About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

August Champions 2015   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 9/3/15 by ModDee; 325461 views.
MomandNana

8/30/19

Hi Angela!

YAY, FOUR YEARS down! 

Today is my actual nonsmokaversay! I feel SO PROUD of myself and you and all of us August Champions! 

I feel the same as you....it’s hard to remember being a smoker....or needing that fix. Last weekend I was at a friends house where the wife (my girl) smokes. She and I used to be smoke buddies. Well....when she steps away  to have her fix, I usually stay wherever I’m at until she’s done. This time, I went with her while we talked. The smell of the smoke was horrendous!! Strangely, I always felt that way even while I puffed away, lol. I can say with confidence.....I will NEVER smoke again! I know that’s not “politically correct” but I won’t!!! The great thing is we discussed her upcoming quit day!! I’m so happy for her! 

Your new doggie sounds adorable! Pipsqueak!!! LOVE IT!! My sons dog is a full pit....he’s soooo big now! I’ll try to post a pic again.

I’ve been committed to the gym and doing great! I also go bike riding with hubby 4 days a week!! I feel really good! The weight isn’t dropping off yet but I’m gaining muscle so it’s only a matter of time. I finally have an eating plan in place so hopefully, I’ll reach my goal by December.

I’m so happy to hear you only have one test left, good going!! Your future is bright my friend! 

Well, I’m off to the gym so I’ll check in again later, take care!! <3 <3 <3

Kim

p.s. CONGRATS!!!

kittymom413

9/4/19

Kim,

I'm so sorry that I missed your 4th smoke-free anniversary. We've all come such a long way in 4 years. Hope you had an awesome weekend celebrating!!

(((BIG HUGS)))

Kittycat

MomandNana

9/6/19

Hi Kitty!

I haven’t talked to you in so long. It’s all good girl! Your anniversary is coming up too so congrats to you as well!!

Hugs!

Kim

Brenda (1sept19)

9/7/19

So proud of all you August Champions 2015.  4 years free sounds so wonderful .  I plan to get there one step, one day at a time.  I just wanted to say congratulations to you all !!

MomandNana

9/8/19

Do exactly what you’re doing and you will get there too! It always helped me to pledge every day and participate a lot in mine and others groups. You can do this!!

Kim

kittymom413

9/8/19

You've got this Brenda!! Stay strong in your quit!!! Don't listen to the nico-demon about "just having one" because that's a lie!!

If you ever need us, we are all here for you, even us long time quitters relaxed

Have an amazing smoke-free day,

(((BIG HUGS)))

Kitty cat

MomandNana

3/21/20

Hi!

With everything going on, I wanted to check in on everyone. I pray you’re all staying safe! Let us know how you’re doing if you can.

Love you all!

p.s. miss you Angela!!

Kim <3

amfsmokefree

Jul-31

Hi Kim!!

Holy Moly its been a while!! Can you believe we are almost in August again - 5 YEARS!!!!! SO AWESOME!!

How are you? Have you guys moved yet? How are the babies? How is your health? I pray covid hasnt impacted you all! My parents got it - but thank GOD they both are recovered and fine - it was basically flu like symptoms - never got worse.

Also guess what - since we spoke last I FINALLY finished all of my exams and I am officially a CPA! Gosh - I think I worked on those forever hahahah I am so glad to be done!

Was thinking about you and wanted to check in! I promise to check back soon :)

-AMF

JoJoMn

Jul-31

Hello, my fellow August Champions.

All is well.

Will be back tomorrow.

Remembering always:

Retreat is not an option.

Upward. Onward. Forward.

TTYS

Jo

kittymom413

Jul-31

Hi there, Jo,

It's so good to see you as I've missed your wit & wisdom. Congratulations on earning your wings tomorrow 

Have a blessed weekend,

(((BIG HUGS)))

Kitty cat