About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Why not today ?   Introductions/Newcomers Nook

Started 11/8/19 by candrew; 678 views.
Neats (1146)

11/11/19

Hi Andrew,

Great post! We can all relate to your fear of a smokefree life. The fear is very real and scary but what makes many of us more petrified is the longterm effect of continuing to smoke. Do not be hard on yourself it's an horrible addiction and you have made a step in the right direction by posting on this forum. Do not give up hope on quitting, just stay with us and continue reading all the articles and stories here. 

I smoked for 36 years 40 or more cigarettes daily and I hated myself for it and like you tried everything and thought I would never stop. But in January 2016 something snapped inside. I had become so sick of my smoking lifestyle and I just  really wanted to be smoke free.  I smoked the remaining cigarettes in my pack then went cold turkey. I was very drowsy during that period and slept alot but managed to get through the detox with the help of this forum and constantly sips of ice cold water. 

You will know when your ready to give quitting another bash and when you do we are here to support you. 

candrew

11/11/19

Wow! How many benefits that you have realized in the short period of time you have been smoke-free,  I'd like to have what  you have. 15 days is incredible! 

Thanks for your reply. I think that I have found something that will truly help me in my efforts to finally quit. That is this forum and people like you who helping me strengthen my commitment to finally get rid of this beast.

We all live in fear for whatever is not working in our life. Tony Robbins, a famous motivational speaker,  was a proponent of the fire walk which we were asked to walk across a bed burning coals in bare feet Putting fear out of our minds and just simply doing it was his message

Thanks    Jonny       11/11/2019                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                

...[Message truncated]
View Full Message