About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

June 2019 Ex-Smokers    Quit Buddies Unite

Started 1/28/19 by Terry (abquitsmking); 48683 views.
June2019

Mar-25

hey, you. I've been thinking how grateful I am to have some solid non-smoking months under my belt before this. Talk about a stressor.

yea, I've been keeping busy with work which I think is good for the most part. the IRS announcement last Friday that the due date for payments and returns is postponed was a relief. I'm still working, but not super long days or weekends. I'll tell ya, though - what I do is considered 'essential' since I work with clients to meet government obligations - and I am SO grateful that I can work outside of the house. I'd go batty and I be pretty ticked off if the government called me non-essential and stopped me from earning a living. 

Do you feel like you've crossed a threshold in your quit? That weekend getaway/get together with family where you didn't think about smoking - that's a nice hallmark! hope you have more and more days like those!

hey - here's something for ya---- ( I spend a lot of time on the siggie forums collecting cuties:) )

SusanK1960

Mar-25

Adorable!  I love cuties!

Yes, not thinking about it was great!  Of course, I didn’t realize it until a couple of days later, but it was nicely noted!  Right now, I feel optimistic about my quit.

The virus crisis is life changing for all of us!  I feel somewhat more prepared for the anxiety/depression/stress that accompanies big changes due to quitting cigs.  There are tools in our toolboxes that help us navigate these emotions.  So I feel better prepared facing these changes/crisis than I would have a year ago and for that I am thankful.

Take care.  Stay healthy and avoid people.  

SusanK1960

Apr-7

Hiya,

Just dropping by on this milestone of your journey to say hello.  Here is a social distance Cheers to you!

Eve1973

Apr-7

Can I have a margarita Susan!

SusanK1960

Apr-7

Of course!  In fact, let’s all have one! 

Loreficent

Apr-8

Now I see where you girls were doing the drinking! Heeheee!

Here I am awake at 1:30 having warm milk and honey. That Margarita looks a lot better!

CC to SusanK1960
Eve1973

Apr-8

Yep that’s what we were doing! Night cap may help you!

June2019

Apr-8

thanks for getting the party started!  hope life is treatin' you right.

SusanK1960

May-10

Oh dear, I’m late, I’m late!

You are only 4 weeks from the clubhouse!  That is huge!  Do you have a key picked out?  Don’t trip running up the steps!