About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Alexandra's Quit Story   Quit Stories and Journals

Started 9/23/15 by alEXsmoker (afrancis333); 50050 views.

Thanks Laura my mind is truly a bad neighborhood. But I trust that it will work itself out. As long as I keep quitting it will stick eventually. I'm hoping today is the beginning of a long and healthy quit.

youdi

11/23/15

Hahaha.... no Youdi is not You Die ... Friends fondly call me Youdi.. 

In reply toRe: msg 61

Hi Everyone, 

Checking in on this lovely Monday morning.  I made it thru the weekend without a cigarette.  I must admit that last night my anxiety was thru the roof!  I was praying my butt off.  But it worked.  I'm happy that I made it thru.  It is crazy to me that this addiction can permeate every bit of my being.  It was so elusive that I could not see that I was not making the choice.  My addiction was.  I NEVER want to be in that position again.  I am hanging on to this quit as long as I can.  For today, I'll just take it one moment at a time.  I love you guys so much.  

Alex

P.S.  I will also add that I was feeling guilty while smoking, but then thinking the smoking would help my feelings of guilt, but it wouldn't because the thing I was feeling guilty about was smoking.  Ugh.

youdi

11/23/15

Great going Alex!!!! thumbsup

slowblumer

11/23/15

Hi Alex,

Nice to see your meter up and running.  One moment at a time, then one day at a time.  You can do this.

Thanks Marge.  I appreciate your support very much.

In reply toRe: msg 44

Just posting to check in today.  Its been a little sticky.  I saw a friend of mine smoking outside my workplace earlier.  I joke with him saying, "Give me one!" and he laughs, but part of me kind of wants it.  I guess I should stop pretending/playing about that.  Here's to another day smober!  xo

slowblumer

11/24/15

Hey Alex,

Here's  to another day somber with you.  I hope you have a nice Thanksgiving with low stress and lots of fun.  Stay strong.

Sooz007

11/25/15

Alex, you're doing great - just keep letting those hours and days add up - it will be worth it in the end.  Nearly at the end of Hell Week which will feel great!

Sooz :)