About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Anyone else out there using the patch??   Introductions/Newcomers Nook

Started 11/2/19 by Jonny84; 1778 views.
Jonny84

11/3/19

I use whatever the Walgreens generic brand is.  I think its a 24 hour 1.  I'm going to try to step down to Step 3 this week.  Its just a hard process - I need to remember to just be patient

MarkOU812

11/3/19

I'm with you on the dreams. They're great

First time in years I remember dreaming. 

10/13/2019 I stopped poisoning myself 

Mark

MarkOU812

11/3/19

Hey Jonny

Think I'm going to run it out per instructions. 6 weeks, 2, and 1. I wore them at nite the 1st week (great dreams for me). Take it off about 9pm on about an hour after I'm up. Sometimes forget ends up 2-3 hours. I figure no need to rush, this is a process. Good luck, keep the faith.

10/13/2019 I stopped poisoning myself 

Mark

Jonny84

11/3/19

Good point - I guess I shouldn't rush it either

Jenifer (Zarknorph)

11/4/19

Not sure about generic ones.

Obviously a US brand, I can only go on what I have down here in Australia.

empacher

11/5/19

Hi Jonny, yes I was disappointed after coming off the patches as I found it hard.  I guess I didn’t realise I was addicted to the patches.  Anyway I am now off the patches and have 1/2 lozenge a day, I’m trying to keep to one.  I quit smoking in May and still I’ve started waking early in the mornings again.  Coming off the patches takes time so don’t rush and if you feel really bad go onto the low dose again.  I didn’t wear them at night as I couldn’t sleep because of the dreams.  I used the Nicolette day ones. 

Evillarreal2

11/7/19

Constipation onlygrimacing. Drink a lot of water. Eucalyptus tea works too. Other than that, I had mostly psychological symptoms, like having to do something with my hands now. Actual nicotine withdrawal was little and far between but REALLY strong. Like once or twice a day for 4-5 days. Irritability sometimes late in the evening but I was aware and able to control it mostly. Nothing a gum can't take care of.

Deluz

11/7/19

The patch is so helpful. For me it makes quitting relatively painless. Until the patch comes off. That is my hurdle. I am going to stay on it longer this time.

Jonny84

11/7/19

Thanks for the encouragement - it is better - but I feel like my life really sucks right now

baysedge

11/7/19

Haaa..   good to see your name again . Hope yoyr quit is going well