About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Alexandra's Quit Story   Quit Stories and Journals

Started 9/23/15 by alEXsmoker (afrancis333); 47893 views.

Hey Youdi, I'm feeling encouraged today.  So far, I have not smoked a cigarette.  I read some of the article that ModAndrea sent and then dove a little deeper into the quit smoking toolbox.  I know that I don't want to smoke.  I was buying into the junkie thinking.  What a mess.  I allowed that resentment towards my aunt to throw me way off.  Now I feel like I'm back on solid ground.  I want to keep this quit.  I'm a little over 24 hrs in.  We'll see.  I know I just have this moment, but I'll take it.  I need to be here for my baby girl.  I want to help her go prom dress shopping and be there for her wedding and hopefully her children.  Thank you so much for checking on me.  I really appreciate your support.  xo

youdi

11/17/15

Great going Alex thumbsup,  think of keeping yourself away from smoking just for one day at a time, play with baby, sleep early , eat candies, watch movies, do anything to keep yourself away from having a puff...

Yay!  I just ate some multi grain chips.  They were crunchy and delicious.  :)

youdi

11/18/15

Nice :) .... how are you doing today??

So today, I smoked.  Ugh.  I couldn't resist the temptation.  There were several people outside of the place I went this morning.  And the excuse is "at least it isn't 'x' you know".  Will renew my quit tomorrow.  Dang this addiction is strong.  

I will say this though.  I didn't go buy a pack.  So I am happy about that.  :D

youdi

11/18/15

New day, new attempt... will check with you tomorrow...

youdi

11/18/15

Just for kicks :) try and see if you can avoid taking another puff rest of the day ... Simple goal, don't think about tomorrow, just no puff today...

Ok - I'm going to do it. blush