About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

March 2019 Ex-Smokers    Quit Buddies Unite

Started 1/28/19 by Terry (abquitsmking); 189264 views.
Paula266

3/3/19

Me too. I haven't got to use the word yet. But Im going too. I know people who get paid fortnightly. Lol. I will use it on one of them. It will be intetesting as I can say not only did I quit smoking, I've learned alot of new things and even discovered alot of stuff about myself, that I didn't notice before.   I can't post my 2 stars right now the emoji thingy is not working for me. So.  STAR STAR.        NOPE for me.

lizwilfred

3/3/19

Hey!

Just having a mooch round the forum! 

Bloody good to see you back! Missed being miffed at your weather!

Stay close and let me know how you’re getting on. 

Liz x

DJ (gable99)

3/3/19

I have faith in you Anthony.  I am 65 and smoked for about 50 years.  I choose to not do the patches or pills, just cold turkey.  Got rid of ashtrays, lighters in the house and car.

November  2014 my mom died an I had a TIA two weeks later (very mild one) but I knew what it was from caring for her.  I was the sole caregiver so I just chalked the TIA up to stress.  Stopped smoking for about 3 months.  Then just one puff.  Then one whole one.  Then another.  In about two weeks I was back to smoking a pack a day again. 

Thank the Lord I have not had another health scare, its just time.  Who is going to care for my dog if I am not here?  Mr. Bones and I (my dog) we have a lot of fun.  Kids out of house in other states, husband died so its just me and MB.

You can do this, just don't dwell on the slip up, aim for the SMOKE FREE future you will have!  God Bless!

Robin212

3/3/19

Allen Carr is great on audio also. Took me a while to get used to as I love to read but never LISTENED to a book lol.  Sounds like you are more determined about this quit than ever before. Read and post like a madman. Yes, agreed, there are great articles here. I never knew there was so much to know about quitting!! This forum is literally saving my life.

Robinstarstar

LarryInTenn

3/3/19

Hi, Jules.  Have you tried the cinnamon sticks?  I never used them but then I never ran up and down stairs.  lol  There are a few in the January group that really go on about how big a help they are.  Congrats on your quit

star

Wuffie34

3/3/19

Glad to see you are giving it another go!! I remember you from the August group (i failed miserably that month and wound up in the September group) It's tough and i admire your perseverance to try again!! This time you're gonna make it!!! I thought I'd start popping into the new groups and i saw you here. It's tough no doubt, but you and everyone here are going to get through it!!

Hi Marilyn,

Australia and New Zealand are fascinating places to tour if not just for the scenery. Like you say another day down I'm into my third day, I am so busy.

But it's better than sitting around smoking

Try Try Try

That's my motto

Kind regards

Anthony

Two days, 20 hours, 55 minutes and 9 seconds. 86 cigarettes not smoked, saving $85.93.

Drena2044

3/4/19

Hey Anthony, nice to see you back, I always think of you and how you keep fighting. I too am trying again. You hang in there and we can do this together. I’m in the January Braveheart group come and visit us, we are a crazy bunch. 

Good luck 

Drena2044

3/4/19

Nice key Marilyn, you got it posted. Congratulations again. 

Hi Liz,

Yes I thought I'd drop in again and annoy you all 

I have been smoking on and off again, have run out of Champix so trying cold turkey.. something different

You must have a few months under your belt now...well done

Where do you hang out the most?

Good luck with your quit

Kind regards

Anthony