About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

January 2020 Ex-Smokers   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 12/3/19 by ModDee; 76385 views.
Majomar

8/2/20

Hi, Susan, thank you so much!

I do need some positive feelings to back up the struggle. I'm still smoke-free, although I haven't found my peace yet.

There are still many situations that make me anxious, and the old way was lightning up a cigarette, I don't do that anymore and still have to get used to it. I still eat too much to calm down when the crisis hits. But I'm not giving up. Just patiently waiting for my freedom and taking it day by day.

Thank you and congratulations to all of you staying strong! We can do it!

Love,

Maja

In reply toRe: msg 626
Anne2020

9/3/20

I rejoice in 8 months of not one puff ever - well done to all my fellow January  2020 quitters!  

In reply toRe: msg 627
Anne2020

9/18/20

Is there no-one else quit in January 2020?

Eve1973

9/18/20

I’m not sure. I quit 1/30/2020......but didn’t find this forum til February, so I joined that one technically.  But congrats to you!

Anne2020

11/30/20

I cannot believe it - one more month to one year.....wow

11 months done and dusted as of tomorrow - Cheers!!!!!

Snoopy Dance GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Eve1973

11/30/20

Congratulations Anne! That’s so great! Yes been a very weird/odd year! I have no doubt you will be celebrating on January 1st about a lot of things!

SusanK1960

12/1/20

Hi Anne,

How wonderful you must feel to be nearing the end of your first year smoke free!  I am so glad to read that this journey has been such a positive experience for you!  Great job on being a quitter!

SusanK1960

12/1/20

Hi Dan,

I wanted to drop in and extend my heartfelt felicitations on this day, celebrating your 11 month reprieve from your previous toxic state!

Anne2020

12/2/20

It is amazing how this even happened.  I am very pleased and count myself very lucky that I didn't suffer as so many seem to.  You must also be elated with having recently made the clubhouse.  I cannot remember if I get a key after one year or is it two.? 

Cheers Susan to all of us who put out the cigarettes for good. 

DanJF3

12/29/20

Thanks Susan!  I'm not very good at navigating this site and 4 weeks later I am finally seeing your message  :)  I appreciate the support you have provided over the past year and hope you are doing well.  Also congratulations to Anne who shares my quit date.  Just a couple more days and we are at one year!  Woo hoo!