About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

October 2019 Ex-Smokers    Quit Buddies Unite

Started 1/28/19 by Terry (abquitsmking); 99979 views.
SusanK1960

11/3/19

Hi MarkOU812,

I am also three weeks quit!  Yay us!  

one day at a time 10/13/19

slowblumer

11/4/19

Hi Susan,

Way to go to you too on 3 weeks quit.  Keep on Noping.

Brenda (1sept19)

11/4/19

Congratulations, Mark !!! 

Brenda (1sept19)

11/4/19

Congratulations, Susan.  Keep going, it gets better and better.

MarkOU812

11/4/19

Way to go Susan.

Keep the faith

Mark

SusanK1960

11/4/19

Well done on your achievement of staying quit for three weeks!

SusanK1960

11/4/19

Thanks Brenda!  Hope you are doing well. 

I have not really been on forums before, and must say I am more a reader than a contributor, but I am trying.  In fact I couldn’t figure out how to even start a thread, so I just picked a message and wrote a reply.

I have had several unsuccessful quits before, a couple of them lasting 3 months at the most.  After reading articles, I found that the statistics show “support” increases your chance for the quit to stick.

Thanks for the support!

SusanK1960

11/4/19

Good evening,  

thank you for the support!  I love your SLowBlumer tag line.  I can relate in many ways.  

I too have smoked for 40 years.  In fact, both my parents smoked in the house growing up and I started smoking after my first year of college, (Darn freshman 15! ), so I have probably not been around smoke for 9 months of my 59 years.  Talk about Slow Bloomer!

VIV691 (NOSMOKING3)

11/4/19

Hello Susan. Welcome.  I have only been quit this time for two months.  Over the years I have been around this forum I have quit for a few months to 2 years.  Like you i have been around smoking most of my life.  With all the opportunities I have had this has to be THE QUIT.   This is such asupportive forum.  I wish you great success.  A little tip I was given:  if you feel like smoking post an   SOS and WAIT for 3 replies.......the theory is that the desire will be gone by then.  It sounds a bit lame but it works.

Vivienne

slowblumer

11/5/19

Hi Susan,

Yes, i was a real slowblumer = 44 yrs of smoking and sticking my head in the sand as to the damage I was doing to myself.

Guess we were both slowblumers - but no more.  One day at a time you can beat this addiction.