now that the worst of cessation is over...

A lot of what I'm focusing on is relational because nicotine addiction filled relational spaces of my life.

I'm relearning people priorities and satisfaction in relationships... I'm a little awkward but that's ok ... I'm learning. 

I'm glad everyone is hanging in there and thriving in our new lives smoke free... I'll definitely be keeping in touch.

14 months is incredible! We are almost to 1 1/2 years!! Very cool. 2 years will be a big milestone too. Statistics of relapse go waaayyy down after 2 years too.

Keeping keeping on

God bless everyone!!!

Happiest Thanksgiving to you all!

Wuffie34

11/30/19

Hope everyone had an awesome Thanksgiving!! Christmas is right around the corner and I am working on decorating. I bought a new tree and it's almost nice enough to not decorate. I really like the bare look these days so maybe I will just use a light hand with ornaments this year. Maybe just the buri woodland creatures this year. How is everyone doing? Hope all is smooth and no one got injured shopping yesterday!! 

Vic091718

11/30/19

Hi gang!  Looking forward to NO smoke breaks in the cold snow - haha.  I am happily getting in the Christmas mood!  The best time of the year!!!  All is good here - hope the same with you!  Stay strong. 

awaken1961

12/2/19

all is well here, glad you all are doing fine, final stretch of the year ! 

Denim50

12/7/19

Hey Mrissa, 

Congratulations on reaching fifteen months smoke free yesterday! I hope you had a great day Friday and that you’re having a wonderful weekend. Hugs.  

Denim50

12/9/19

Hey Wuffie, 

Congratulations on fifteen months smoke free! I hope you have a wonderful day!  I’m sending you a pm. I also hope you’re enjoying the Holiday Season and staying warm. It’s a cold rain here today.  

• Edited December 9, 2019 12:52 pm  by  Denim50
Vic091718

12/24/19

Hi all. Just checking in. All is well. I lost the gingerbread house contest in my house again. All kids are home - best part of Christmas.  I’m almost done shopping. Work is the same. Staying home this year.  So ready for playoffs!  Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah and Happy New Year!  

Nanp123

12/24/19

Merry Christmas! Just got back from the local lobster pound. Scallop & lobster pie for Christmas dinner. Tonight is Chinese food with the kids & grandkids. Next month is my long awaited cruise on Oasis of the Seas with the piano man! Lol! Still not smoking and the whispers have pretty much gone away. I am confident that i’ve got this and loving not smoking. Plus whenever I go shopping & see something that I like, I usually get it because I am not buying cigarettes! Win win! Wishing you all a wonderful holiday and a great new year!

Nancy

CC to MrissaWuffie34