About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Where is everyone from?   General Chit-Chat

Started 8/26/19 by Jan2185; 5506 views.

I'm near Denver, CO, US

In reply toRe: msg 33
CindiS319

9/6/19

I am from Northeastern Ohio.  I also read Alan Carr's book and agree with what everyone said on here.  He had some good points.  I read it about a month after I already quit.  I also used Chantix for the first 4 months.  I also read EVERY article someone posted and watched every video I could.  I wanted to keep myself ANGRY at the tobacco companies and marketing and at myself for wasting money and hurting my body for 40 years.  Did that on a regular basis to keep myself motivated to stay quit.  My husband still smokes and now I rarely even thing about it.  His smoking just basically annoys me.  And most importantly, I stayed close to this forum and my Feb/March 2018 quit buddies (who are all still here).  Actually there's 3 of us that quit the same day and are still here.  Those of you still going through the hard times, just keep taking it day by day.  You can do this!

• Edited September 6, 2019 1:41 pm  by  CindiS319
In reply toRe: msg 34
SusanK1960

Jan-4

Hi, thought this was interesting, so recirculating it.

I live in Farmington, NM US

turtles

Jan-5

Atlanta, Georgia 

Araec

Jan-5

I'm from Ireland 

In reply toRe: msg 37
Arielle2019

Jan-5

I am Swedish and live in Sweden now since a few years but have lived all over the world. For example, I lived in Ireland for nearly a decade. 

Matt1961

Jan-5

Portland, Oregon.

I spent some time in and around Farmington, NM when I was a student in Denver back in the late 1980's.  I no doubt bought a pack or two of cigarettes there.  Sure wish I would have just been a visiting nonsmoker!

SusanK1960

Jan-5

Happy Sunday to you,

My husband and I were raised in Wyoming, different towns.  He worked in oilfield, so we were transferred to Utah, then Colorado for most of the 90's, then transferred to Farmington in 1998 and still here.  He is retired, so no more transferring.  

Matt1961

Jan-5

I was single at the time, and a bit nomadic, putting off growing up as long as I could.  I spent my summers in Anchorage, Alaska and moved there after my Denver graduation for no other reason than because it was fun.  In the mid-90's, I could no longer put off growing up, so I moved here for career purposes, met and married my wife, and have been here since.  Why oh why did I not stop smoking then?  I sure would love to be on here reporting that I have been a nonsmoker for 25 years rather than just my 25 days that I can legitimately claim.

SusanK1960

Jan-5

We all wish that we had never started.  The thing is, we are doing it NOW!  That old saying, better late than never.......