About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

August Champions 2015   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 9/3/15 by ModDee; 325673 views.
MomandNana

7/19/19

Hey!

I still have to pick him & Noah up from school on occasion so yes, I get my fix! Lol

My digestive problem has been a lot better as of late. I went to an integrative health center while I was in GA two weeks ago. I believe I’m finally going to get the help I need.

I had my 2 week (phone) follow-up to go over all of my labs. They took around 10 vials of blood, lol! There are a few areas where I need support right now....Nutritional & digestive. The other areas will wait to see how I respond to supplemental treatment....Hormones. Fixing the other areas may balance my hormones but if not, I can start bioidentical hrt when/if necessary. 

I feel pretty good though! I started back at the gym and also plan to start walking at the beach again. I’m also going to add rebounding. I’m hoping to reach my goal weight by next spring. I think I will!!

Did you go with the name Pippa? That is SOOOO CUTE!! 

My son has a new baby too. I think I’m his new mommy, lol! I won’t tell his fiancé who loves him to death. Hopefully the pic posts.

Lets talk soon!

Kim

slowblumer

8/12/19

Hi August 2015 Champions,

A quit buddy said something that reminded me that you guys are at the 4 year point this month.  How about that!!!

You were/are one strong buddy group.  Next stop... your wings.

--

Congratulations......

amfsmokefree

8/13/19

Hi Marge!! 

Thank you so much! I can't believe it - 4 whole years! It has been so long that I almost forget I ever smoked sometimes! Cravings are so few and far between, and I will keep it that way forever! My hubby and I plan to start a family in the next couple of years, and quitting 4 years ago was the best thing I could have done for us! :)

AMF

amfsmokefree

8/13/19

Hi Kim!!

Wow - its August - which means we are closing in to our 4 year anniversary! Some days I look back and think "Wow I used to be a smoker" but honestly, most days cigarettes don't even cross my mind - and I am so thankful for that!

We did go with the name Pippa - though we tend to call her Pip a lot - or sometimes Pipsqueak! LOL she is a HOOT and a half - such a goofball - but girl, a lot of work! OHH your sons puppy is so stinkin cute - what is his name?! He is so tinyyy! He looks like hes part pitbull, maybe? We have a pittie in the family, and she is the biggest baby - such a sweetheart ;) We actually brought Pippa to her first puppy play class last night for socialization and she did pretty well - a trainer/doggy daycare place has one for small dogs every Monday, so we plan to do that weekly to get her used to being around other dogs!

I am glad to hear things with your health have been better - imagine how they would be if you were still smoking? Gosh - I feel like I always had a cold, or bronchitis, or something when I smoked - and was SO crazy that even sick as a dog, I would still go smoke one! How awesome you are going to the gym - girl - thats more than me!! haha I need to - but somehow I always make excuses!! I am still working on my CPA and have ONE MORE exam to finish! I am so close!! I am actually planning to take a personal leave from work for a month so I can just knock the last one out once and for all! I feel like I have been studying forever! hahah I just need that chapter to be over, so I can move on and have time for things like the gym! 

Okay - back to work! Talk to you soon! :)

((hugs))

AMF

kittymom413

8/27/19

Congratulations, AMF!!! 4 years smoke free, you really are a champion!!!

(((BIG HUGS)))

Kitty cat

MomandNana

8/30/19

Thanks so much, Marge!!

Hugs and kisses

Kim

MomandNana

8/30/19

Hi Angela!

YAY, FOUR YEARS down! 

Today is my actual nonsmokaversay! I feel SO PROUD of myself and you and all of us August Champions! 

I feel the same as you....it’s hard to remember being a smoker....or needing that fix. Last weekend I was at a friends house where the wife (my girl) smokes. She and I used to be smoke buddies. Well....when she steps away  to have her fix, I usually stay wherever I’m at until she’s done. This time, I went with her while we talked. The smell of the smoke was horrendous!! Strangely, I always felt that way even while I puffed away, lol. I can say with confidence.....I will NEVER smoke again! I know that’s not “politically correct” but I won’t!!! The great thing is we discussed her upcoming quit day!! I’m so happy for her! 

Your new doggie sounds adorable! Pipsqueak!!! LOVE IT!! My sons dog is a full pit....he’s soooo big now! I’ll try to post a pic again.

I’ve been committed to the gym and doing great! I also go bike riding with hubby 4 days a week!! I feel really good! The weight isn’t dropping off yet but I’m gaining muscle so it’s only a matter of time. I finally have an eating plan in place so hopefully, I’ll reach my goal by December.

I’m so happy to hear you only have one test left, good going!! Your future is bright my friend! 

Well, I’m off to the gym so I’ll check in again later, take care!! <3 <3 <3

Kim

p.s. CONGRATS!!!

kittymom413

9/4/19

Kim,

I'm so sorry that I missed your 4th smoke-free anniversary. We've all come such a long way in 4 years. Hope you had an awesome weekend celebrating!!

(((BIG HUGS)))

Kittycat

MomandNana

9/6/19

Hi Kitty!

I haven’t talked to you in so long. It’s all good girl! Your anniversary is coming up too so congrats to you as well!!

Hugs!

Kim

Brenda (1sept19)

9/7/19

So proud of all you August Champions 2015.  4 years free sounds so wonderful .  I plan to get there one step, one day at a time.  I just wanted to say congratulations to you all !!