About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

June 2019 Ex-Smokers    Quit Buddies Unite

Started 1/28/19 by Terry (abquitsmking); 49224 views.
Loreficent

Apr-8

Now I see where you girls were doing the drinking! Heeheee!

Here I am awake at 1:30 having warm milk and honey. That Margarita looks a lot better!

CC to SusanK1960
Eve1973

Apr-8

Yep that’s what we were doing! Night cap may help you!

June2019

Apr-8

thanks for getting the party started!  hope life is treatin' you right.

SusanK1960

May-10

Oh dear, I’m late, I’m late!

You are only 4 weeks from the clubhouse!  That is huge!  Do you have a key picked out?  Don’t trip running up the steps!

June2019

May-10

oh, the pressure! for a key design & wise words to share. Nothing on either front. Sticking the quit, though. It has gotten easier.   Hope you are finding that as well :)

SusanK1960

Jun-7

Happy 1st year anniversary of being nicotine free!  

June2019

Jun-7

Thanks, kiddo.

No words of wisdom except to stick the course.

Hope you are doing A-OK, getting stronger every day, thinking about smokes less and less!

SusanK1960

Jun-7

Hi June,

Still doing fine not smoking, one day at a time.  Loving the warm weather and outside activities without being bogged down with smoking paraphernalia.

Does being one year free of nicotine feel amazing?  Do you feel like pounding your chest and letting out a Tarzan yell?

June2019

Jun-9

hey Susan. oh, I feel like yelling lately, but its got nothing to do with my 1 year smoke free b-day :)

Seriously, isn't it so great to be able to get through the day, or a series of days, without thinking about just one puff/hit?  I'm incredibly grateful to have been granted the will and strength to stick with this quit.  There is so much more to life & taking care of ourselves & being present for others that this addiction stole away.

Next up - lose the 15 pounds I gained...while keeping the arthritis in check...while not taking family disappointments personally - BUT I AIN'T SMOKING! That is a personal accomplishment that's mine all mine with a lot of help from this forum (especially 1st 5 months - ModMarge is a saint), and check ins from you & Denim (I really have to write a milestone post :/)

Drum Roll Please---Miss June has entered the Clubhouse and has no intention of ever leaving.

Congratulations big time.  Treat yourself to something special.  I got myself a new TV for my first anniversary.  it is still going strong.

Like Susan said, a Tarzan yell is in order.