About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

January Bravehearts 2019   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 1/31/19 by ModAndrea; 500891 views.
jean111

12/10/19

Hi Meg!  Glad you're back!!!  

Lainie (elaineadele)

12/10/19

Do you remember whe you first got some relief?

leighmomof2

12/10/19

Hi Lainie: it’s really hard to give an exact time relief hit. For a while, I would feel great for a week and think I was in the clear and bam weird cravings hit masked as loneliness or a feeling of “missing”. I think at around 4 months is when I started stringing together good days. It was probably 9 months before I truly felt consistently good. That is good with my quit, of course I still have crazy days! I have 2 smallish kids please just hang in there. It really is worth the fight. 

leighmomof2

12/10/19

Hi Robin, winter is so depressing. Nothing like pitch black at 4:00 pm lol. I am looking forward to 12/21.. after that I can tell myself the days get slightly longer everyday from there! 
we sure have come a long way. I promise myself I will never get complacent. I will cherish my quit forever. It’s the hardest thing I have ever done. I will hold on tight. I am glad you have the same mindset.

i won’t be walking into that clubhouse, I will be running. I never thought it was possible for me. It’s almost here!!! You first! Yay!!!!!! 

Robin212

12/14/19

It's getting closer to 12/21! More sunlight! Almost to the clubhouse Leigh! I was at a party last night and there was one smoker..going outside every half hour by herself. She was visible through the windows so I watched her for a few minutes and I felt so sorry for her!  She looked so...trapped.  A slave.   OMG the smell!!! Horrid!! But the hold that nicodemon has is just so awfully  strong!... always waiting for that fix!

These instances are great reminders for me so I can keep my guard up at   all times and continue to feel discusted by cigarettes.

I still have a (huge) pile of work pants and skirts  which are a bit tight angry ...hopefully I'll be able to eventually wear them again!!! UGH

"New year new you" is that what they say? Well for us Bravehearts we have dual celebrations then! 

Let's keep going strong!

Lainie (elaineadele)

12/14/19

When did you feel some relief?

Bev_1977

12/25/19

Hi all!

I don't have time to go through the thread. How many fellow January 19 quitters are there? I will be quit for 1 year next week.

Can't say that this is my first Christmas without smokes. I was quit a month and a half last Christmas. I relapsed on the 28th last year. I will say this time I had no thoughts of it. I enjoyed the day with my husband and my grown children.

How were your holidays?

Bev

Quit January 1, 2019

star2x11

Smoke Free: 358d 17h 50m 13s
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 10,762.3
Life Regained: 82d 5h 5m 15s
Money Saved: $ 3,481.6

• Edited December 25, 2019 5:51 pm  by  Bev_1977
Denim50

12/25/19

Hey January Bravehearts ‘19, 

Congratulations on having reached 11 months smoke free this December. Congratulations also on celebrating 2020 by reaching the Clubhouse and your one year milestone in January. That’s a awesome achievement! So happy for each of you.  

Happy holidays and best wishes for a happy, healthy, and amazing New Year!