About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

September Ash-Kickers 2018   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 10/1/18 by ModSue (VentasSue); 278298 views.
Denim50

Sep-7

Hey Mrissa, 

Over half way to exchanging those keys for wings. Congratulations on 3 years!  

Denim50

Sep-7

Hey everyone, 

Just wanted to say hello. Missing you around here, thinking of you, and hoping everyone is doing well. 

Hugs. 

RoberTu

Sep-7

Thanks very much Denim, so nice to hear from you.  Three years now, half of it with a pandemic!  I am looking after my fitness, bicycling about 100 km per week, fasting for 17 hours per day, hoping to live a long and happy and healthy life.  Best wishes and love to all ex-smokers.  Robert

Denim50

Sep-9

Hey Robert, 

Great to hear from you!

Yeah, it’ll be nice when the pandemic is finally over, but who knows when that may be. Things had started to look up a little bit but then the number of cases started climbing again. 

I’m happy to hear you’re doing good, taking care of yourself, and staying fit. I think that’s so important these days and that’s a very impressive regimen you’ve got going there. Good for you. 

I try to leave the lights on, as does Vic, from time to time, so I hope you’ll also post as you get a chance. It really is great to hear from you again. 

Also, I would love to hear more about fasting some time. I’ve seen one show that said it was a excellent way to lose body fat. They were saying to only eat during a six hour span and to fast other 18 hours. However, I see your fasting 17 hours. Whichever or however it works, I’d love to hear a bit more about it and would greatly appreciate any advice you may be able to offer, if you have the time and wouldn’t mind. Thanks. relaxed 

I’m gonna go ahead and post this, and one to Wuffie, but will post more again soon. 

Have a great day. 

• Edited September 9, 2021 10:51 pm  by  Denim50
Vic091718

Sep-17

Hi all.  I do still leave the window open. So nice to hear from everybody. I hope good health is leading the way.  Congrats on the 3 year victory!  today I join that club.  Stay safe and keep in touch.  ‍??‍??‍??

CC to MrissaWuffie34
Denim50

Sep-17

Hey Vic, 

Congratulations on three years! Didn’t forget, actually made a graphic for you and Awaken yesterday. Logged in today, made a couple of post and had to log back out. I just logged in again now to get them posted and I missed you, by about three plus hours, sorry about that but it’s still great to see you here. Btw, my cake may not be as tasty as yours but hopefully it’s the effort that counts today, lol. Cheers to you! The summer was so hot that the flowers wilted and the grass turned brown. The summer was really dry too. Then, we finally got a bit of rain to amount to something and now the grass has taken a huge growth spurt, lol, and just in time for fall to set in and start stopping it. Bit ironic but anyway…. Took a trip, reconnected with a couple of old friends, re-did one room and redecorated two others. Nothing overtly exciting to report but it was great to get the house redone, take a trip, and be surprised by friends I hadn’t seen in several decades. As I told Robert, I also put a little weight back on unfortunately, so now I’m trying to get it back off again. Bright side is it isn’t that much, not like when we all first quit, thankfully. I still stay close here, as often as I can. Still keep in touch with some quit-buddies. Two friends of mine passed this year, not from Covid. One went in for surgery and he didn’t ever fully recover. The other from his heart. Miss both of them. That’s about all the news here for now. So what have you been up to? How have you been? I hope all is going good with you. Please keep in touch from time to time if you get a chance. It’s nice to hear from you again. Anyway, I’m going to go ahead and post this because I want to congratulate Awaken too. Hope you’re having a great day. Stay safe, healthy, and happy.  

P.S. Sending you a pm too. 

Denim50

Sep-17

Hey Awaken, 

Congratulations on three years today! I hope you’re enjoying your special day and having a wonderful and happy September. I wrote a short book to Vic about what’s been going on with me. I hope you’ll stop back in here sometime and let us hear from you too. Life goes on and people get busy, and the thread naturally gets a bit quieter, but it’s still great to hear from everyone from time to time and it would be terrific to hear from you too. Anyway, again, congratulations and I hope you’re doing well. I look forward to hearing from you again some time. Stay safe, healthy, and happy. Have a great weekend. Cheers!  

Vic091718

Sep-17

You are way too sweet!!!! Very artistically talented too. Glad you saw some old friends. Sorry for the ones you lost. East coast has plenty of rain. I did get a new roof. The rest of the house is good. Yard always needs help though. But all in all we’ve been fortunate. All is good here. Kids, family, friends - no serious COVID issues. Luckily just simple symptoms for those that got it.  Most are now vaccinated. some caught the variant. Was just minor congestion.  I tested positive for antibodies early March last year but was never sick that I recall. I got Pfizer twice jabbed anyway. Suffered enlarged heart symptom for a week - arghhh!!  We’re a lucky group here. Must be my cooking.  Haha. Closed my engineering company in December. Got to be too time consuming. I’m now doing freelance design and consulting for a local firm here and for my clients in about 12 states.  I’m so overpaid but I’ll take it. I’ll keep going for a while. I like playing golf too much. I still cook up a feast for everyone. My better half n me went on a 2 week coastline B&B trip in CA this summer. Was a blast!  Reminded me when I motorcycle toured the west coast after college.  Anyway I’ll keep in touch. Take care of yourself.

A big hello all Ash-Kickers!!!

CC to awaken1961
  • Edited September 17, 2021 10:11 pm  by  Vic091718
awaken1961

Sep-24

Just wanted to stop by and say hello hope everyone is well !