About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Where is everyone from?   General Chit-Chat

Started 8/26/19 by Jan2185; 5226 views.
Matt1961

Jan-5

I was single at the time, and a bit nomadic, putting off growing up as long as I could.  I spent my summers in Anchorage, Alaska and moved there after my Denver graduation for no other reason than because it was fun.  In the mid-90's, I could no longer put off growing up, so I moved here for career purposes, met and married my wife, and have been here since.  Why oh why did I not stop smoking then?  I sure would love to be on here reporting that I have been a nonsmoker for 25 years rather than just my 25 days that I can legitimately claim.

SusanK1960

Jan-5

We all wish that we had never started.  The thing is, we are doing it NOW!  That old saying, better late than never.......

cherbearquit

Jan-5

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

In reply toRe: msg 37
turtles

Jan-5

I’m 2nd generation here, my grandfather and grandmother from Cork and Limerick

Arielle2019

Jan-5

Interesting that your grandparents are from Ireland, I used to live in Limerick a long time ago and have been to Cork many times. It's a small world relaxed

Have you ever been to Ireland to visit your relatives? four_leaf_clover

turtles

Jan-5

I have not, but some of my cousins have been here to visit...we all exchanged pictures and stories...It was nice to tie family bonds that were separated.
Arielle2019

Jan-5

Exchanging all those stories must have been exiting, family is still family regardsless of the distance heart_eyes

SusanK1960

Jan-5

I can’t imagine living in different countries, unless you are in military, politics or mission work.  May I ask what opportunity/reason to live in different countries?  

• Edited January 5, 2020 11:08 pm  by  SusanK1960
In reply toRe: msg 48
IainZAR

Jan-6

South Africa sunny

48yrsmokin

Jan-6

This is cool!!!!  We don't even now each other butt we all have something in common.  Power to the NOPER'S.   Coming from Northern Indiana USA.                                                        sunglasses