About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

October 2019 Ex-Smokers    Quit Buddies Unite

Started 1/28/19 by Terry (abquitsmking); 95425 views.
SusanK1960

Jul-13

This last weekend, my youngest child was married.  I saw a lot of friends I had not seen in quite a while, most of them from out of state.  My matron of honor at my wedding, (39 years ago) was visiting with me the evening before the wedding,  At the reception, she asked surprisingly if I had given up smoking. It took me by surprise because everyone around me has gotten used to not seeing me smoke.  I haven’t had anyone notice that change for a while.  That was a nice reward!

21 months ago today!

Loreficent

Jul-14

Oh, that is fantastic! I bet you were thrilled and so proud to tell her yes, smoke free almost two years!! Where does time go these days? 
So do you have this elusive peace all the time yet? I will say I’m noticing being comfortable. Definitely feel better physically and emotionally and aware I just don’t want the drama of being a smoker anymore. 

Married for 39 years? Wowza. I think if one can be married for 39 years, one can quit smoking, right? joy In my book it shows you definitely got some ability to be committed. 
I have every confidence in you Susan. You have been and remain my rock. kissing_heart

Anne2020

Jul-14

Well done Susan.  It's so great to feel your self-esteem with pride when you can say 'yes, I quit - several months/years ago'

Cheers!