About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

September 2019 Ex-Smokers   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 1/28/19 by Terry (abquitsmking); 84946 views.
Brenda (1sept19)

10/21/19

How are you doing, Linda ? Hope you had a good weekend.

Brenda (1sept19)

10/21/19

How are you doing ?  Have a good weekend ? 

Brenda (1sept19)

10/21/19

How is everything going for you, Owen ?  Meredith ?  Viv ? 

Who all is still with us ?  Hope you are all hanging in there and staying smokefree.

Owen0318

10/21/19

still here, taking it day by day !! 

MichaelaOana

10/21/19

Yes, Brenda. I like this way of thinking. Lets keep going. At the end of the day I want to say I have done my best.

lindnog

10/21/19

Hi Brenda,

I’m doing well thanks. Sorry but I haven’t had the chance to be on the forum during this last week, as my sister came to stay with us for a week. We have had meals out, shopping trips and time spent together.
I hope you are well and have had a good weekend. 

Linda

VIV691 (NOSMOKING3)

10/21/19

Hi Brenda  pleased to still be smoke free.

Aussie Viv

Ovivi

10/21/19

I won’t lie, it’s been challenging for me the last few days! The junkie thinking came back, just when I thought I’d gotten over it.  That old “lets just buy a pack and go to that park where no one will know” voice that used to win every time I’ve quit before. But I’m saying shut up to that thinking, over and over, lol.  
We won’t be fooled again, right? How are you doing, Brenda?

In reply toRe: msg 831
Owen0318

10/22/19

Anyone here familiar with Chris Skoyles and his videos and articles ?

4quitness

10/22/19

Someone else on here mentioned him so I checked him out. I found him a bit boring, but then again I have trouble concentrating even after almost 4 months quit. The best info I've read has been on www.theverywellmind website and on this forum. I also read Allen Carr's book. You can gather helpful info from all of them, but not all of them work for everyone. Just check out everything that you can find and use what works for you. Good Luck!

Michele