About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Quitting Causing Depression   General Chit-Chat

Started 5/2/19 by missmypal; 10590 views.
Brenda (1sept19)

10/14/19

I have read a thread on here called "Tricky 8-11 months" so I think it does happen with people.  It is in the QUIT SUPPORT section.  Maybe check it out and see what they have to say.  Wishing you all the best.

missmypal

10/14/19

Thanks, Mary. I feel alone too but I guess we aren’t. We’re here on this site together after all. 

Marci

Rassister

10/15/19

Talk to your doctor. It may be related to your quit, maybe not. I take Wellbutrin for depression and it is quite helpful.  I was depressed before I quit and I continue to take the Wellbutrin.  It might be worth a conversation with your doctor based on your description of how you feel.  

All the best

Rassister

10/15/19

Hey Mary,  

i remember meeting you when you first started your quit.  Congratulations on 11 months smoke free!   I am 19 months Smoke free and I know how you are feeling.  So much better than the first day,first week and first year.   I have been away from the forum for awhile.  I rarely think of cigarettes anymore after 42 years quit!   It is a wonderful feeling.  I returned to the forum this past weekend and I am finding that I enjoy coming on here and seeing all of my fellow Nopers.  I hope you can see the clubhouse just down the road a bit!   Congratulations on tackling this addiction.  I hope to see you on here again very soon.  

All the best, 

Rassister

10/15/19

If you are on this forum you are never alone. I quit smoking after 42 years using this forum.  I have been smoke free for 19 months.  It is a miracle. I am finally free. However, I would never have succeeded without my fellow March 2018 Warriors and many others on this forum.   We did this together.  Stay on this forum.  You can do this!   Just never look back.   You do not want to redo that first day.  I wish you the best and hope to see you again soon.  I have been off the forum for awhile but I am going to try and get back on more often now.  Please keep reaching out.  Somebody will hopefully grab your hand and guide you to peace and freedom.  

l1717mary

10/17/19

Hi Rass

THings are good but still miss my friend but I hope he is gone for ever because I know I cant have him back he was slowly killing me.

Have been out shopping for my new KEY.

Well done 19 months  I am watching you get too 2 year mark.

This forum is amazing life is for living.

Mary

Rassister

10/17/19

Hey Mary,

it really makes me happy to see that you never gave up and you beat this.  The clubhouse is a great destination and truly a life changing accomplishment. What is your quit date?   

l1717mary

10/18/19

Good morning Rass

MY quit date is the 7-12 2018 by my quit meter I am into my 11 month. My quit meter will show me when I will be one year quit so when the time comes I will be checking every day cant wait to see it showing 12 months.

I still can't believe that I am nearly a year this quit just started off as one day then another day week weeks now it months.My  other quitsI was thinking about next day next month next year when all I needed to do was just stay in the moment hour, day week. month. As I sit here typing this I think about a cig but all it is a thought just have to let it go.

Mary 11 months